Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My MR leaks...BAD!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My MR leaks...BAD!!!!!!

What's up all, relatively new here....had my 06 MR for about 2 months now and this is the second kinda serious problem. If you live in North Carolina, you know it has been raining for the past F*king week. To cut to the story, I come out from work to go to lunch, and when pulling out I hear water kinda "running" like it was coming off the roof of the car and down the back window. No big deal.....or was it. I pick up lunch and was going to put it on the floorboard of the passenger side and there is like 2" of water!!!!! I don't mean just damp, but a pond of water! I look in the back seat, passenger side and the same thing!!!!! No windows or doors were cracked (just got them tinted) My only logical guess is it came from the heat/ac unit behind the psgr. side dash??!! Anyone else experience this? When I load some pics, i'll post them, I ripped the whole interior out to dry it out. U just can't believe how much water was in there!!!!
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

wow.... i would take it to the dealer....
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that bro. that would suck bad, the smell alone is hard enough to get rid of.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

take it to the dealer told them u want this thing fix, and you want a new carpet and seat's.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
maybe a plug ...had a friend who's evo got flooded ...one side...from a plug/ grommet...
...dealer should take care of it...

baking soda will help get rid of the smell if any...shouldn't be...seeing she's fairly new
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

check the windshield washer hose. that could be your source for the leak. there were some member who had similar problems.

take out the carpet then run the windshield washer and see if it starts to leak. the pump is located in the trunk, so you can trace the hose from there...hope this sheds some light to your situation. good luck.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the quick replies....I already ripped the whole interior out, it smells so damn bad! The fluid was definately just water. No odor or color to it, like I said it was raining like hell, and I had just drivin it, So I don't know if its leaking from up behind the firewall or something, I looked with a flashlight but can't see any visible signs of water coming in.....other that lake EVO on the floor. Baking soda's a damn good idea, thanks for that one!!
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
You or friend get in there and spray water all over and under it your bound to see it coming in somwhere
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:37 PM

sorry to hear about that...hopefully you will be able to fix this with minimal downtime on the evo since its new and all. I would prob take it back to the dealership tho.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

I tried having a friend pour water into all the vents and drains at the base of the windshield, and no water comes inside. None of the rubber grommets in the floor were missing, I'm embarassed to say that's how I drained all the water out!!! LOL.....The car was garaged overnight. Anyone else think it's the A/C drain that possibly backed up (clogged), and collected in the unit then finally dumped all over the place? On a positive note, I drove it around to buy a box fan, and it's a ton of fun to drive gutted out. I just put my drivers seat back in and that's all......I can only imagine a ricers face if I challenge him at a light and he sees only 1 seat and doesn't see any interior.....ha
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

keep it gutted!!!!
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Im having a very hard time believing your car just developed some huge hole in it that allows that much rain in. Cars dont just develop holes in two months....
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Dude i feel so bad about the problem

i get pissed when i get mini scratches on my clear coat of my wing from sand.. i can only imagine what i would do if that happen to me
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:37 PM

Leave it gutted lol
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rguy
Im having a very hard time believing your car just developed some huge hole in it that allows that much rain in. Cars dont just develop holes in two months....
isht happens...

...don't leave it gutted. Unless you're going to the track

Quick Reply: My MR leaks...BAD!!!!!!