Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My MR leaks...BAD!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What ever happen/is wrong

i hope u get it worked out!

i feel for you!!
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
isht happens...

What is isht? Im sorry, but a person doesnt just notice a bunch of water after driving for awhile. You would notice it RIGHT away. This guy is a joke. Period. If im wrong, i want pics.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:10 PM

Sounds fishy. I would want a new car if what you are sayin is true.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rguy
Im having a very hard time believing your car just developed some huge hole in it that allows that much rain in. Cars dont just develop holes in two months....
I had a brand new Civic a while back that had a nasty leak right after I bought it. The carpet was ruined. It turns out that the trunk seal was defective. It does happen.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would be pissed if my 35K car leaked....even if it was a small amount......that sucks dude.....and the seats dont really take well to water either...yikes!
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

take it back to the dealer and say "i want a new car"
Old Oct 10, 2006, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rguy
What is isht? Im sorry, but a person doesnt just notice a bunch of water after driving for awhile. You would notice it RIGHT away. This guy is a joke. Period. If im wrong, i want pics.
you're coming off as an ahole

... isht is an anagram ...rearrange the letters to formulate a common phrase "isht happens"

i've seen this "isht" happen b4...so relax
Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

The service manager @ my local dealership told me to quit complaining and he was tired of hearing my "complaining" and the other local dealer told me to claim it on my insurance as flood damage. WTF!!?? The seats didn't get wet, just the floorboards the firewall behind the glove box. They did however tell me that they had 1 other EVO come in with a clogged A/c line that backed up into the heat/ac unit then dumped all inside the car.....which is the way i'm leaning. I have pics, but need to save them somewhere so I can post them up here. Basically, even if it is a clogged a/c line the dealers (both) said it's not covered by warranty, so I'm just gonna have to replace the wool backing/steam clean the carpet to get the f*kin smell out and put it all back together.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Psquared
Basically, even if it is a clogged a/c line the dealers (both) said it's not covered by warranty

WHAT?!?! I would be calling corp. about this.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, BOTH denied warranty covering anything. It's obvious the water got in somehow in large quantity, fast....like dumping out of an ac unit. I definately planned on calling someone about this bunch of BS believe me.....in the meantime, I used a handy how to and got a pic of the psgr side rear. Now keep in mind this is the water left AFTER I drained it outta the rubber grommet in the front. I hadn't yet drained this, so I could get a good pic for those non believers. Speaking of which...anyone have a number that I can call, to inform them how WELL (insert major sarcasm) their dealerships are representing their goods.....ha here goes....

[img]https://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4589/img1228fd3.jpg[img]
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:12 AM

That sucks, especially on a new car. Did you see this thread?

Another leak thread
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

They told you to STOP complaining and he is "sick" of hearing you complain???? I would have started yelling at that SOB and told him exactly where he stood. A customer comes in with a valid complaint and thats the response you get?? Whatever happend to the customer is always right? Call corp as soon as possible and use your pics as proof. Maybe an email addy or something from the mitsu site has the info your looking for. That is unacceptable in my opinion. Good luck bro

Josh
Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that man, take care of it. Is their anyway you left a window open? You have the MR so you dont have a sunroof, but it could likely be a door wasn't closed/window open/ AC unit is leaking/clogged... Just gotta go trial and error.

Personally, i hate trying to fix things that arent my fault, id take it to the dealer in a heartbeat and demand a whole new set of seats and carpet+anything else that the water even touched. And beleive me, id get it

TJ
Old Oct 11, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ziggy_juju
They told you to STOP complaining and he is "sick" of hearing you complain???? I would have started yelling at that SOB and told him exactly where he stood. A customer comes in with a valid complaint and thats the response you get?? Whatever happend to the customer is always right? Call corp as soon as possible and use your pics as proof. Maybe an email addy or something from the mitsu site has the info your looking for. That is unacceptable in my opinion. Good luck bro

Josh
Old Oct 11, 2006, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I almost lost it when he said he was sick of my complaining....I just left it at that b/c I DO have a VERY short temper, and just had to leave. No windows were open b/c I had just got my tint done, and they were up for sure. (I still can't open them) Anyhow, One of the older guys I work with recommended writing a formal letter to Corp. and send it certified mail with a sig. required, then they HAVE to acknowledge receipt, and have to take some sort of action since it's "documented". I even took a small video clip with my camera when I was taking the carpet out and the water just dumping outta it. I have the carpet in my 2nd bedroom drying out right now.

Quick Reply: My MR leaks...BAD!!!!!!