Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Exhaust sound--Air ripping-jet takeoff?? (edited)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2006, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ink
Wow, alot of $hit talkers tonight.
This is in no way a stupid question. While working a heat at an autocross event there was an STi with an exhaust with this sound to it. I am simply curious as to what he was running.

I am not a little kid or a fool. I just want to know what the guy was running.

yeah it is a stupid question.... and im a newb... its stupid when u ask a question the same way my 3 year old nephew would ask...
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:00 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 34Turbo
Sti's tend to make that sound you are talking about with full exhaust, intake, and a large turbo. You tend to get a huge amount of spool whistle as I call it...

So is it more to do with the boxer engine, larger turbo, shape of the exhaust or a combo of all of that?
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ink
So is it more to do with the boxer engine, larger turbo, shape of the exhaust or a combo of all of that?

give up
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ink
And maybe you shouldnt be such a jerk.
What Do you Drive, Exactly. And do you Wan't a Blow off sound or a Turbo spooling sound.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ink
I can't answer that for you buddy as I am not qualified in the workings of either engine, but that would be a good assumption. However, I used to have a Sti, and the sounds are totally different.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:06 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
What Do you Drive, Exactly. And do you Wan't a Blow off sound or a Turbo spooling sound.
I drive an IX MR. Im not looking for a blow off sound or a turbo spooling sound. I know what that sounds like. Its a very free flowing exhaust sound that I heard and was curious about. I simply asked what exhaust made this sound.

Last edited by Ink; Oct 14, 2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
eeeeiiiigggghhhhht
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

I'm so glad they took apart the factory in Kurashiki.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

you guys are all weiners, especially the ones that keep replying on this thread with nothing to say but still have to check it every three minutes.

INK heard had a full titanium exhaust and if some of you werent such rice-o-phobics you would know that but everything that makes a noise to you guys is rice.

your scared of loud blowoff valves, intakes intakes, and exhausts.... some people enjoy hearing the power thats under theyre right foot, some just follow the crowd...
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ink
I drive an IX MR. Im not looking for a blow off sound or a turbo spooling sound. I know what that sounds like. Its a very free flowing exhaust sound that I heard.
Ok so you want that like Small whitsle that comes out of the Exhuast from the turbo, like you hear on Desile trucks right. Well you need pretty much straight pipe, but i haven't seen (heard) any evos that make that sound too loud. I do know of like 3 wrx that Make the sound and like 10+ STI that sound like that too. But all have quite a bit of work done, it isn't something an Exhaust alone is going to make.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ink
I drive an IX MR. Im not looking for a blow off sound or a turbo spooling sound. I know what that sounds like. Its a very free flowing exhaust sound that I heard.
If you indeed really do drive an Evo(update your avatar) then follow some of the replys before and get the Greedy Titanium or Buschur exhast both are very throaty and nasty sounding very loud and yes I would compare them to a plane a little.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
If you indeed really do drive an Evo(update your avatar) then follow some of the replys before and get the Greedy Titanium or Buschur exhast both are very throaty and nasty sounding very loud and yes I would compare them to a plane a little.
The Ti isn't all that loud, well ok its loud. But i Prefer the Buschur it Just sounds Realy Sick.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

(Serious) You probably want to get an aftermarket turbo something like a gt35r kit or something. Something that doesnt have that bad elbow that kills your "Jet" sound. or you can put on a silener with an aftermarket turbokit and hit full boost it will def sound like a jet.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Ahh...
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
The Ti isn't all that loud, well ok its loud. But i Prefer the Buschur it Just sounds Realy Sick.
I had the buschur system on my VIII back in the days. My boy runs the Greddy Ti on his VIII and the Ti is definitely louder, at idle or wot. Hell, its simple physics. The frequencies at which the titanium systems resonate are higher...

Quick Reply: Exhaust sound--Air ripping-jet takeoff?? (edited)