Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Trying to buy aftermarket exhaust..have some questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2006, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to buy aftermarket exhaust..have some questions

I know theres an insane amount of exhaust threads..but i couldnt find what i needed....

Im trying to get an aftermarket exhaust...I really dont want to buy something that will effect or void my warranty in anyway (ive had issues in the past with lamer stuff so i dont wanna risk it)

so what do i need to keep it safe from the dealership haggling me???..do i just need to find a kit that has cat's still, or just a muffler that bolts on to the stock piping?? i cant find any mufflers that are just bythemselfs that bolt on, just full kits with piping that seems illegal

Can anyone list me some exhaust kits or give me some links to some that are warranty safe that also arent super loud, even if its jus ta bolt on muffler, doesnt have to be all hardcore...ide apreciate it a TON!!!

Thanks

Last edited by iheartevos; Sep 30, 2006 at 08:36 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

i have never heard of warranty safe exhaust systems
Old Sep 30, 2006, 08:39 PM

i know i get the same responses everytime...if you read it im just asking for anything that wont effect it...

even if its just a muffler which i know wont wont give me trouble..i dont even know if they make bolt on ones that you can keep all the stock cats and piping...thats why im asking
Old Sep 30, 2006, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you're almost definitely warranty safe with a cat-back only exhaust system, never heard of anyone being denied a claim for a cat-back.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
check out this axle back from Works

http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...products_id=79
Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by thisxguy
check out this axle back from Works

http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...products_id=79
Dude thanks exactly the site i needed....they even had another muffler that bolted on to the factory flange that was nice looking with good power gians....

thanks
Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

if you put on an exhaust they cant void your whole car warranty. just the warranty for exhaust.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 08:18 AM
Pocket Mo

Go with the WORKS stealth axle back muffler like I am. It's just a modified stock muffler proven to show slight gains and best of all, it's a stock muffler. No hassles from the dealership with that part.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by andysoo8284
Go with the WORKS stealth axle back muffler like I am. It's just a modified stock muffler proven to show slight gains and best of all, it's a stock muffler. No hassles from the dealership with that part.

ya for sure..im definatly going to go that route...

but would there be any advantage as to running this muffler over the stealth? http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...roducts_id=188

..or is the only difference just sound and looks? i like the stealth, just kinda wanted something with a lil better sound than stock
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got a flowmaster muffler put on. It sounds pretty nice. Sounds nice and deep. Any aftermarket muffler is better than stock.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jakermeister
I just got a flowmaster muffler put on. It sounds pretty nice. Sounds nice and deep. Any aftermarket muffler is better than stock.
haha u have a flowmaster on your lancer? dose it sound like a truck now?? haha jk

back to topic ,, well that works Muffler looks interesting . but if i were u, i would go with a XS Power TBE full 3" Turbo Back exhaust with cat-delete , its a ebay brand , but some of the guys on the board have this exhaust and love it. The suprising thing is that this tbe is only 300$ so lets see. works mufller 200$or a full 3in TBE for 300$ id say get a xs tbe ,, but then again, u do live in socal so hmm now thats a tuffy

heres the thread about the xs tbe
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=223664
Old Oct 4, 2006, 06:50 PM

i bit the bullet and just went with the HKS hi-power 3" cat back from lancershop.com...i was doing some research about different exhausts and this one seems to have everything im looking for in power and sound

I guess if it really comes down to it where i have some real serious issues that the dealership needs to look at i can swap out the exhaust with stock which should only take like 30 mins, thats if my local dealer isnt a mod friendly dealer

Hopefully it comes fast and i can instal itand get pics and some video/sound clips
Old Oct 4, 2006, 07:24 PM
Pocket Mo

Luckily a local dealership up here is an official vendor of WORKS and I'll be taking my car there to get any warranty fixes done. I'll have WORKS parts on my car so it shouldn't be a problem at that dealership. It just depends on the dealership you take your car to. Some can be cool and some may be dicks. I've yet to run into a dealership with an exhaust voiding your warranty but I can only speak about dealerships in Washington and some Acura dealerships in So Cal.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 07:31 PM

Buy a TBE and keep the stock one to put it on if you have to take the car to the dealer.

dealers
Old Oct 4, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

i'm pretty sure Buschur's catback can bolt on to the stock cat...correct me if i'm wrong.

a catback only will not yield much gains though, if any.

Quick Reply: Trying to buy aftermarket exhaust..have some questions