Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

:( Unable to drive

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is Why no-one should EVER buy a used EVO..just think you could've got a new one and had a fresh start....you vented so I commented you may not like it but I can't understand why anyone would buy a used highperformance auto..any brand model....for a few dollars...car payment they could have a NEW Car with NO Issues...
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

so when do you get home to your beautiful baby!!!!
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostinjuice
so when do you get home to your beautiful baby!!!!
Should be the end of June or the beginning of July... Well that is if the president doesn't make another change. Units that have been here longer then us and were ready to go home had to stay out here another 6 months
Old Mar 28, 2007, 01:31 PM

i know how u feel kinda i bought my evo in november and it was broken in the tranny. i drove it for about 3 weeks and my tranny took a crap on me and i have made 5 payments on it and it still isnt driveable yet.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Correct me if I'm wrong.....

I do not recall 03 Evo's having the SSL available as an option.

Yes / No.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
Well hey, you shouldn't feel so bad, wanna hear my situation:

I bought me a wonderful 2006 Electric Blue-Evo IX, I got about maybe 100 miles, maybe less... IDK... I got over $20,000 in bought parts and toys. I made over $18,000 worth in payments. I got so many big plans and so many ideas, it's not even funny. But the worst is... I have never seen my car! I've never seen a single key or better yet smell the "New Smell" in it.

Reason: I'm Deployed!! It'll be a total of 545 days of just having my friends send me pictures of my ride and not seeing it in person. To hear it, I have to call my mother when she does the weekly drive around the neighborhood. It's funny too... I'll tell her to "go to the long strip" which is out on back side of the neighborhood. I'll tell her "mash it and give it all you got!" Just to hear it spool... Sucks though because I have to tell her to keep quiet... The speed makes her scream...

I had her mail me my owners manual and everything just to read what it had and what I had bought. I had multiple friends look at it and tell me what it looks like, felt like, and sound it like... No one has drove it except my mother from the dealer after I bought it she now just drives it so it doesn't f up sitting there in the garage. You wanna talk about a situation that sucks... that it right there... No way to even know what I have exactly, my friends unwrap my CF stuff or other toys and take pictures to see if it made it okay, re-wrap it back up and put it back in the box so it waits for me to get home... it really sucks

That does suck but we all greatly appreciate your service!
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Crap, I am wrong about the ssl. But I do have a sunroof!

And to the comment about me not buying new: I paid less than 20k for my car. payments are only 241 a month. verses new? try almost 30k, higher insurance for being a 06 instead of a 03, and a MUCH higher car payment. So I think I will keep the used one.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scoob2evo
That does suck but we all greatly appreciate your service!
AMEN!! If I wasnt afraid of my dad killing me, I prob would have joined.