Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

EVO Pros and Cons?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2007, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insurance, Gas, Maintenence (both with severe problems [i.e. transfer case replacement ~2600] and normal maintenence), and Reliability.

Those are my cons, other than that, every pro you can think of is there, at least for a 20 year old (meaning, I could care less how stiff the ride is etc)

It is doubtfully aftermarket, I've driven a few WRXs and STis, their clutches certainly felt at least noticably softer... But certainly not soft, driving my gf's Acura TSX, that's a soft clutch.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
I just bought one a week ago and its awesome! The clutch is pretty stiff and my 3rd gear is notchy too. And of course the ride is stiff, it is basically a race car, what do you expect. The awesomeness definitely outweighs the negatives. If all those things bother you get an accord imo.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

People complain from the Evos harsh ride allot....I can't help it and I have to say something...The Evos ride is VERY pleasant compared to other sport cars with comparable performance...now...if you compare it to an old Camry...then yeah ..the Evo is worse...but compare it to fast cars like M3s and Vettes.....try the M3....VERY stiff...Excellent for corners..but for a luxury car its not that comfortable, which it ((should not be)) since it could take a track day with the same trim.

The point of all this is....If you want the Evo to feel more comfortable then go a head and sacrifice performance...you have to give up something to get another...to tell you the truth...I am still surprised of how nice the Evo feels on the road and it still handles great.

People.....please dont compare the Evo to your last Jetta

I have coilovers on the Evo...and it still feels better than my last C5

aaaaah...I feel better
Old Apr 3, 2007, 04:21 PM

pros:

handling
acceleration
nice tires

cons:

bad gas mileage
plain interior

in additon, I actually like the styling of evo's, but most disagree, especially non-enthusiasts (I've been called everything from a take-out box on wheels to a corolla with a huge spolier (wing to us)