Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Should I Get an Evo IX or Infinity G35 Coupe??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2007, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I Get an Evo IX or Infinity G35 Coupe??

Hey guys this is an extremely tough choice for me and I came across this great forum as a few of my friends have Evo IXs. I'm getting another car in 2 months and please give me as much input as you can. Here's an introduction on me. I'm torn between a 2007 white Evo IX or a black G35 Coupe 6-speed. I been setting my mind on the Evo for the last year and absolutely am obsessed with the Evo, but recently, my parents who said "We won't let you move onto a luxury car yet" changed their minds :]

I'm a 19 year old college student and currently drive an Acura Integra but want to move on. I know quite a lot about cars and know all the specs and drivability between the Evo IX and the G35 Coupe and just CANNOT decide b/t the 2 so please help.

Moneywise, my parents take care of the maintenance costs, gas, and insurance so I don't have to pay for that.

This is my thoughts on the cars.

Evo Pros: Wicked 0-60 speed and overall speed GREAT performance. Handling is great and factory turbo that is just so sexy. IMO best car buck for buck PERFORMANCE-wise under 35k. I've always loved turbo and always wanted to see how it would be. I'm young and would definitely want to experience something like an Evo.

Cons: I don't really race and drive pretty safe overall and people will still look at me as a kid who just has a fast car. There's no point in getting an Evo if I'm not an "aggressive" driver like most Import people right??

G35 Pros: Quick, luxurious, great drivability, BaLLiN!!, sexy, and has speed when I want it. It's a luxury sport car and people look at me as a kid that is more "professional and classy." People wouldn't want to race you, cut you off, or always looking to run you as much as if I were in an Evo.

Cons: I'm 19 and not sure if I wanna get out of the import scene yet and always wanted to see how turbo felt and the Evo is like a samurai's sword: it's connected 100% to the driver. I'm torn between having fun at this age still or going onto luxury sport and if I got the G35 I wouldn't push it and stuff I don't think it's meant to do that.

PLEASE HELP ME ON YOUR OPINIONS EVO-M MEMBERS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think you should have any car like this at 19 while in college and not paying for things yourself. It really doesn't teach you any responsibility, and you certainly have no reason to be driving such expensive, nice cars before you've earned it, but between the two, I'd say you should definitely get the G35...
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

I would never park either of those cars on a college campus.

Last edited by Rich EVO MR SE; Mar 4, 2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I don't think you should have any car like this at 19 while in college and not paying for things yourself. It really doesn't teach you any responsibility, and you certainly have no reason to be driving such expensive, nice cars before you've earned it, but between the two, I'd say you should definitely get the G35...
Haterade, for that deep down hater thirst!

Hmm, keep the Integra and put your money away. Save up for bigger and better things. You can buy the car when you get out of college.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:11 AM

Evo X?
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

im 19 and have a evo i pay for mine but wish my parents did...but definatly get a ix 4 door dam good lines it has everything you could want. plus everyone and there whole family drives g35s. jus be smart and try not to show off your fast turbo spooling pshhhhhhhh noise every ten seconds
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

Get the G35.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

honestly, get the g35....looks like it would suit u better. if you arent into the performance side, then dont waste your or your parents money on the evo. let someone that would really enjoy it buy it and drive it.

you'll be happy with the G and it seems like you prefer the luxury side of cars right now.

Last edited by diablo2184; Mar 4, 2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

No 19 year-old kid deserves a $30,000 car. But no 19 year-old kid will turn down one either.

Between the two cars you've listed, I'd go for the G35. Personally I like the new G35 sedan, it looks much better than the older version. They have the F-1 shift paddles too if you get the sport package, so you can play around with that once in a while. However, considering that you're "not aggressive," I would get a Lexus IS instead.

Drive safe, and don't do anything with your car to impress anybody. Remember, people are "generally safe" until they decide to do something stupid.

BTW, I'm curious since you said you are still "in the import scene" ... did you mod your Integra at all?
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Buy the G35 or keep the Integra and save all of us from the increasing insurance rates when you wrap it around a tree. I love my Evo but i'm 23 years old and I paid for it myself. The only thing I hate about the evo is that every punk kid with rich parents wants one or has one. They are mainly the ones that increase our rates. Not saying that your punk kid, you might be very responsible. However I would have to agree with Warrtalon on this one, get either of them when YOU can earn it. The car you have now is perfect, inexpensive, reliable, and slow. KEEP IT
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

G35 sounds like it suits you better although it is completely your personal preference that matters.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:46 AM

If you really have to ask which one between an Evo and a G35, i think you should stick to your integra or get something else that would fit your image that you are so worried about.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

ask your self what is the most important to you ... bling or ***** ... then choose accordingly.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what he said...

Originally Posted by Rich EVO MR SE
I would never park either of those cars on a college campus.
btw...welcome to evom
Old Mar 4, 2007, 01:05 AM

Your young, I'm 21 and a college student and I earned my Evo through the Army and the GI BILL. I was stuck in the STI v. EVO mode but I experience a winter with snow unlike your california. So I needed something durable in the snow compared to a G35. I'm not as aggressive as I could be but perhaps I'm trying to keep a good record, til I'm hired haha.

Quick Reply: Should I Get an Evo IX or Infinity G35 Coupe??