Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

greddy evo 2 or rrm exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2007, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greddy evo 2 or rrm exhaust

im lookin to put an exhaust system in and was wondering wether the greddy evo 2 or the rrm exhuast is better or if there are other options. also if anyone has the sites where i can buy them at and the prices.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Search can be ur friend . Anyway both are around the same prices which is $450 for the RRM and the Greddy mite be around $500 ( not too sure). The gains are jus about the same. There are sound clips if you search. Best of luck, i went with the RRM ( and it really lets the car breathe and pull quicker)
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would go with the rrm exhaust because ive heard that the greddy exhaust isnt a direct fit(i think).
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Go RRM. No custom work needed, just bolt it up and it sounds great.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

does axle backs/mufflers make no difference to performance??? esp if you dont have turbo???
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

I would say go with RRM rather than Evo 2 since:
1. Greddy is not a bolt on.. you need a shop to custom fit it as with RRM it is a direct fit.
2. For $$$.. RRM > GE2. RRM is cheaper to buy
3. RRM exhuast system will not burn your rear bumper as with GE2 you have a chance of melting the bumper

But overall do what you wish... for RRMs site

and as for byc.. axleback will basicly make no power.. its there to make the RA sound awesome! -lol- if your lucky like 1/2 maybe 1 HP
Old Feb 9, 2007, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Greddy Evo 2.

The reason why I dont like the RRM is because its a magnaflow product, and they sound really raspy, loud, burbles on the 4G69 motor (w/ a downpipe it's worse). Before anybody thinks I have a beef with RRM, that is not the case, Rob, brian and the rest of the guys are class acts and I know them personally, I just don't like the way the magnaflow sounds on the 4G69, almost honda like. The Evo2 sounds sooo sweet on the 4G69, its like butter. You pay for the quality and name when it comes to the Evo2 or any Greddy Exhaust for that matter and also its JdM y0,

At low rpms it has a very distinct G35 sound, yes it's true. Ask anybody who been in my car, they will tell you.

The only problem is, its not a direct fit, so the shop is gonna have to do some custom work, but its not as bad as some might think (atleast my shop didnt have much problem). Only problem they really had was having it angle to right side for me because the exhaust is freaking HUGE! Im very please with the way it looks and even sounds.

I have a video of mine in my sig (let it load first), check it out...
Old Feb 10, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

^ Not fully agree but somewhat agree, see I have the RRM Axle-Back which I think sounds exactly like the RRM Cat-Back. To me it sounds very nice, no raspy noise unless you have a cold start then it doesn't sound so beautiful. It has a very very deep tone to eat and it's not as loud,(well mine is because I have the INJEN CAI!! which sounds awesome).

Well now for the Greddy EVO 2. It always had a good name, which thats why the price is a little more expensive but not by much, you are actually paying for the name . But, it does sound good. Not as loud as the RRM but not as deep either. It kind of has the growl noise, the European sound.

If I was you and you are not looking for power and just for sound, i'll tell you to get the RRM Axle-Back. BUENO!!. Plus, the RRM Catback gives you like what? 5 horses more than a axle-back (unless you got with headers+dp)
Old Feb 10, 2007, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Soon, I'm going to take some photos of the RA and my friends Rsx-S and my bros Altima SE-R, while they are taking pics I'm going to do a little drive by and rev and trust I am going to WOOT!! so you can really hear it.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
umm. i dont have either of them, i have a custom 2.5 inch pipe. BUT if i were you, i would go with RRM. Greddy im sure has great products, but they make them for every application, throw stuff together, just to make money. Its mass produced. RRM makes parts for the lancer. They are the lancer experts of the world. They know what works, and what doesnt. i would go with them.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:50 AM

thanks for the input, i found a clip of the rrm exhaust and i like the sound of it, but to anyone that has this exhaust installed, what are the gains in hp and torque and are they really noticable?

Last edited by aem_power 17; Feb 10, 2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

did u see my video clip of the axleback?
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by MikeKondilis
did u see my video clip of the axleback?
yea actually i did on you tube, i like the sound i was originally lookin at a catback system, however an axel back is alittle bit cheaper so i have two questions

1. how hard was the installation of it?
2. what kind of horsepower/torque gains would you say you get?
Old Feb 10, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Greddy Evo 2.

The reason why I dont like the RRM is because its a magnaflow product, and they sound really raspy, loud, burbles on the 4G69 motor (w/ a downpipe it's worse). Before anybody thinks I have a beef with RRM, that is not the case, Rob, brian and the rest of the guys are class acts and I know them personally, I just don't like the way the magnaflow sounds on the 4G69, almost honda like. The Evo2 sounds sooo sweet on the 4G69, its like butter. You pay for the quality and name when it comes to the Evo2 or any Greddy Exhaust for that matter and also its JdM y0,

At low rpms it has a very distinct G35 sound, yes it's true. Ask anybody who been in my car, they will tell you.

The only problem is, its not a direct fit, so the shop is gonna have to do some custom work, but its not as bad as some might think (atleast my shop didnt have much problem). Only problem they really had was having it angle to right side for me because the exhaust is freaking HUGE! Im very please with the way it looks and even sounds.

I have a video of mine in my sig (let it load first), check it out...
im gonna have to disagree with you on that, ive seen vids of guys with the rrm exhaust and it sounds nothing like a honda(just my opinion)and if you dont like the raspy sound, dont ever buy an aftermarket catback for the g35 b/c my friend had an HKS catback on his and it sounded worst than a honda. just my 2 cents
Old Feb 10, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Starlite Demon
I would say go with RRM rather than Evo 2 since:
1. Greddy is not a bolt on.. you need a shop to custom fit it as with RRM it is a direct fit.
2. For $$$.. RRM > GE2. RRM is cheaper to buy
3. RRM exhuast system will not burn your rear bumper as with GE2 you have a chance of melting the bumper

But overall do what you wish... for RRMs site

and as for byc.. axleback will basicly make no power.. its there to make the RA sound awesome! -lol- if your lucky like 1/2 maybe 1 HP
WTF!!!!!! are you crazy? where do you hear a muffler can MELT a bumper!!!, that wont happen, WELL MAYBE IF YOU DRIVE A CAR FROM THE MOVIE 2FAST 2 FURIOUS

and I will go with the EVO 2, the sound its incredibly HOT, very very good product

Quick Reply: greddy evo 2 or rrm exhaust