Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Will Mitsubishi void my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Mitsubishi void my warranty?

Right now my car has only cat-back.
Had downpipe for 1 day but was rubbing so took it out. Got some few rubs on ACD. Also I stripped the o2 housing(getting new stock o2 housing to replace).
I want to take it to dealership to check on my clutch. I get grind from 1st and 2nd gear.
I know this is not new. I had 1st and 2nd gear grind since day 1. Now my car is grinding 5th gear. But it doesnt grind when I take off 4th gear and wait sec from neutral then to 5th gear. Also I have to push all the way to the right to get it in.
Its not big problem right now but to make sure(dont want whole clutch to grind)

about 2600 miles 4months old. I'm military service so dont get to drive alot(only night and weekends)

Thank you
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it really depends on the dealer...

one dealer told me that i beat on the car cause of uneven tire wear ( or what normal peopel call factory alignment, inside usually wears out first)

i put all my mods back on and ignored it for another months before i was fed up, took it to a different dealer wtih tbe, mbc, shortshifter intake and bunch more. they gave me a loaner and it was ready in a week. no questions asked..

cheers!
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joon82
Right now my car has only cat-back.
Had downpipe for 1 day but was rubbing so took it out. Got some few rubs on ACD. Also I stripped the o2 housing(getting new stock o2 housing to replace).
I want to take it to dealership to check on my clutch. I get grind from 1st and 2nd gear.
I know this is not new. I had 1st and 2nd gear grind since day 1. Now my car is grinding 5th gear. But it doesnt grind when I take off 4th gear and wait sec from neutral then to 5th gear. Also I have to push all the way to the right to get it in.
Its not big problem right now but to make sure(dont want whole clutch to grind)

about 2600 miles 4months old. I'm military service so dont get to drive alot(only night and weekends)

Thank you
You might also want to check out this thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...gearbox+crunch

regarding your gearbox crunching/grinding -- pretty common, i've got the same problem with mine.