Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hey Hey!!!! ME ME!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2002, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hey Hey!!!! ME ME!!!

Hi!! I'm a newbie!! And you should all help me!!! Let's see...I'm going to tell you my sad newbie story and then you all can tell me what to do! Not even a year ago...it'll be one year ago on st.patrick's day my mom bought me a 1994 Ford Probe GT for my first car! Well uh, it's CRAP! The transmission is gone, I had to put new brakes, new tires on it, and the whole exhaust system is shot! So yesterday, my parents and I decided to go look at new cars, and my mom says "let's go check out the mitsubishi dealer" and I'm like "okay" so we go and look, and she's lookin at Eclipses, and Mirages...and I took one look at the Lancer and fell in love with it! My parents both test drove it, and I didn't get to ! But they both loved driving it! It's a diamond pearl white 2002 Lancer OZ!!!! It's gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Well you see, my parents are paying for the car, so they're like "we should just get a elantra or something that we can get new for about 10,000, instead of the lancer for 16,000!" but umm...I'm in love with the Lancer! I seriously, drove like 20 minutes out of my way last night just so my boyfriend could see it! (not to mention last night I had to go soccer mom style and drive my parents mini van!) And I really don't know too much about Lancers...that's where you guys get to help me! My mom wants to know like all about cars and everything so you all should tell me good things about them Because I definitely don't want an elantra, and I'm in love w/ the Lancer! Help this newbie out! <~ me when I saw the Lancer...hehe! Bye Guys!
Old Mar 9, 2002, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Claudius
Tell your mother you want a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 (if that's too long to pronounce, say "Evo 7") and that Evolution Imports sell them. (Ad on the main page). It's only 280 bhp, but you can easily tune it to 350 like I and others have done. It has AWD and airbags, so it's safe. Plus your daddy will like the looks of it.
Stop trying to corrupt her Claudius

pretty much all of the basic stuff that you'd wanna know about the OZ can be seen at http://www.mitsubishimotors.com

if you need to know more just shout at us and let us know what other kinds of stuff that you wanna know and we'll answer what we can! :headbng2:

Hooby
Old Mar 9, 2002, 10:52 PM

Haha, thanks kids! This girl just wants a car now... I love Lancers though, I have to have one! It just really sucks, I've always had a car since I started driving, and now I don't So it's definetly no good at all! My parents are just...grr! LOL! Hopefully within the month I'll have my Lancer!!!
Old Mar 9, 2002, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck!!! :headbng2:
Old Mar 9, 2002, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

right...get an evolution lancer when ur parents wont even get a normal lancer cuz its too much. well neways what id do if i was u is get a job...have your parents put down that 10grand as a fat downpayment...and then u pay the monthly bill which would be so low you wouldnt have any problem handling it. you could work at mcdonalds and still make enough with money leftover.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 11:19 PM

:-)

Thanks Evo...good idea, I have a job now...! And I want to work more it's just hard because I don't have a damn car to get there hehe, ill figure it out! you all rock!!!!!
Old Mar 10, 2002, 01:38 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Make your parents watch the Lancer commercials on TV. That will make 'em wanna buy it for you.
Old Mar 10, 2002, 01:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by VroomGirl
Haha, thanks kids! This girl just wants a car now... I love Lancers though, I have to have one! It just really sucks, I've always had a car since I started driving, and now I don't So it's definetly no good at all! My parents are just...grr! LOL! Hopefully within the month I'll have my Lancer!!!
i always hate to be the one to criticize but VroomGirl you had a POS Ford probe that broke down and just lke you said the first thing you did next was go down to the Mitsu dealer and fell in love with the lancer

Well, I guess it's not as bad as going down to a Daewoo dealer ....

(If I were you I'd get the Toyota Matrix; but then again that's my opinion for a car for the same $$ as lancer; you get more power, looks, and it corners much better!)
Old Mar 10, 2002, 03:37 AM
Evolved Member

get a subaru 2.5rs...it has power, great handling, and awd for almost the same price
Old Mar 10, 2002, 04:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Make your parents watch the Lancer commercials on TV. That will make 'em wanna buy it for you.
That'll make em want to shoot you. DAMN THOSE COMMERCIALS!

i always hate to be the one to criticize but VroomGirl you had a POS Ford probe that broke down and just lke you said the first thing you did next was go down to the Mitsu dealer and fell in love with the lancer
You love to criticize.

Regarless...If your parents are shelling out the cash...enjoy your new Elantra Seriously though, what Evo Penguin suggested sounded like a reasonable solution if you ask me. Lancers are fun to drive, but don't expect much power. Assuming your dealer will let you, I highly suggest test driving ANY car before you buy it. You may also consider looking into the LS or ES at significantly lower prices and with not much less in the way of features (they're all practically the same cars anyway). Oh, and welcome to the forums.
Old Mar 10, 2002, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Seriously, even though I'm paying for my ES all by my lonesome, it's a great car. Since I'm replacing wheels and a whole smattering of other things, the OZ didn't attract me. Heck...I'm gonna replace the floor mats to with MOMO ones (What can I say, I like 'em). So yeah, even the ES is a great buy. Welcome to the boards to by the way!
Old Mar 10, 2002, 04:31 AM
Evolved Member

actually the elantra gt is a lot more car for the money
more power and better handling than a lancer
plus it kinda looks like a mini saab 9-3
Old Mar 10, 2002, 04:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Looking like a Saab isn't necessarily a good thing...especially not in my opinion. If she's got her heart set on the Lancer and money is a serious issue I just think the ES and a close to base LS would be better options than an OZ.

Quick Reply: Hey Hey!!!! ME ME!!!