Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Best seats?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best seats?

Im going to be buying an evo soon and have found alot of 03's that i like/ are in my price range and i love the car but the only thing i havent really enjoyed is the seats. Ive asked and am pretty sure its true just want to double check but do the ssl seats and the ix seats fit fine in a 03? i would assume they would. Also my second question is what are everyones favorite seats. The ssl leather seats or the ix seats? are the ix seats suede so they are ruined if they get wet or does it just look suede? thanks in advance. Also if anyone has sold their ssl seats or ix seats how much do you think it would cost to buy both front seats as well as the rear seat for both, and how much i could get for some 03 seats. thanks everyone.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

any thoughts?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 08:10 PM

good luck. there are some people out selling their IX seats out of their cars, just keep looking around. i personally find the IX seats to look better and they should fit just fine but don't take my word for it and as to how much to ship to you and sell your for i definately can't help you there, sorry.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nashmage
Im going to be buying an evo soon and have found alot of 03's that i like/ are in my price range and i love the car but the only thing i havent really enjoyed is the seats. Ive asked and am pretty sure its true just want to double check but do the ssl seats and the ix seats fit fine in a 03? i would assume they would. Also my second question is what are everyones favorite seats. The ssl leather seats or the ix seats? are the ix seats suede so they are ruined if they get wet or does it just look suede? thanks in advance. Also if anyone has sold their ssl seats or ix seats how much do you think it would cost to buy both front seats as well as the rear seat for both, and how much i could get for some 03 seats. thanks everyone.
doubt anyone would trade for 03 seats
buy some 9 seats from someone then ebay urs
Old Dec 3, 2006, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

The IX seats are part leather and part alcantara. The alcantara looks and feels like suede but no, it wont get ruined from getting wet. Its the same material that is on the outsides of the evo VIII seats.

I liked my VIII seats just as much as my IX seats as far as feel but I like the look of my IX seats better.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

thats perfect then the only thing i was worried about most was if the ix seats would get ruined if wet, i know i of course couldnt get the seats for a trade i meant trade + cash. Im going to look around to try and find the seats. thanks guys
Old Dec 4, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

The stock evo seats have good back and side support but the thigh bolsters aren't so good. The EDM/JDM evo seats have much better thigh support. IMO if you want maximum grip go for Recaro or Sparco fixed back seats that are FIA approved if you ever want to track your car competitively. The JDM seats like Bride are nice but I don't know if they're FIA certified.