Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Safe to not recirculate stock bov?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2007, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safe to not recirculate stock bov?

Is it safe to not circulate the stock bov? Got the injen upper intercooler pipes and CAI but I think CAI is for 8 without ACD only(ACD fluid bottle is on the way).

Also what is the hose that coming out of intake? I see one coming from engine, one for bov, and I see one on bottom that goes to some plug near
CAI only has one hole (i think thats for hose from engine)
sorry took picture after i took out that plug but plug goes to that red squre.

If I put that CAI on, I cant have my bov recirculate.
Attached Thumbnails Safe to not recirculate stock bov?-injen4.jpg   Safe to not recirculate stock bov?-cai.jpg  
Old Mar 31, 2007, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

if you dont rec. your car is gonna run like crap. Rough idle,stalling etc.I,m not sure what your talking about with the hoses. But leave your stock bov alone even if you mod. Its an excellent bov that can hold an easy 24-25 psi and give you great driveability.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

yes I know stock bov is great but want to put the intake or I need to get intake for 9s.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Danny23
if you dont rec. your car is gonna run like crap. Rough idle,stalling etc.I,m not sure what your talking about with the hoses. But leave your stock bov alone even if you mod. Its an excellent bov that can hold an easy 24-25 psi and give you great driveability.

If your going to talk like that its cause of ill experiance. Im running a Tial 50mm with come Comp 280s, 1000cc injectors...ALL on the stock ECU With No Side effects, its all in the tune my friend...

You might want to try searching though for a bit more info theres a ton of people that have already been through your stages.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Keep your stock BOV its metal vs. the plastic ones the 8's have
Old Apr 2, 2007, 01:29 AM

joon82,
it might be because you need the injen lower i/c piping as well..

i saw on the lancershop website that the injen intake w/ intercooler piping works for evo viii and ix, and i know that the 05 evo viii has acd also so you may be doing something wrong.

no offense but could you try to explain with a few more pictures because i would like to "see" the problem. (I actually just ordered the injen kit yesterday and may need the same help)
Old Apr 2, 2007, 02:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Danny23
+1

I dont get your question bout the pic that your talking about but i do have the kit that you have the injen w/ upper ic installed and i did reciculate my bov but the lower intercooler pipe isnt required i still have my stock one on

Last edited by rlui0514; Apr 2, 2007 at 02:13 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 02:21 AM
Evolved Member

VIII