Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Cleaning your suede seats...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jamevo8
ask "Mitchubishi" he's the resident detailer.....
Thank you sir

I am always hesitant to do anything major with the seats, but my cleaning routine for them is:
-LIGHTLY vacuum clean with a brissled nozzle...do NOT use a striaght plastic tube or you WILL RISK leaving lines that you can't really take out with rubbing the fabric over and over.
-Barely damp microfiber wipedown, again gently.

I never have stains on my seats, but used Folex and water sprayed onto a microfiber and wideped gently again.

There is also such a tool called a suede brush, I do not have one, but may plan on getting one eventually since I will have alot of suede re-upholstering going on in my interior .

Hope this helps.

-Mitch
Old Mar 1, 2007, 08:27 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitchubishi
Thank you sir

I am always hesitant to do anything major with the seats, but my cleaning routine for them is:
-LIGHTLY vacuum clean with a brissled nozzle...do NOT use a striaght plastic tube or you WILL RISK leaving lines that you can't really take out with rubbing the fabric over and over.
-Barely damp microfiber wipedown, again gently.
That's essentially what in do, too, but I don't dampen the MF cloth.

There is also such a tool called a suede brush, I do not have one, but may plan on getting one eventually since I will have alot of suede re-upholstering going on in my interior .
I have one, but I wouldn't recommend using it on Alcantara. Though, it works very well on suede.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just going to wait until mine are completely beat and recover them in naugahyde, drill some drain holes in the floor and wash my car out with a hose.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

suede is the black part of the seats, the alacantra is the blue part. i would recommend turtle wax brand cleaner called solid oxy guard. red spray bottle with a foam that when it hits, it starts to clean after a second start scrubbing with the top of the bottle and then whip off. it helped me get a month old cream sauce outa the back seat, where my friends girl accidentally driped it on.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

the blue part is not alcantara. its just some mesh ****.

the suede type material is probably a microfiber thats been kinda made to look like alcantara, or its really alcantara, either way, the care should be similar.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Mitch, and thanks to everyone who chimed in, i'll definetly start the cleaning with all the recommendations..