Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Port Saint Lucie Florida

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2007, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hate to say it..but morosso is possibly the worst track I have ever ran on. EVER! My dsm was never one known for traction (purpose built for highway) but not hooking until 70+mph at Morosso(funny I'd have traction by 50 on the street), has to be my worst track experience ever. Starting to back out of the street racing scene myself, it's an adrenaline rush, but between how serious they take it as a crime, and the abundance of cops down here, they pay off seems less appealing than going to jail. It's funny how I can say this now, but I'm sure the next time someone revs on me, I'll be honking the horn 3 times. 4 wheel slide? where are they? I'm not going to mod my Evo much, been through too much with my dsm, and considering it's going to be my daily, I'm only lookin for about 310-20whp(stretch on stock 8 turbo from what I've gathered). Was lookin for a while to find a local shop for a reflash with no luck, best I found was Machine's Gone Wild, and they're around 2hrs away.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He lives in Lauderdale. I plan on meeting up with him once I'm done with my mods. He'll give me a custom tune which I think is better. I've talked to him several times and I'm pretty confident he'll do a great job. I looked for threads with him in it and all I've read are good things. Well, I'll be on tomorrow of course.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 01:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted99GST
To whoever said they had a 95 gst in the area....was your car red?
Yeah lol...it was red. I used stay over on Prima Vista. Sucks cause it cost me 2k to ship it here to Puerto Rico and I just ended up getting an Evo. Nothing I can really transfer over either (and I dont think the 18inch rims will fit with the huge Brembos). So its for sale now in order to pay for a few tickets I got (surpising...). Anyway if you guys set something up maybe I'll pop in next time I'm in that town. I'm planning to move to the states again maybe next year depending if I can transfer to a new University. I plan on getting an Evo 9 if i move though. Cars are more expensive here in PR so i'm better off selling this one and buying a IX next year when the X comes out and the prices drop some more.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 07:25 AM

Sweet. Is this guy at a certain shop in Lauderdale? Curious to see what kind of luck you have with him, so you're gonna have to keep me posted. I'd rather drive to Lauderdale than into Miami any day. You said you're awaiting on your Greddy Ti-C CB..you have a downpipe and test pipe or no?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by EV06MR
He lives in Lauderdale. I plan on meeting up with him once I'm done with my mods. He'll give me a custom tune which I think is better. I've talked to him several times and I'm pretty confident he'll do a great job. I looked for threads with him in it and all I've read are good things. Well, I'll be on tomorrow of course.
He's also gonna tune mine as soon as I finish putting on my bc and wideband. I've also read a lot of good things about him and cant wait to get tuned. Are you guys gonna go to Stuart pretty soon?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

i used to live in vero beach.... like 2-3 years ago....... where was everyone then?? i knew a few people... but they were mostly ricers and such..... and a bunch of rich pansies hahaha
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:05 PM

What did you drive back then? I've only been here for about 4 years and wasnt really into cars when I first got here so.. I think its been about 2 years since everyone met up at Target which was pretty big, dont know if you were here for that.

Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
i used to live in vero beach.... like 2-3 years ago....... where was everyone then?? i knew a few people... but they were mostly ricers and such..... and a bunch of rich pansies hahaha
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

a galant.... unfortunately did not buy my first dsm till i got back here...
Old Apr 30, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boosted99GST
Sweet. Is this guy at a certain shop in Lauderdale? Curious to see what kind of luck you have with him, so you're gonna have to keep me posted. I'd rather drive to Lauderdale than into Miami any day. You said you're awaiting on your Greddy Ti-C CB..you have a downpipe and test pipe or no?

He's on evom. I read a few posts and pm'd him. I'm trying not to make the car LOUD so the test pipe and down pipe are not gonna happen. Heck, I've only had the car for 1 week and look at what I'm getting. I was actually looking into getting a walbro 255 but not sure if it will help being I'm not replacing the dp or cat. Not sure what to do.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 06:06 PM

lol its funny how interest can change in a months time... I just realized that the OP made this post a month before my first reply!

I took your advice and looked up Jestrtuning and we're pming working out what I should do with my VIII currently. its going to be possibly a 24 month build but we should be trapping nicely in the future.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 06:12 PM

24month build??? what exactly are your intentions for the car?

Even with the Greddy Ti, the car won't be that loud with a factory cat and downpipe still in place. And it's an Evo, we're not talkin loud like 1.5L honda loud. I'm sure it'll give u a nice bassy idle, with a throaty note when on the throttle.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 06:20 PM

I really want to drive the car at each of these mod levels just to see the differences. I already have Injen UICP, Blitz Cone, WORKS 3"DP, TP, HFC, ABM, but I'm not flashed or Tuned for any of that.

S1
any throttle body changes.
Cams/springs/retainers
Walbro
Flash

S2
FPGreen
O2 housing
injectors
headstuds
Reflash

S3
LICP
IC
Reflash

I think its a good schedule, no?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 06:55 PM

FPGreen for the win! I ran this on my GST and loved it! Excellent spool charactoristics(sp?) I saw full boost(22.5psi) under 4000rpm, and this was with 8.3:1 static compression (lower than Evo). 392fwp on pump! One of the better street turbo's on the market in my opinion(although the gt__r's weren't around when i purchased my green) What size injectors do you planon running? I'm gonna recommend nothing smaller than 750's(preferably 850's) to give your tuner some room to play with timing. Your plan sounds good, but i think i would combine your 2nd and 3rd stages into one. You're probably going to want to fmic with the green. and there's no point in paying toflash twice, when it can be done in one shot!is the throttle body upgrade worth it on an evo? I've only seen one vendor offer it as part of thier staged upgrades. Curious as to how much of a HP gain they are good for. What cams to you plan on running. I ran comp101200 (cheap alternative to hks 272's) on my dsm, and they seemed to compliment the green well, as the green was decent for midrange, and the cams gave it a little more umph up top.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by f007ch
I really want to drive the car at each of these mod levels just to see the differences. I already have Injen UICP, Blitz Cone, WORKS 3"DP, TP, HFC, ABM, but I'm not flashed or Tuned for any of that.

S1
any throttle body changes.
Cams/springs/retainers
Walbro
Flash
MBC ----You forgot that one!

S2
FPGreen
O2 housing
injectors
headstuds
Reflash