Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How many USDM 2006 Evo MRs?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cause my cousin has a TB MR with SE goodies in it but they only put a MR badge on it, so just thought i ask.
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YEAHHHHHHHH!!! that means that my IX SE is that cool.. haha i dont really care about rare i just wanna go fast
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Somehow rare? The SE wasn't made until late in the IX model year, and it wasn't a whole year's worth, so it seems pretty obvious that not only is the SE rare in general, but a IX SE MR would be even more rare. However, it's just got some minor cosmetic differences from the regular IX mr - it's not a different model.
Well then, *runs over and humps my MR SE* lol
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Instead of bashing? I didn't bash you nor anyone. I am not going to do your homework for you either.
And I am not going to buy your kit, so there play nice
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

I heard 05 GG MRs with 5 speeds are the rarest Evos out there but are becoming more common by the day
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

I usually stay out of these little battles, but Warr didn't start any bashing here; And actually I have found him to be very imformative and helpful since I've joined the Evo nation from Audi.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smarsenal
I usually stay out of these little battles, but Warr didn't start any bashing here; And actually I have found him to be very imformative and helpful since I've joined the Evo nation from Audi.
lol just never seen such a hostile salesperson

Perhaps it's a new technique
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

No doubting his knowledge on the Evo though!!
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Ok let me just clear this up, i didnt mean he was bashing me or anyone in a cruel way but he does always put everyone down for asking questions cuz he's the apparently knows all. he said a statement how the IX MRs wernt true MRs and i asked in return why is that and of course what is his response SEARCH ahahha who would have guessed. It woudl have been jsut as easy for him to say why and inform everyone here rather than to tell people to search and how everyone but his is a stupid noob maybe because we have a little better things to do than have over 15,000 posts and sit on the forums all day. But maybe thats just me.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rane
lol just never seen such a hostile salesperson

Perhaps it's a new technique
You're confused, because I'm not a salesperson. I'm just an Evo owner/racer who created stg1 packages for VIIIs and IXs that work wonderfully well at a good price. Buschur is the company that sells the packages - I just thought them up.

As for your comment about not buying it, that's quite alright. All I care about is that you get the same combo of mods for your car when you decide to mod. You don't HAVE to get the same brands, but that combo is the best way to go when starting out. It all started with me going very fast on simple mods without wasting any money. Then, I had people constantly asking me what they should get, and my answer was always the same. It only made sense to turn that "answer" into a package so that people could just look at my sig and get their answer without me ansering hundreds of emails/PMs/IMs each week. I still get a lot of questions through all those media, but now at least people can look at the sig and get the first question answered.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

ooh, my bad

Last edited by rane; Feb 11, 2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

how is the IX MR not a true MR? if the 05 MR is a true MR, then so is the IX.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah, and now we're all to assume that Warr owns the only "true" MR ever created? That's an asinine statement regardless of who it comes from. I'm not sure what the intent of the statement was, but since no information is provided, I can only assume the intent was not to educate, but to start a ruckus.

I (personally) consider a "true" evo one that comes complete --- an in the JDM versions --- complete with all parts appropriate to the original engineering portfolio. That means none of us have "true" Evos, much less ones with market-driven MR badges, unless you're tooling around in the real JDM variety.

Suffice it to say, that touting that the 05 MR is the only "true" MR means little more than saying that Tide with Bleach is the only "true" Tide laundry detergent --- and that's just silly.

Really, guys --- let's move on.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
how is the IX MR not a true MR? if the 05 MR is a true MR, then so is the IX.
In 05, there was a JDM MR, and they released it on a limited basis in the US. In 06, there was no JDM MR, but due to the success in the US, they "badged" one as an MR in 06 ONLY in the US and released tons of them right away at the beginning of the 06 model year.

The logic you used above means nothing.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

*sigh* Tsurugi, I'm sorry that you're not informed on this, but I did not say it to start a ruckus. I do not have the only true MR - I have one of 1000 made in the US for 05, which was when it was a limited edition. That's all. There have been plenty of threads and plenty of explanations on this here on EvoM. Just because you missed them and don't want to go look for them doesn't mean it's not true.

Quick Reply: How many USDM 2006 Evo MRs?