Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Allignment Issue @ 8500 miles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allignment Issue @ 8500 miles?

Is there anybody here on the forum have had issues with allignment at 8500 miles? I took it to service at Gillman Mitsu and when they saw the tire worn on the inside, they immediately said allignment is the issue. "it's common on these cars and suggested that I should have gotten it alligned when I reached 5000 miles and if not, this will happen because the car was equipped with a sport tuned suspension." Right then i knew this was going to be a problem especially when I am dealing with Gillman Mitsu of off of Sam Houston Tollway. I called Mitsu hotline and expressed my dissapointment for a brand new car to have problem with allignment and now owner of 2 bad front tires. I asked Gillman about who is going to take care of the tires since it went bad because of a bad part that was used in the car originally. They said that they will not warranty the tires and only they will allign my car since it came with allignment warranty for the first 12 months / 12k miles which ever comes first. They advised me to call Yokohama and to express my SOB story. I refused to call Yokohama. At the end of numerous phone calls and call transfers, I feel confident that Mitsu customer service will take care of me. As for the Dealership, all is true from what i have heard that their service department does not know the meaning of Customer Service.

Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

you should probally search.......this has been covered countless times.....but any way its the nature of the beast. you want handling, you get tireware, unless you get a custom alignment. this is the short and sweet version....im sure if you search you will find more info. Their not doing to do anything for you. these tires are only good fo 10k if you drive moderatly. if you want a tire that lasts longer buy one with a 300 treadware, you want one that hooks in the turns buy tires that have a low treadware theses are 160 i think......its a trade off.

Last edited by BURNALL_4; Mar 1, 2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

This issue has been covered countless times, the car comes from the factory with toe-in. This is what is wearing your tires. Get an alignment with 0 toe-in and enjoy the car!
Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

it's pretty typical for quick tire wear straight from the factory, and Yokohama definitely has no responsibility for poor alignment. Mitsu never should have suggested you contact Yokohama.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

That's just something we will have to live with. I have no problems with my tires cause I'm too busy enjoying my car. I actually had it alligned with even more toe in. My Megan Coilovers feel great
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Regardless of how they come on from the factory, they should be able to correct the problem. The case management is currently investigating my claim and comfortably feel they will take care of me. More to come when I hear back from them. Again, thank you all

Dennis
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The alignments may have been OK when they rolled out of the factory, but in shipping and handling, and the suspension settling, etc. the alignment is probably off by a lot after a few hundred miles. I would suggest you find a good alignment shop with a lifetime alignment deal. I did a couple years ago, and let's just say I've gotten my money's worth out of the deal.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Just call Yokohama 1-800-722-9888, then press 2. Tell them your OE tires are showing camber wear at 8500 miles. Then they'll give you case number and ask you to take it to nearest Yokohama dealer, and they'll replace you with brand new tires. Yokohama is already aware that Advan tires on Evo have these problems, and honor this countless times.
I honesty think Yokohama service was superior compare to Mit****bishi. Good luck.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Firestones offer lifetime alignment for $160, or $140 if you been there previously.
I been there 3 times already in past month to adjust my camber to see what I like best (currently set at -1.5 front -1 rear), and they were really cool about it.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

wow. you have to be kidding. i never knew that! props to yokohama. this has definitely always been an issue though. after my trans was put back in my car the alignment was heavily off. i kept putting it off and putting it off and 2 months later i had 2 front tires that were BRAND new, showing wires. i've learned my lesson. dont let alignment issues go untaken care of.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jkim1201
Just call Yokohama 1-800-722-9888, then press 2. Tell them your OE tires are showing camber wear at 8500 miles. Then they'll give you case number and ask you to take it to nearest Yokohama dealer, and they'll replace you with brand new tires. Yokohama is already aware that Advan tires on Evo have these problems, and honor this countless times.
I honesty think Yokohama service was superior compare to Mit****bishi. Good luck.
I wish I knew this when I replaced my Advans for Kumhos at 9000 miles. Where were you with this great information last month?
Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by jkim1201
Firestones offer lifetime alignment for $160, or $140 if you been there previously.
I been there 3 times already in past month to adjust my camber to see what I like best (currently set at -1.5 front -1 rear), and they were really cool about it.
i'm definitely going to be doing this from a firestone service center around my area
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dlove316
Thanks for the info guys. Regardless of how they come on from the factory, they should be able to correct the problem. The case management is currently investigating my claim and comfortably feel they will take care of me. More to come when I hear back from them. Again, thank you all

Dennis
If you have confidence in then, it's great. But I wouldn't be so sure, they have a very good reputation about honoring their promises or customer support claims
Old Mar 1, 2007, 02:35 PM

allignment warranty?
is that for real?
12 months/12k miles
Is that for all evo owners?
Old Mar 1, 2007, 02:42 PM

i dont see why tires would not be covered under the warranty. im a tech for hyundai and we have the same warranty as mitsubishi and we cover some tires under warranty. no tire should wear out in 8500 miles and the customer is responsible for it. just keep complaining, you will get your way...

the squeaky wheel gets the grease

Quick Reply: Allignment Issue @ 8500 miles?