Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

came back from dealership..test drove 06 sti and an evo 9 again.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2006, 03:57 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by evo72man
Don't get your feelings hurt if your 50 years old.
Not at all. I just think it's a little silly to assume that a more mature driver is somehow less capable of handling a powerful automobile, when the exact opposite is usually the case. Good luck to you.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 05:30 PM
Pocket Mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed. Once I ran across a Z06 driven by a grandpa at a redlight. I rolled down my window and motioned for him to lower his window. He did so and I complimented him on his ride and how it's a car I would love to own in the future. He pointed at me, when I had a rsx, and told me he's amazed at how powerful a tiny 4 banger can be and said I made a good choice. "It's the modern day hot rod," is what he said. Light turns green, grandpa does a mini burn out and floors the car. Car shoots out across the intersection and I hear the V8 just doing it's thing. Absolute music to my ears.

No reason a grandpa can't drive. Hell that grandpa gave me one of the best demonstrations of what a Z06 can do.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

It's pretty much plan and simple for me....Buy the STi if you want comfort and a nice interior....buy the EVO if you care about having the ultimate road car for that price range. Though I wish the evo seats would be just a tad bit more comfier. Also, if you care about your friends when your driving around go with the EVO cause I'm just shy of 6ft tall and it's a pain in the *** to sit in the back of an STi.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 05:52 PM
Pocket Mo

The STi and Evo both have pros and cons. Want the everyday comfy car? STi. Want the car you can mod fairly easily and sacrifice some interior comfort? Evo. I picked the Evo because I get to push the cool button and put it into snow mode.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by andysoo8284
Indeed. Once I ran across a Z06 driven by a grandpa at a redlight. I rolled down my window and motioned for him to lower his window. He did so and I complimented him on his ride and how it's a car I would love to own in the future. He pointed at me, when I had a rsx, and told me he's amazed at how powerful a tiny 4 banger can be and said I made a good choice. "It's the modern day hot rod," is what he said. Light turns green, grandpa does a mini burn out and floors the car. Car shoots out across the intersection and I hear the V8 just doing it's thing. Absolute music to my ears.

No reason a grandpa can't drive. Hell that grandpa gave me one of the best demonstrations of what a Z06 can do.
I agree I plan to be that grandpa with the EVO xv or the zo10
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:14 PM
Pocket Mo

^ Evo XV or Z10. I'll spring for the R40 GT-R
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dayf
Depends on what you consider to be low end. You can gain a few hundred rpm of response from the turbo by tuning the mivec. The graphs I've seen show more torque sooner with the reflash.

Either way.. Neither the STi or the Evo are going to provide the real low end that comes from a V8.

Torque isnt the greatest thing since sliced bread. My LS1 Camaro gets no traction and sucks going fast around corners.