Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

1/4 mile guesses

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2006, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Boosterclubevo,

My honest opinion is that the big 720cc might hurt you more than help you, other secondary items are also questionable.
Like someone said before, tuning and driving would be the more valuable things to consider.

As far is TTPengineering, why are people giving him hard time ? He already show his success with his own car, he runs very fast and traps the seconds fastest known stock turbo Evo trap speeds.

I think that he has more right to talk smack than many of us. I am not defending him or anything like that but I just sense a lot of hostilities for no reason. Just my .2c

Carlos
Old Sep 29, 2006, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Many people have the misconception that as a vendor I am bound to make you feel good by telling you you'll run overly fast times. You see, the difference between TTP and the rest is I am also someone like you, been there and done that. An enthusiast that is out there doing the things you do, drag racing, modding, building, modding and tuning. The difference is I don't do it to profit, I do it because it is what I enjoy doing and I truly love these cars and want to see others with the same successful mod path.

Instead of telling you you'll run low 11's, I get REAL with you. Its not meant to hurt your feelings. It is meant to keep it real and set your expectations within realistic horizons.

Nothing I stated was but the truth. So when I said I urge you to run the car, I just want to see confirmation of my estimated ET.

Compcams take a SPECIFIC type of tuning on top of all the other things I mentioned.

Point is, mods don't increase power. Precise and purposeful modification with proper tuning makes power. Without both, you just have a cammed Evo with meaningless mods and questionable tuning on a specific cam profile that will only accept tuning a certain way which differs from other cams. My suspician is due to the lift.
+1 Thank you.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:39 AM
Pocket Mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes the truth sucks but learn from it. No point in crying.