Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Port Saint Lucie Florida

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2007, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted99GST
What size injectors do you planon running? I'm gonna recommend nothing smaller than 750's(preferably 850's) to give your tuner some room to play with timing. Your plan sounds good, but i think i would combine your 2nd and 3rd stages into one. You're probably going to want to fmic with the green. and there's no point in paying toflash twice, when it can be done in one shot!is the throttle body upgrade worth it on an evo? I've only seen one vendor offer it as part of thier staged upgrades. Curious as to how much of a HP gain they are good for. What cams to you plan on running. I ran comp101200 (cheap alternative to hks 272's) on my dsm, and they seemed to compliment the green well, as the green was decent for midrange, and the cams gave it a little more umph up top.
Thanks for the suggestion on the injectors... I was going to get Denso 700's. You really think I'd need more?

I was considering combining 2nd and 3rd stages... but I really would like to know what the intercooler and licp are offering me. do you think there will be a large difference in performance, and I'd like to see what effect it makes on T-lag.

I don't really like Lumpy Idle and because I have factory ECU i am considering GSC s1 and also WORKS. I'm still working that one out too. still very sketched in at this point, but I am getting more pumped up about it lately.

Very nice #'s on your eclipse! I really liked that model. I got to drive a GS-T and if it weren't for their being FWD. Imight actually own one.
Old May 2, 2007, 05:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha thanks man, believe me i cursed my fwd everytime i came into boost, but as long as i saved the heavy foot for highway speeds it wasn't too unbearable. It did make 30mph lane changes interesting tho. ok enough about my car. I only suggested the larger injectors in order to give your tuner a little room to work with timing. Price change between 700's-850's is almost non-existant. From a tuning standpoint it's always better to have more fuel than you need and lean it out some, then have not enough and have to stop short. As far as the intercooler effecting turbo lag, it's really a matter of pressure drop. Do a little homework on the forums, I've seen a billion "which intercooler" threads. Top three that I've seen have been AMS, Buschur, and Nisei. The three of them seem to have low pressure drop considering thier size, so that's the direction I'd be lookin in. I understand you saying you want to see exactly what they give you. I'm assuming you mean you'd like to see how much power they add, after you already have some numbers for the turbo set up you have in mind? Admirable, however, I would still combine the two stages. I'm not sure what the factory front mount is capable of supporting, it may very well support your Green at a moderate boost level. I personally would just do the FMIC with the turbo for piece of mind, and at the very least..save you money on flashing/ tuning. As far as cams, I've heard the GSC s1's work very well on the evo's, as well as the Works. You could also look into a 264in/272ex set up. a 272 on the exhaust side mated to your green should give you some decent top end power.
Old May 2, 2007, 05:57 PM

I hadn't seen anyone disappointed with their AMS FMIC and had them in mind. I'm grateful for the suggestions! I've definitely got some work to do. The car hasn't changed a bit since I got it... its actually 1 less mod, as someone ripped my FATT DT display out of my car, so I am anxious to get started. I'll be sure to make some posts later...
Old May 5, 2007, 03:14 PM

yea, definately keep me posted on your progress. So about this giant car meet at Bravo i was refering to..here's an update. It's pretty much a parking lot full of idiots. Here's a few quotes you'll get a laugh out of..

"I got a Dodge Omni, 600rwhp on only 4psi, once I hook up my laptop AND my s-afc, I'll turn the boost up. The cool thing is it's carbuerated. I'm pretty happy with it for now tho, the 600hp was good enough to run a 13.44 at the track."

Upon looking at a stock 5.7L Pontiac GTO, listening to it's quiet, smooth idle..this is what i hear:

"That goat is pushin out over 800whp all motor"

::The GTO gets on it in the parking lot, doesn't even crack them loose, and sounds pretty quiet::

Me: "so that GTO with a stock cam, and stock exhaust is making over 800hp?"

Moron(in an almost confrontational tone): "yea, just because it's got a quiet exhaust, and a cam that isn't lumpy, doesn't mean it's not making 800hp"

Me: "that's funny I always thought the way to make horsepower was packing as much air and fuel in for combustion as possible. So i'd assume in order to make 800whp all motor, you'd have to have a pretty high lift, long duration cam profile in order to feed that much air, and a free flowing exhaust in order to get all of that air out. I guess in order for that thing to sound quiet at idle Pontiac must of hopped on the variable valve timing bandwagon, GTO's with VTEC who woulda thought?"

Moron:"(silence)"

Just thought I'd let you guys in on my disappointment with the local car meet. L8
Old May 8, 2007, 07:48 PM

yea, definately keep me posted on your progress. So about this giant car meet at Bravo i was refering to..here's an update. It's pretty much a parking lot full of idiots. Here's a few quotes you'll get a laugh out of..

"I got a Dodge Omni, 600rwhp on only 4psi, once I hook up my laptop AND my s-afc, I'll turn the boost up. The cool thing is it's carbuerated. I'm pretty happy with it for now tho, the 600hp was good enough to run a 13.44 at the track."

Upon looking at a stock 5.7L Pontiac GTO, listening to it's quiet, smooth idle..this is what i hear:

"That goat is pushin out over 800whp all motor"

::The GTO gets on it in the parking lot, doesn't even crack them loose, and sounds pretty quiet::

Me: "so that GTO with a stock cam, and stock exhaust is making over 800hp?"

