Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

paint sucks! look MR owners or anyone else who wants to

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:40 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try having a black evo. my paint was swirled when I left the lot
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ejcabrera
feels like the only thing mitsubishi did right is the 4g63 motor. everything else made by them sucks unless you got lucky. suspension is good because it wasnt made by mitsubishi. wheels are great because they werent made by mitsubishi. tires are great because they werent made by mitsubishi. people have alot of problems with the clutch but mine is still holidng up so i guess i'll say it sucks. kind of makes me regret buying this car when i could of got a bmw for about the same price. i wish i could go to whoever was in charge of painting cars at the factory and deck him in the face for being an idiot.
Good luck punching a robot in the umm well whatever robots have for eyes. LOL Anyhoo rock chips are just a fact of life, and you could go back and forth all day long on who has the best paint on factory cars but unless its made by Germans, guess what, stock paint is prolly going to suck. As far as fixing the OP chip, touch up is the only way to fix it and I feel for ya, white cars SHOW EVERY LIL CHIP, but it could be worse, you could have a black car and see every lil swirl, scratch, sandscratches, etc etc etc. Just touch it up and when/if you do ever get it repainted, have them apply chip gaurd on it and it WILL NEVER HAPPEN again, also with chip gaurd its hardly noticable and it is definately worth it. Later

Josh
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
did you honestly expect mitsubishi paint to be good?

what you should have said is the paint sucks for a 30k+ car. This type of paint job befits a 15k ****box.
Well what do you expect from a 15k car with a 15k powertrain?

Last edited by travman; Sep 19, 2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DanJ
Most japanese cars paint sucks, if you wanted good paint you should of went with a german car. Hell from day 1 there is a 2 foot overspray mark on my hood. I have to go back to mitsu and get it taken care of or maybe wetsand it down myself.

HOLY CRAP ***** DANMAN, do not wetsand that off of there, if mitsu will not take care of it get a claybar and just claybar it yourself. It will only take about 20 minutes or less with a claybar and you will not have to buff your shine back up. If you are aching to learn to buff then by all means go for the wetsanding, but save yourself some time and effort and just get a claybar and it will take care of it.

Josh
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:30 PM
Account Disabled

Black paint will be hard to take care of regardless of who painted it. As for calling Mitsu paint cheap, c'mon man, you should hear all the Subaru horror stories. We have it alot better than others. You chipped your paint, S#!T HAPPENS. Don't try to blame Mitsu for that. If something flies up and cracks your windshield are you gonna blame Mitsu for cheap glass? This is rediculous.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ejcabrera
okay so i own a 06 ww evo mr. i got this car back in march and only have about 2500 miles on it and what do you know first chip. and its a pretty noticable chip since its white and you can see the polyurethane sideskirt. its like they only put one coat of paint on it. the only way i would guess this happend is those advans they stick on the stock mr's shot a pebble against my sideskirt. does anybody know if this is covered on warranty or how to cover it up without having to repaint the sideskirt.
its covered under the warranty i got. I pay an extra $8/month to get my paint repaired anytime i want from rock chips, tree sap, bird droppings or just scratches. also for the other $8/month i spend, i get my BBS' and Advans replaced for free if i hit a pot hole, curb rash, etc.... (but not from normal wear and tear)
Old Sep 19, 2006, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Smile

Originally Posted by travman
Well what do you expect from a 15k car with a 15k powertrain?
thats funny.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ziggy_juju
HOLY CRAP ***** DANMAN, do not wetsand that off of there, if mitsu will not take care of it get a claybar and just claybar it yourself. It will only take about 20 minutes or less with a claybar and you will not have to buff your shine back up. If you are aching to learn to buff then by all means go for the wetsanding, but save yourself some time and effort and just get a claybar and it will take care of it.

Josh
Woops I don't think the correct term was overspray then, i'm not sure what kind of paint deffect this is.

I tried the claybar @ it for a bit and it had no success. At first glance it looked like a 2 foot long scrape, but after I inspected it close it seems as though it's above the clearcoat. Like I can't feel it with my fingernail but if i rub my finger on it, it seems like it's above the rest of the paint.

I just don't want to bring the car to mitsu because i need my car basically everyday. I don't have the time to drop my car off and be without it for 2 days.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 03:57 PM

time to bust out the nail polish

As a side note, mitsu paint used to be great. Have you ever seen the 3 stage pearl paint on the 3000gt's?

Last edited by EVO<VR4; Sep 19, 2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

this thread is like a 944 owner complaining that no one can fit in the back seat. lol

if you want luxury paint, buy a luxury car
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i have a ww mr as well and i have a bunch of those gashes and chips all down my side skirts
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:43 PM

here too. Nice size gash on the driver side skirt. Also have to big *** gashes on my hood from rocks. I can see the metal. Glad i got apex siver to match the aluminum underneath. lol
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:54 PM

Try owning something from GM a few years ago.....

Thats all I've gotta say.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
My BMW and my Subaru were actually worse for chips and BMW black was the worst paint I have ever seen for swirls.
i think black in general is worst for swirls silver is the best IMO
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

that chip is terrible!

Quick Reply: paint sucks! look MR owners or anyone else who wants to