Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

paint sucks! look MR owners or anyone else who wants to

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paint sucks! look MR owners or anyone else who wants to

okay so i own a 06 ww evo mr. i got this car back in march and only have about 2500 miles on it and what do you know first chip. and its a pretty noticable chip since its white and you can see the polyurethane sideskirt. its like they only put one coat of paint on it. the only way i would guess this happend is those advans they stick on the stock mr's shot a pebble against my sideskirt. does anybody know if this is covered on warranty or how to cover it up without having to repaint the sideskirt.
Attached Thumbnails paint sucks!  look MR owners or anyone else who wants to-cimg0705.jpg  

Last edited by Speedlimit; Sep 19, 2006 at 05:45 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:55 PM
Evolving Member

welcome to mitsu
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:56 PM

hell no its not covered under warranty... and the only way to cover it up is with a lot of touch up paint, unless you wanna repaint the entire side skirt... hey im from walnut too, right by the high school...
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:57 PM
Account Disabled

You got a chip on your paint, it happens. Some people even get scratches on thier paint. I know, its crazy out there.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by TogueMonster
You got a chip on your paint, it happens. Some people even get scratches on thier paint. I know, its crazy out there.
hey when i got my first chip i almost cryed!! i was like... my poor baby
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:00 AM

damn these are fast replies. just makes me think new things about mitsubishi and how cheap they are. now i think daewoo and kia could of painted my car better.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by grafix43
hell no its not covered under warranty... and the only way to cover it up is with a lot of touch up paint, unless you wanna repaint the entire side skirt... hey im from walnut too, right by the high school...
yeah i've seen you drive around la puente. you have a white mr right? so many now in walnut its like having one of these isnt anything special anymore. no more breaking necks when i drive by.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kf6ytc
welcome to mitsu
X 2.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:25 AM

feels like the only thing mitsubishi did right is the 4g63 motor. everything else made by them sucks unless you got lucky. suspension is good because it wasnt made by mitsubishi. wheels are great because they werent made by mitsubishi. tires are great because they werent made by mitsubishi. people have alot of problems with the clutch but mine is still holidng up so i guess i'll say it sucks. kind of makes me regret buying this car when i could of got a bmw for about the same price. i wish i could go to whoever was in charge of painting cars at the factory and deck him in the face for being an idiot.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:33 AM

definitely recommend clear bra to avoid those chip problems...
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ Do people really clear bra their sideskirts?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:54 AM

yeah ive never seen that. the only clear bra i saw was for the door jams. i think mudguards will do the thing so random stuff doesnt fly off your wheels.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:30 AM
Evolving Member

My dads bmw got rock chips just as bad
Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:47 AM

well paint chips are unavoidable to any car but bmws paint is higher grade than mitsubishi's for sure. they do way more layers and the paint takes more abuse. hell i took my parents x5 to the mammoth where i needed chains and it was all out snowing. when driving like offroad situations in the snow thechains broke and were slapping against the body. only minor scratches were on the body. the mitsubishi's paint would of been owned for sure. later that trip my friend crashed into my rear because he could not stop in time because his cocky *** did not use chains because he claims his 4wd and snowtires on a pathfinder were enough. when i get out i see his car is pretty much owned. where only my bumper had dented in and a few scratches so that needed to be replaced. just proving bmw's paint is way superior and built like tanks.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:48 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
My BMW and my Subaru were actually worse for chips and BMW black was the worst paint I have ever seen for swirls.

Quick Reply: paint sucks! look MR owners or anyone else who wants to