Moron(in an almost confrontational tone): "yea, just because it's got a quiet exhaust, and a cam that isn't lumpy, doesn't mean it's not making 800hp"

Me: "that's funny I always thought the way to make horsepower was packing as much air and fuel in for combustion as possible. So i'd assume in order to make 800whp all motor, you'd have to have a pretty high lift, long duration cam profile in order to feed that much air, and a free flowing exhaust in order to get all of that air out. I guess in order for that thing to sound quiet at idle Pontiac must of hopped on the variable valve timing bandwagon, GTO's with VTEC who woulda thought?"

Moron:"(silence)"

Just thought I'd let you guys in on my disappointment with the local car meet. L8

unreal! I've been to a few unorganized meets and seen a few people off the wall but that is just unblievable. well it sounds more entertaining than sittin home watching the comedy channel...
Old May 8, 2007, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Future port st. lucie resident here.........House shoukd start building couple months from now, in Tradition.
Old May 9, 2007, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by 4G63 T
Future port st. lucie resident here.........House shoukd start building couple months from now, in Tradition.

cool, good to see ya.
put another chalk mark on the wall guys... so how many do we need to get a meet together!?
Old May 9, 2007, 07:17 PM

forget this post. didnt know it went through

Last edited by KenBoost; May 9, 2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old May 9, 2007, 07:18 PM

I dont know if you guys go to this one or not but there's supposed to be a pretty decent meet in PSL tmrw night (thursday) if you guys can make it. I'm gonna find out tonight exactly where it's at so you guys can go if you want..
Old May 10, 2007, 06:58 PM

wish i woulda read this post sooner. here it is thursday night at 10pm, and im just dying to show off my clearcoat-less 1.5L honda civic that has been deemed "sleeper" by some of these local idiots, funny...it makes 92hp at the crank. ken, post up where the meet was at, maybe next thurday i'll be able to make it up there and seek out some people with intelligence
Old May 10, 2007, 09:30 PM

foo7ch u said ur in Tradition? I'm assuming your renting if you are a future psl resident. whats the rent like over there. more than liely i'll be managing the Olive Garden that is being built out there, and was wondering what rent was going t be like. Welcome to the area! Just when i thought this was a dead spot for car enthusiasts. I drove by Bravo on the way home from my friends house, had to be 40 cars up ther eif not more, wondering if this was "the meet" Ken was refering too? Managed to get annoyed by a del sol nearly the entire way home, until I had to school him on "traffic negotiation". Funny, i never got picked on while i was driving my dsm, must of been the fmic, but heaven forbid you drive a Honda in these parts, you're automatically a target!
Old May 11, 2007, 05:44 AM

foo7ch u said ur in Tradition? I'm assuming your renting if you are a future psl resident. whats the rent like over there. more than liely i'll be managing the Olive Garden that is being built out there, and was wondering what rent was going t be like. Welcome to the area! Just when i thought this was a dead spot for car enthusiasts. I drove by Bravo on the way home from my friends house, had to be 40 cars up ther eif not more, wondering if this was "the meet" Ken was refering too? Managed to get annoyed by a del sol nearly the entire way home, until I had to school him on "traffic negotiation". Funny, i never got picked on while i was driving my dsm, must of been the fmic, but heaven forbid you drive a Honda in these parts, you're automatically a target!
That's actually where we did go lol. There was definately ALOT of crap out there, but you just had to search through it to find some good cars. A couple boosted hatches, camaros, trans-ams, evo's. We have something lined up for Saturday if you guys wanna head out there again.
Old May 11, 2007, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by KenBoost
That's actually where we did go lol. There was definately ALOT of crap out there, but you just had to search through it to find some good cars. A couple boosted hatches, camaros, trans-ams, evo's. We have something lined up for Saturday if you guys wanna head out there again.
Saturday might be good if I don't get called into work. I'll check in here to see if its still on Sat evening.

Boosted99 - Yeah, I picked up on the Thurs post a little late too... and I went to bike night anyway. I don't live in Tradition. 4g63 T might be moving there, I was just welcoming him to SLC.

Havent seen Ev06 in here, but he just got tuned and put a MBC and ABM on. I'll have to get him to show up.
Old May 11, 2007, 12:54 PM

Cool. maybe we'll show up Sat. night then. I have a flat red civic hatch (until I sell my dsm, then finally I'll be an Evo owner) so keep an eye out for that and/ or a red SRT-4 with a "STREETSTAR" sticker in the rear side windows. That's me(Anthony) and my boy Jason. Possibly a stock red evo 9 (Ray) boosted gunmetal EK Hatch with Takata green Volks (Jonathan), and that's about the extent of my friends lol.
Old May 11, 2007, 05:45 PM

Cool. maybe we'll show up Sat. night then. I have a flat red civic hatch (until I sell my dsm, then finally I'll be an Evo owner) so keep an eye out for that and/ or a red SRT-4 with a "STREETSTAR" sticker in the rear side windows. That's me(Anthony) and my boy Jason. Possibly a stock red evo 9 (Ray) boosted gunmetal EK Hatch with Takata green Volks (Jonathan), and that's about the extent of my friends lol.

Alright man sounds good. I'll keep you guys posted. I should have a few ppl with me as well.

Quick Reply: Port Saint Lucie Florida