Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Racial Profiling

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You brought up a VERY good point. Cops are usually more dickish in small towns than in big cities because cops in big cities have real jobs to do and real crime to fight. They actually get shot at and stuff unlike part time ****** who get boners over busting some underage kids for drinking a few Natty Ices.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

whiteevo9 im a cop too and have a red IX. first thing i did was take the wing off. sure i have exhaust thats minorly loud but i agree, jagoffs get tickets. not blacks, not whites, not import drivers, not mexicans, but jags. like you said if people drive like idiots or act like idiots when you talk to them, they get a ticket, and they get pulled over next time i see their car. if you are cool, you will most likely get a break, unless you do something worthy of the short bus.

im more of a dope guy, i dont do a horrible amount of traffic, but id say of 100 stops i make, 80 get warnings and 20 get tickets. out of that 20 id say probably 10 did something that was retarded and deserved a ticket and 10 acted like jerks or wanted to argue. the easiest way to get a break is to have all your stuff handy (insurance and license, we dont check reg in IL, its right on the back of the car!!) and act cool. be courteous and most of all BE HONEST. if they ask you "do you know why im stopping you" and you know, be honest and say it. if you did something stupid, own up, apologize, and you may very well get a break. cops arent out to jam people up. id much rather be out getting dope runners and people who rob old ladies and stores, but there is a job to be done on all fronts, including traffic.

whiteevo brought up a good point. when im at work I ALWAYS GET THE LAST WORD. dont argue, cuz i will win. dont try smart comebacks, cuz i have more/better. and for christs sake, after you get a ticket, dont say have a nice day to me like a smart *** when im walking away cuz ill walk back up there and give you 3 more.

Last edited by evilution8; Jan 5, 2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Being Asian spells out Ricer on my forehead.

At least that seems to be the case for the cops.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo9
I am a police officer and I drive an Evo 9, kind of ironic. I love import cars, but I do have a job to do. I try to stay away from import cars, but sometimes the drivers do such stupid things that I HAVE to pull them over. My advice to everyone who owns an import are some of the things others have already suggested. Evo insurance is expensive enough, so I recommend that you do the speed limit, that should severely limit speeding tickets. Also:

1. Dont carry drugs or contraband in the car.
2. Have all paper work/insurance/tags/license etc. up to date.
3. Keep an eye on your headlights and tailights, this is an easy stop for police.
4. Don't do anything that draws more attention to you then that wing already does......weaving through traffic, extra loud exhausts, stupid neon lights, stickers..etc.
5. If you hang around the street races....expect to be stopped.
6. Window tint is bad. It makes your vehicle look shady.

Most of the police I know are too busy to really worry about you unless you are really doing something stupid. I work in a big city where armed robberies are a constant and people are doing serious things.....most of us could care less about your muffler. I find that most of the guys I know are good people and not dicks...but there are the exceptions. I don't stop cars to give them a ticket unless you are doing something out of the ordinary.....however I do use the little tiny things on cars to stop them if I think they are up to something else. Most of us are not against you, and most don't care about street racers....but when we get a call, show up, and then people act like dicks.......we do to, and we get the final word. If you get pulled over, just be nice, and you have a much better chance of not getting a ticket.....then again, don't complain if the officer has a legitimate excuse, it's his job.
Hey appreciate the advice. But the cop that gave me the spoiler ticket was a dick and i was too scared to give him attitude. It was the day I got the car. Im not sh*tting u. I drove away from the bank , got on the freeway. was driving 65 and got pulled over. Wasnt being stupid or anything. Out here in Cali I think street racers are more hated than murderers. Come on. I cant even TRY to register my skyline here. Im forced to sell it. If i had known i wouldnt have wasted the $$$. Most of us out here have wised up and stopped doing dumb stuff. Now some cops mess w/ us just because. I met one cool one tho. Ironically after meeting me he bought an evo. =)
Old Jan 5, 2007, 03:30 PM
Account Disabled

Yes...all the time man.Fkn *** cops have nothin better to do then to stare you down because they know your **** is fast.!! And yes racial profiling goes down everyday...Every one of those ******s are crooked..talkin bout i pulled you over for this and that..yea right...you jus dont wanna pull me over because you see a latin male driving some sht you cant afford..so a big fk you goes out to all the popo that hate to see anyone other than WHITE drive a hot car..
Old Jan 5, 2007, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by vito1
Yes...all the time man.Fkn *** cops have nothin better to do then to stare you down because they know your **** is fast.!! And yes racial profiling goes down everyday...Every one of those ******s are crooked..talkin bout i pulled you over for this and that..yea right...you jus dont wanna pull me over because you see a latin male driving some sht you cant afford..so a big fk you goes out to all the popo that hate to see anyone other than WHITE drive a hot car..
I dont think its all cops. The one cool cop i met pulled me over and asked me how fast she was. I told him, "65" he says yea right no really. I tell him i got up to 101 at the track. He says he wanted one but couldnt decide between it and the STI so I let him test drive it. a week later he had one. LOL.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

wow such an intelligent and well written response by vito. as for cops being jealous about cars they cant afford???? contrary to popular belief police, at least in my area, are fairly well paid. sure they dont make 200K a year, but how many people do??? also, we reach our top pay very quickly. the top pay in my dept is reached after only 5 years and its just under 80K a year. about 78 to be exact. an overtime ***** can make almost 20K overtime. i not a huge overtime *****, so i get some here and there, court, etc. i make on average about 10-11 a year. so after working where i work for only 5 years i can make 90K a year. thats just for patrol, not incuding sgt, commander, lieutenant, etc.

plus if youre a cop, you love the job. you could get paid 30K a year and it wouldnt matter. how many people on this board can say honestly they have never ever woke up and said "ah **** i have to get up and go to work." i have never said that. every day is different, every day bring new challenges, and new people to meet/help. wouldnt trade it for the world, its an unbelievable feeling to know that just by going to work, you have made a difference in someones life by helping them, or getting someone off the street who doesnt need to be out there. on top of that, i get that feeling every time im at work, for 90K a year. not bad eh vito1???

Last edited by evilution8; Jan 5, 2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 03:45 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evilution8
wow such an intelligent and well written response by vito. as for cops being jealous about cars they cant afford???? contrary to popular belief police, at least in my area, are fairly well paid. sure they dont make 200K a year, but how many people do??? also, we reach our top pay very quickly. the top pay in my dept is reached after only 5 years and its just under 80K a year. about 78 to be exact. an overtime ***** can make almost 20K overtime. i not a huge overtime *****, so i get some here and there, court, etc. i make on average about 10-11 a year. so after working where i work for only 5 years i can make 90K a year. thats just for patrol, not incuding sgt, commander, lieutenant, etc.

plus if youre a cop, you love the job. you could get paid 30K a year and it wouldnt matter. how many people on this board can say honestly they have never ever woke up and said "ah **** i have to get up and go to work." i have never said that. every day is different, every day bring new challenges, and new people to meet/help. wouldnt trade it for the world, its an unbelievable feeling to know that just by going to work, you have made a difference in someones life by helping them, or getting someone off the street who doesnt need to be out there. on top of that, i get that feeling every time im at work, for 90K a year. not bad eh vito1???
you couldnt pay me enough to work for any police dept.!! especially comming where i come from.!!!
Old Jan 5, 2007, 03:48 PM

I wouldnt mind being a cop. Figure maybe i could change the way they treat people like me. First off being black. 2nd off bein an import lover/street race lover. I figure if i were a cop i'd act different than they act w/ me. but supercar drivers (there are alot out here) WATCH OUT. Id pull every single one over. (just to check out the car)