Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Will I Be Happy? Coming from 04 Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would go with the SSL package if I were you. Just because of the simple fact that you want some creature comforts. You hardly strike me as a person that's going to race this thing out so forget the aluminum roof and enjoy the sunlight. I don't know if you've driven one but my personal impression leaves me with one word "RAW"!!!! This is a purpose built sports car that just happens to have 4 doors. God I love it though. Plus the wife doesn't mind because she likes the big trunk space and room for baby seats in the back...haha
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbochrgdbeast
i thought the same way before i bought my IX, but like you said "I am all about, handling and speed and have loved the looks of the EVO over the past few years." it really depends on what you want, it'd be kind of hard to take the TL to an AutoX events(not saying you cant).

oh just so you know, Evo was or still "second most stolen vehicle in America"...thats why i dont park or leave it on certain places which i wouldnt have to worry if i bought the TL...

no regrets

No no no. The Evo is second in insurance claims. That could mean a stolen vehicle, but a claim could be due to accidents, vandlism, etc. If an Evo was keyed and it was claimedto insurance, that car would count on the insurance claim list. The Evo is not even on the top ten "most stolen" list.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:53 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
No no no. The Evo is second in insurance claims. That could mean a stolen vehicle, but a claim could be due to accidents, vandlism, etc. If an Evo was keyed and it was claimedto insurance, that car would count on the insurance claim list. The Evo is not even on the top ten "most stolen" list.
I'm definately not debating your comment but I also thought I saw it on a list of most stolen. I think only the Cadillac Escalade beat it out
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by coop1103
Has anyone bought the IX SE and then bought the blisteins seperately and put them on?? Is that the biggest standard accessory that comes with the MR...the shocks??

What about my quote on people thinking this is a "kid" car. Can I make it look More upper 20, early 30's looking...LOL! My wife is concerned with the wing!! LOL.
the only reasons i didnt get the MR is because i will get rid of the Billstein, BBS, Gauges in the future. 6 speed - i dont really care.

as for the people who did not know anything about the Evo and calling it a "push cart" because of the wing, i really dont care either.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Import Junky
I would go with the SSL package if I were you. Just because of the simple fact that you want some creature comforts. You hardly strike me as a person that's going to race this thing out so forget the aluminum roof and enjoy the sunlight. I don't know if you've driven one but my personal impression leaves me with one word "RAW"!!!! This is a purpose built sports car that just happens to have 4 doors. God I love it though. Plus the wife doesn't mind because she likes the big trunk space and room for baby seats in the back...haha
You read me right!! I will do some minor mods to it but will not be taking it to the track. However, I always want the "best" in the line up of the cars (trim level). The aluminum roof has to get the beast planted on the ground a little better and would hate to lose that handling. But a sunroof is nice in the summer. The baby seat thing will sell it to the wife!!LOL> That will be coming soon in my life.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

I have as ES300 for "civil" use of the highways, an MDX for family chores.....I have owned Acura TL's, plus other Lexus ES's...even had a sweet 1996 ES300 with the 5spd.....they are all fine cars and I have been happy to own them.

....nothing......nothing......even comes close to the driving pleasure I get from my MR....every mile is exciting....cruise control.....never really missed it yet, but it would be a nice add.

My ride sees mostly street use in the non-winter months.......I logged 10K last year and expect to do at least double that this season with road trips, shows and some limited track days.....I chose the MR6spd because I felt more comfortable cruising at highhighway speeds.....either tranny is fine.....some say the 5spd is a better unit......I am real good with the IX-MR......IMHO

.....plus four doors...saves on insurance, adds utility, and helps hide the excessive speed that you will inevitably be traveling at.......oh yah....

Keep the TL and get the EVO - you will never regret that purchase!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Import Junky
I'm definately not debating your comment but I also thought I saw it on a list of most stolen. I think only the Cadillac Escalade beat it out
yes Escalade is #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13179668 shows graphs of "Insurance theft claims" and we had numerous threads here that i also found from the beginning of the year of 2006..

Evo is #2

Originally Posted by turbochrgdbeast
...oh just so you know, Evo was or still "second most stolen vehicle in America"...thats why i dont park or leave it on certain places which i wouldnt have to worry if i bought the TL...

no regrets
One word: LOJACK.
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dj_subculture
I came from a car with T-Tops.

1st time I hit boost, I forgot all about it.
+1 Perfect!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SICK SPEED
....nothing......nothing......even comes close to the driving pleasure I get from my MR....every mile is exciting....cruise control.....never really missed it yet, but it would be a nice add.
+1 &
who buys Evos and cruise ....
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by jab_phoenix
however if you like the feeling of driving where you feel like your going to have to pull your nuts out of your buttcrack every time you get into it... the evo is for you.
ROFL! That has got to be the best description of driving an Evo I have ever seen! I am about to buy one around the end of April, and I have test drove one twice now. I have to ask the Evo owners - Does that adrenaline rush stay with you even after you own it?

Every time I test drove one I came back to the dealer shaking with adrenaline, and I wasn't even going crazy with it! Could it be possible to keep that feeling even when you own the car???
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Adrenaline718
ROFL! That has got to be the best description of driving an Evo I have ever seen! I am about to buy one around the end of April, and I have test drove one twice now. I have to ask the Evo owners - Does that adrenaline rush stay with you even after you own it?

Every time I test drove one I came back to the dealer shaking with adrenaline, and I wasn't even going crazy with it! Could it be possible to keep that feeling even when you own the car???
I'll give you the short answer:
HELL YEAH!!!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Its the second most stolen car PER 1,000 cars... not overall. Don't forget the fact that there aren't that many evo's running around compared to other vehicles because of their limited production, so the numbers are going to be high.

As far as the wing goes... you either love it or hate it. If you like it, then who cares what anyone else thinks- afterall mitsu did their hw to make these parts functional. If you don't like it, just take it off
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

no it wont stay that way
imo, the feeling only stayed that way, from the first 2 months after owning it or till 3k miles. at first, i thought "it was like airplane taking off" especially when you hear the turbo spool, after a few months, my friend would get in my Evo, and i sometimes go WOT from 3rd to 5th gear, and everytime i do it, they feel "like your going to have to pull your nuts out of your buttcrack every time you get into it"...but to me, it became a normal feeling and at the same time, i am still aware how fast it go.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:13 AM
Account Disabled

Well some guys tell me they can't get enough of it. I'm too new to give you advice because mine's only a week old but everyday I can't wait to either go to work or come home from work just to drive it. Some guys get addicted to power and keep modding until you can no longer put it on the street legally. The Evo is definately like a drug.

Quick Reply: Will I Be Happy? Coming from 04 Acura TL