Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

2006 WRX STI or 2006 EVO help help help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can't honestly believe this is the first time this same question has been asked...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=STI+Evo

Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steele8645
why the f*ck is everybody being a smart*ss, i really dont know about this cars and came to this site to get some f*cking info on which one would be better !
sorry bud. Anyways I wud "HIGHLY" reccommend that u test drive both then u wont need anybudy to tell u which 1 is better.

I hadnt test drove an STi when or before i bought an EVO but had the chance to test drive 1 3 days ago n that thing SUX donkey *****. Feels like u r sitting in a f**king corolla.

IMO the only thing the STi has is a 2.5L; brembo brakes n thats it. thas the only 2 things i like from the STi.

N the bad things---- less traction even off of the launch;tiny intercooler; ****ty airflow 4 the Intake(not straight n smooth); 2 cats. n the list goes on

EVO
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:22 PM

wtf are you talking about

you make no sense !
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Arithmetic
EDIT: Since you think were being a smartass, you're just not being smart enough. To be 26 and a loan officer for a mortgage company, I guess the only skill required is 'breathing'?
Funniest thing I've read in a long time...
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:25 PM

no i dont believe but then again i am not some punk teenager who wants to go fast i want a good investment on my car and i want to know that i bought the right car, it seems like the evo would be it !
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow I think this thread is definitley making us Evo owners seem like "smartasses", but I think the reality of it is that if you have been on the forum long enough you will come to know a few things:

1. Posting a thread without searching leads to flaming if it is a common thread subject (Evo vs. STi for example)

2. Posting a thread without searching may lead to a Warrtalon comment (Simon Cowell of the Evo world) He may sound harsh but he knows what he is talking about.

3. If someone asks you which car you would prefer, most likely the answer will be...an EVO!

And my opinion? I would say get an Evo
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bhamEVOguy
IMO the only thing the STi has is a 2.5L; brembo brakes n thats it. thas the only 2 things i like from the STi.

EVO
EVOS got brembo brakes too
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steele8645
why the f*ck is everybody being a smart*ss, i really dont know about this cars and came to this site to get some f*cking info on which one would be better !
Don't take it personal man, it's a tough crown on here. This question gets asked every other day so i'm sure many people are sick of hearing it.

However...

You have to ask yourself a few questions on what type of car you want. As much as they are similar they are very different as well. I own an EVO and my brother owns a STI.

The STI is a bit more user friendly if i can even say that. It has a bit more torque (2.5L vs 2.0L on the evo) and is "watered" down when it comes to hardcore all around performance. The seats are a big wider so if you are a bigger guy you might like that more. It comes with a 6 speed vs a standard 5 on the Evo unless you go to the more expensive MR model. There are plenty of go fast parts for the STI but it's easier to reach a limit where you can't go far without A LOT of money.

The EVO on the other hand is a bit harder i think. Harder suspension, sharper handling, a bit of turbo lag (but if you don't like that don't buy turbo...gives it character), the seats hug you like your grandma you haven't seen in 10 years and the smile it puts on your face is priceless on a daily basis.

Some other points...Mitsu has better warranty vs the SUbaru.
Although if you are hard into modding some Mitsu dealers will give you a headache and a half; again this all depends on the dealer you find. CA i belive has a sweet dealer base that are very mod friendly.

Conclusion: both cars will get you some serious power, handling and fun. The EVO is more raw and in your face while the STi is a bit more gentle for us late 20s somethings that want a bit of comfort; although i settled (im 26 as well) for the wooden rollercoaster that's a bit creaky, shaky but it just scares the **** out of everyone. The STI is the new shiny metal coaster that is fun the first few times then you get used to it and it ain't a thrill anymore.

To draw another analogy...take two women. One really hot one who will fu** you once. Then you have a good looking one that will suck your **** and F*** your brains out whenever you want.

You PICK!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Choosing an Evo over an Sti is Saying I like winterfresh instead of spearmint. They are practicaly the same. Each has its own Pros and Cons. Both warranties suck. And Subaru makes you buy the Ash tray. So You just have to choose for yourself. The STI feels faster than the Evo. The Evo Is slightly Faster but its negligible. STI has a better interior. Evo is easier to work on. STI is a H4. Evo is Inline 4. One is 2.5 the other 2.0. Both are Turbo. When it comes down too it its all up to your preference.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Sorry about the guys here. Sometimes they like to pile on.

Actually, you'd have a hard time going wrong buying either car. We are very lucky to be able to sample right from the showroom what a rally car is all about. I own both an Evo and a WRX and never tire of driving either - well my back doesn't like extended trips in the WRX seats too much.

Anyway, here is a thread were they are discussing your very question.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=245471
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

I have owned my Evo for about 7 months now and I have only recently started to post. All of the vast knowledge I have gained about the car has simply come from searching and viewing threads and posts. I think everyone is just thinking that you would have searched prior to posting, that's all.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8URV8
EVOS got brembo brakes too
yes but evo's got a lot of other things to go along the brembo brakes but the STi doesnt.

Jus my 02.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:34 PM

thank you spikedlee, this is something that i did not know had i known this i would have done this but i just wanted a straight answer to begin with and if the problem was researching then thats all anyone had to say to begin with. i went to look at the sti yesterday and a i didnt see 30 grand. but i did have a guy showing off for her girl friend and play with me in his evo the other which is why i first looked at even getting a evo !
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
STI has a better interior.

i 10000% disagree sti's interior sux. the seats annoyed the hell outta me. Not enough leg room and wutnot.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:39 PM

how tall are you i am 6 ft, and that sounds like that might be a problem if there is no leg room!

Quick Reply: 2006 WRX STI or 2006 EVO help help help!!!!!!