Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Will I Be Happy? Coming from 04 Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes dont get the 6 spd, i was really never a fan of 6 spd, its sucks when you have to race someone and downshift, 6 to 4 is like yuck, But yeah the 9 MR SE 5 spd is da bomb. Hope you make a good choice. IMport Junky, Thats hot man haha. nice choice. Import4Life!!!!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

get the Rs then you dont have to worry about the wing
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

I'm 27 and really don't mind driving a "lancer"

I bought a silver SE, took the wing off, put some Swift springs on it, and as it stand is such a sexy "regular looking" 4 door sedan.

IMHO the silver looks sweeet with no wing.

Originally Posted by coop1103
Has anyone bought the IX SE and then bought the blisteins seperately and put them on?? Is that the biggest standard accessory that comes with the MR...the shocks??

What about my quote on people thinking this is a "kid" car. Can I make it look More upper 20, early 30's looking...LOL! My wife is concerned with the wing!! LOL.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:13 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Azntoyhere
Yes dont get the 6 spd, i was really never a fan of 6 spd, its sucks when you have to race someone and downshift, 6 to 4 is like yuck, But yeah the 9 MR SE 5 spd is da bomb. Hope you make a good choice. IMport Junky, Thats hot man haha. nice choice. Import4Life!!!!
Thanx...I'm actually glad I couldn't get the VIII's when they first came out. I'm not knocking anyone who has them but i love the way the new IX's look especially in black...hehe.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
from my point of view,

The problem in this country is, people do not understand a thing about this car, they dont know how much hp it makes, how fun is to drive an Evo, All they see is the wing, thinking that car is made for a kid, guess again.

I had an 03 evo before, went to Audi S4, and guess what? now I Drive 05 RS. Sometimes i get weird look from older people, they look at me funny, I can deal with it, I'am thinking to keep the car forever, and buy another car "luxury" i.e bmw, audi, and leave the evo for track/weekend fun.

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by tweakdsm; Mar 12, 2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Everyone who dont own an EVO but see EVO daily and when they see people with an EVO without the wing, Automatically they thinking what kinda crap is that ??? What kinda car is this an EVO imitation !!?!!??! its not all about the wing to make the car. Its what you put down on the track and the looks on the street god damn it.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

The IX SE has the aluminum roof, hence no sunroof. It's good for weight reduction, but bad if you want that sunroof. Take it from me, that sunroof is HUGE and the next best thing to a convertible.

As for your concerns about maturity...The Evo is the benchmark in performance and civil disobedience in that it completely breaks the mold of the common sedan. I purchased one of the first 50 Evo VIII's brought to the US in 2003. I have since grown with the car and can not see a good reason to part with her. Deleting the wing will help to take away some of the edge, but the essence of the car will remain. The question is whether or not you can live with the agressive stance of the Evo everday? The answer should be yes, because once you hit boost, you will never go back!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by GroundChuck
Coop,

My previous car was an Olds Aurora that was coming off lease (leather, heated seats, rain sensing wipers, blah, blah, blah). Not nearly the performance level of a TL but still entry level Lux with modest zip). The day I had to pick up my EVO I was thinking ...... What the heck am I doing? No Leather, No heated seats, No smooth ride, Obnoxious wing, ...... I am nuts. Now, I can't imagine driving anything but this car. I love it. If you really need the electronic goodies, there are plenty of after market options to add to the car. I have added a Cruise Control, Homelink, Handsfree telephone, and a tire pressure monitoring system just for giggles. There's also a really nice double-din face plate if you'd like to add a "factory" looking Nav unit. Also if you start with the IX - SSL (as mentioned) you'll have more than us '03 guys who only had three real choices ...... Sunroof, wing, color. As far as performance goes ..... you can go nuts with the options.

Good luck.

By the way, I love the TL. Good choice.

First off, I have been on a lot of forums looking at other options in car purchasing. I must say this forum has by far the most honest, non flamming people. Plus I have attained so much info from you guys/girls. Thanks again.

