Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Pls give input, help me make a decision, salary concerns/waiting for evo x concerns..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pls give input, help me make a decision, salary concerns/waiting for evo x concerns..

Would I be a fool to purchase a brand new evo while only making $45,000 a year?

What salaries do you guys have, who have bought brand new 06 evos?

I hear the evo X could be released by spring 07! Think its worth waiting for?

Please help me mull through these highly debatable thoughts/concerns!
Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The issue here is not what you make but what other bills you have. You have to balance out the income vs the expenses then you can work with that figure.

You can buy a Evo with $45000 salary no problem but do you have 5 kids, pay child support, live in a $2000 rent in a house in San Francisco bay area and pay $300 moth insurance? or
You are single, live with your parents, have no bills and no kids?..you see where I am coming from?

It is very subjective. Spit the beams and let us know a bit more.

Carlos
Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Not a fool, but it depends on what other finacial commitments you currently have. I make a slight bit more than that, but I have very few other things to pay for. (single, no kids, etc) The X will most likely be released by spring 08 (they say earlier, but there are always delays).

Is it worth the wait? Many on this site will lead you to believe it isnt, but I think you would have to be a fool to say a car isnt worth it when no one has seen, driven, or tuned one yet. Like I tell people that say the car is going to be crap, just wait until its officially released and trumps the current Evo, then everyone will want one. People on this site complained when the Viii was about to be released too. When it came out, the complaining stopped. Odd...
Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

The Evo X supposes to be better than the Evo 9, the thing is that everyone is very conservative and have their reservations because no one knows how good or bad the newer Evo X is going to be compared to the exiting sthellar Evo 9 engine.

We know that the Evo X AWD will be state of the art but people wish to know if the newer engine will step up to the plate.

It is a 2 year commitment, either you wait or buy a used Evo for now.

Carlos
Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

its all about your debt to income ratio, if you can't control what you spend you could make $100k+ a year and still not be able to afford a $30k car.

with that being said there is no way in hell I would post my salary on a public board, but I sure as hell like reading about everyone elses
Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

^^^I agree.. that is my short version..

Carlos
Old Dec 1, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can totally afford a EVO 9 on 45K a year. That is not bad there are alot of people who don't make that much. I make 48K a year can with all of my bills a pay out 2300 a month. If you are nervious about it just get a used EVO.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 08:17 PM

I am open about posting my salary on a public board because I am anonymous.

I am single, rent for only 500/month, and have student loans of only 250/month. Other than that I have no bills or financial obligations. I can however expect my rent to increase to around 700-800/month next year though.

I would not ever ever buy a used evo because I can actually fly down to Southcoast Mitsubishi and buy a brand new one than for cheaper than buying a used 05-06 up here in Washington. And there are hardly any older ones for sale at a given time anyways.

So if it is believed that spring of 08 is the most likely release date for the X, then I might just go ahead and buy a IX. I could wait 6 months but I don't know if I can wait 18 months...
Old Dec 1, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

i think most people (including myself) are wanting to see what this new engine is capable of since its totally new to the evo. plus myself hate the new body style of the evo thats what pushed me more to get a ix.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
The Evo X supposes to be better than the Evo 9, the thing is that everyone is very conservative and have their reservations because no one knows how good or bad the newer Evo X is going to be compared to the exiting sthellar Evo 9 engine.

We know that the Evo X AWD will be state of the art but people wish to know if the newer engine will step up to the plate.

Carlos
Conservative? I dont think the comments "the X will suck", "the X will be terrible", or "the IX is much better than the X" are conserative. Look at the X threads, people are over-reacting.

I agree with the questions and mystery involved with the X, but all I ever preach is "wait until its out." Time will tell...
Old Dec 1, 2006, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by filter
plus myself hate the new body style of the evo thats what pushed me more to get a ix.

I refuse to make any conclusions on the styling of a car almost no one has seen in production form. Ill wait until Detroit when a close to production prototype is unveiled before I even start making an opinion.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 08:38 PM

if you don't want to wait for the X and you think you might want an VIII, i have one up for sale and i am in the area, pm me and let me know.