Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Should I Get an Evo IX or Infinity G35 Coupe??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since you still want to have some "fun" just get the Evo and be safe with it. You can always have a classy car when you're older.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Bro don't listen to all the "my insurance goes up cause of people like you" or the "learn how to earn it" type of comments here. I was 19 when I got my Evo too. Just do what you think is best for you. Evo is a sick car, bad times is when you're in traffic and on long road trips but other than that its a blast. G35 is sexy, Can't go wrong with either car. O and keep the Integra, trust me you'll miss it. I had the same color and almost same rims

Originally Posted by DJmarkymark
Since you still want to have some "fun" just get the Evo and be safe with it. You can always have a classy car when you're older.
Agree

Last edited by glomeli; Mar 4, 2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

well it depends on the driver. I used to drive a Infinity QX4 and when I bring it to the dealer to have it serviced they always give me a G35 sedan as a loaner for two days.I love how G drives but it's more on the luxury side compared to the evo.if you prefer to have performance first before anything else, the Evo is yours. i bought my evo coz I also wanted to feel the wooosh as I drive (FYI I don't race.), and want a awd sedan.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

your still young enjoy it while you still can,get an evo.you can get a luxury sedans when you get old.(just my opinion.)just like what they said.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 07:58 PM

Thumbs up

Get a new nissan 350

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/nissan_350z.asp
Old Mar 4, 2007, 08:06 PM

Im 19 and earned my evo, pay for it, insurance, etc. I made the mistake of showing off ONE time and I almost ended up killing my friend and myself. I never do stupid **** and the ONE time I did I F'd it up big time. Just be careful and think before you do anything, its never worth showing off. Lesson learned.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Clutchdc5
somtimesi regret my evo IX, just hard driving daily in traffic, and girls saying which honda is that pisses me off deep inside....

you know much a$$ we all could have got with an IS350 same price range?

/end

why dose everyone say this ??? the evo is not difficult to drive in traffic.. try living in orange county and driving in 5pm daily traffic (5south to the 91e) then you would know what real traffic is,. anywho i just turn 20 and have a evo ix. (i pay my own payments and insurence) its a great car // but iff your never going to run it or drive it like it should be driven // you should get a g35 or a 5-series(black on black ballin!!!!$$$ ) and then keep your integ also for a project car..
Old Mar 4, 2007, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Honestly I was stuck between the same two cars, the g/z looks so much better than the Evo, but I opted for the Evo for the added convenience. AWD so I can get to work in the winters (not really a concern for you) 4-doors so I can have plenty of room for all my files for work or drive to lunch with co-workers. At times I wish I could have gotten a g35 or a 3 series for some luxury, but then I just step on the gas in any gear and am reminded why I love the Evo

I can say I absolutely love the car even though there's not a hint of luxury and even though people say it's not good on long drives I've gone on several 2 hour drives and have been perfectly comfortable so I don't see it sucking driving longer than that. I've also driven in traffic and it doesn't bother me.

Also for reference, I'm 21 and bought it and pay for it myself as I did with my eclipse and have done with pretty much everything for a long time. Whatever you get respect it and appreciate it, don't treat it like a piece of ****. Oh and drive it spirited once in a while but not like an ***
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

feel lucky that you are even in such a privileged position to be having the dilema in which you find yourself.

the G35 sounds like it will suit your personality and lifestyle more.

be good to your parents.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:35 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Sounds like the G35 would suit you better. As it was mentioned before, be thankful for the spot you are in to be privileged to have such a nice expensive car at a young age.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I don't think you should have any car like this at 19 while in college and not paying for things yourself. It really doesn't teach you any responsibility, and you certainly have no reason to be driving such expensive, nice cars before you've earned it, but between the two, I'd say you should definitely get the G35...
lol...what a hater!!! im happy i paid for my car, myself...but i would much rather have not earned it than earned it...that extra 560 a month in my pocket would be fantastic
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

evo or g35...2 different things...if you want a compromise, get the Z.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

get a G35, lower it get some deep dish rims and steal all the chicks from us...that is what i would do if i wanted to just cruise my car....but since i drive like a bat out of hell everywere i go...i love the evo
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8yurAMG
get a G35, lower it get some deep dish rims and steal all the chicks from us...that is what i would do if i wanted to just cruise my car....but since i drive like a bat out of hell everywere i go...i love the evo
too true, the evo is not exactly a chick magnet.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Learn how to manage money. In the future when you are actually independent, you'll thank me.

But if you are really set on either of these cars (*sigh*), just get the G35. The last thing we want is another Evo ricer.

Quick Reply: Should I Get an Evo IX or Infinity G35 Coupe??