So it looks like I would be good with this IX SSL. But correct me if I am wrong, I will not get the hids, stictch red seats, stereo, and most importantly the forged aluminum wheels. Am I wrong??? If this is correct, I my as well pick up the SE and deal without having a sunroof!!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

LOL nice call silver. Yeah the sunroof is a blast in the summer, i cant live without it. I just stripped my trunk and i strip the Back bumper beam for the JDM IX and i swapp the battery and imma live dangerous and take off the front bumper beam too. I left the wheel stock and just paint it flat black witht he red lip. And all the weight reduction is = to no sunroof. done. I am satisfy ^_^
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

First off, I have been on a lot of forums looking at other options in car purchasing. I must say this forum has by far the most honest, non flamming people. Plus I have attained so much info from you guys/girls. Thanks again.

So it looks like I would be good with this IX SSL. But correct me if I am wrong, I will not get the hids, stictch red seats, stereo, and most importantly the forged aluminum wheels. Am I wrong??? If this is correct, I my as well pick up the SE and deal without having a sunroof!!
With SSL, you get the HIDS, a sunroof, an upgraded stereo with a sub, and of course the leather seats. As far as the wheels, no the regulars on the SSL are not forged, but most that get the forged BBS's end up gettig aftermarket forged rims anyhow.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

+1 SSL might be good option for you..

Last edited by evo637; Mar 12, 2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:38 AM

it all depends on what you like about the luxury sedan.
the evo does not have cruise control, individual climate settings, digital readout gauges, auto dimming, nice interior, quiet ride... none of that does it have.

however if you like the feeling of driving where you feel like your going to have to pull your nuts out of your buttcrack every time you get into it... the evo is for you. its a high powered awd go-cart that for a little bit of money can be made into a jet on 4 wheels and still keep the gocart cornering. you can put yourself into powerslides with one hand... hold it with friggin ease and if you screw up the awd will most of the time save your butt from what in any other car would have your family memebers leaving flowers at a cross on the side of the road. people always bring up the questions about the crash test ratings and such... but in all honest the things you can get away with in this car theres nearly no excuse for crashing it or really even getting hit if you are paying attention.

all in all if you want the smooth comfortable ride and the feeling of solid decent power get another luxury. if you want a ride that leaves mechanics with a hardon and gets your girl wet when you get on it get the evo. my evo's pulled girls attention from carerra's and other 60+ cars. just please dont be one of the thousands of twits and turn it into a drag car... its mad for cornering... god the "track time" morons aggrivate me.... dont be another
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by broddey
Take it from me, DON't GET THE 6 SPEED!

Get the MR for the Bilsteins and the other goodies, but plan on swapping to a 5 speed if you push any more power than stock.

Its not a question of IF it will happen, but WHEN it will blow. . . .
So I should start saving for a new new transmission?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by dj_subculture
So I should start saving for a new new transmission?
yes. direct from a mitsubishi tech when a friend of mine asked him what he should do so his 6 stops having problems "get the 5 speed transmission"
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

I have been hovering around these forums for the past few months. My current lease on my 04 Acura TL 6MT is coming up on May 21st. I am all about, handling and speed and have loved the looks of the EVO over the past few years.

My question is has anyone from a luxury sedan converted to an EVO? Can you live without the cruise control, sunroof, heated seats, etc. I can live without all of these I am thinking. The only one I am iffy on is the sunroof. Sucks, because I want the 6speed MR. Maybe the 5 speed SE isnt so bad....Too many things to consider. Can anyone shine some light on this subject in helping me make a decision!

Thanks in advance!
i thought the same way before i bought my IX, but like you said "I am all about, handling and speed and have loved the looks of the EVO over the past few years." it really depends on what you want, it'd be kind of hard to take the TL to an AutoX events(not saying you cant).

oh just so you know, Evo was or still "second most stolen vehicle in America"...thats why i dont park or leave it on certain places which i wouldnt have to worry if i bought the TL...

no regrets

Quick Reply: Will I Be Happy? Coming from 04 Acura TL