Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Exhaust sound--Air ripping-jet takeoff?? (edited)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ink
This forum is to ask questions and find and discuss information so we may all learn from eachother. If you dont have anything constructive to say go crawl back under your rock troll.
you're right...this is the rice forum.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Golovko
you're right...this is the rice forum.
Stop being a dick man. He has a serious question.

You guys are being *******s to him. Let him be
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Passat GLX ^
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
maybe an aftermarket turbo with a huge external wastegate dump would be what you're looking for... search youtube for sti 44mm... not an evo but might give some an idea of what you're looking for if it sounds like what you're looking for.

just trying to help and not hate
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
If you indeed really do drive an Evo(update your avatar) then follow some of the replys before and get the Greedy Titanium or Buschur exhast both are very throaty and nasty sounding very loud and yes I would compare them to a plane a little.

yeah!!! seriously ink, stop having fun right now, make a serious avatar before this guy shoots himself
then, get that greedy exhaust he wants you to study or the buschur that almost drags on the ground and looks funky
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

My friend has a cutout on his IX and I always thought it sounded like a jet. Maybe he was just running open downpipe . . .
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

My friend said that my exhaust made the paper ripping noise...? (1st gen buschur racing) Its really loud to me honestly. I dont like the design of it either (Came with car). But if thats the sound your looking for then get the Buschur or AMS. Mine is basically a straight pipe with a muffler and then a tip. Thats all it is
Old Oct 15, 2006, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

Well after this poor guy got the CRAP kicked out of him for asking a question...NOW IT'S MY TURN...to be NICE TO THE NEWBIE!! For starters...the only stupid question IS THE ONE THAT DOES NOT GET ASKED!! Secondly, don't bash on the guy, offer him help, OR SHUT THE F*#@ up! Read some other thread... NOW....for input on his question, I bought a 3 in. Espelier DP, and have 3 in. pipe straight back, with a run-of-the-mill Magnaflow 3 in muffler witha 4 in tip. I have deleated the cat as well.. at WOT the car sounds like its shredding paper (or even phonebooks). IMO it sounds bad, but it is almost ZERO restriction next to straight pipe all together.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:38 AM

I want my car to sound like a Chooo Chooo Train. DO you guys know how I can get that?
Old Oct 15, 2006, 07:15 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by MiamiEvo8
I want my car to sound like a Chooo Chooo Train. DO you guys know how I can get that?
Please do not let the rude people in this thread set the tone for you. They are a very poor example of this community. Generally the first reply in a thread sets the tone and this one is an example of why many people will not ask a question.

To the "rude" posters. Why don't you take a hike to another forum? Perhaps a chat room or a Honda forum where your technical prowess and maturity fits right in? We do not need you here. Thanks.

Speedlimit....
Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:48 AM

i just installed the hks hi-power on my car, a few days ago.. man it sounds awsome, its super deep..totally oposite from any ricer exhaust, and its not super loud...theres a pic of it on my cardomain on my sig

if the sun comes out and it doesnt rain today i'll get a video clip of it
Old Oct 15, 2006, 09:10 AM
Ink
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fricci4993
Well after this poor guy got the CRAP kicked out of him for asking a question...NOW IT'S MY TURN...to be NICE TO THE NEWBIE!! For starters...the only stupid question IS THE ONE THAT DOES NOT GET ASKED!! Secondly, don't bash on the guy, offer him help, OR SHUT THE F*#@ up! Read some other thread... NOW....for input on his question, I bought a 3 in. Espelier DP, and have 3 in. pipe straight back, with a run-of-the-mill Magnaflow 3 in muffler witha 4 in tip. I have deleated the cat as well.. at WOT the car sounds like its shredding paper (or even phonebooks). IMO it sounds bad, but it is almost ZERO restriction next to straight pipe all together.
tripperfx3 My friend said that my exhaust made the paper ripping noise...? (1st gen buschur racing) Its really loud to me honestly. I dont like the design of it either (Came with car). But if thats the sound your looking for then get the Buschur or AMS. Mine is basically a straight pipe with a muffler and then a tip. Thats all it is
Thanks thats what I wanted to know. I probably should have worded my first question a bit more clearly, and it was a bit late, but some people on here make it nearly impossible to ask a question. Thank God not everyone here is like this. I assumed it was a free flowing exhaust but I was not sure not having heard a titanium exhaust in person before if the titanium would effect the tone that much. While by your answers it seems that the "shredding paper" sound that I heard is 100% related to the flow. Thanks again.
P.S. The mods should relable this thread "How many $hit talkers does it take to answer a simple question?"