Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

400WHP/400WTQ on EVO IX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ill-luzion
This is for the people that are stating that Evo IX's can't make 400WHP/400WTQ plus without meth or a bigger turbo. Right now i have:

AMS LICP
UR CATBACK
UR STRAIGHT PIPE
UR DOWNPIPE
GSC S1 CAMS
K&N DROP IN FILTER
HALLMAN MBC

I made 340WHP and 360WTQ @ 26psi on 93 pump gas without the gsc s1 cams. I have not dynoed the car with the cams yet. Hopefully Jestr will be coming down here to custom tune my car again. When he comes down i will have a couple more mods. The mods will be:

FULLRACE MANIFOLD
HKS RS INTAKE
HKS CAM GEARS
AMS UICP
AMS FMIC
o2 HOUSING

With these mods i am sure i will be at 400WHP/400WTQ or more with Jestr custom tuning my car. I hope this motivates people that are wanting big power but using the stock turbo and not using meth/alky. I'll post up dyno numbers when i have this all done.
well... i hate to be the bubble burster but there is no way in hell you will see those numbers with the mods you are planning on adding. Partially because the cam gears dont exist yet, but mainly because changing the mani, adding an open filter intake will not give you that much more HP. Also, running 26 psi on 93 octane gas is just plain retarded. if you were at 340/360 before... welcome to the world of 350/350 or 340. You will lose some TQ with the FMIC, You will gain some with the O2. There is a reason why your title says newbie, please read before making a rediculous thread title about some numbers you claim and have no chance in hell of hitting without meth or a bigger turbo. Ill give you this.... your name on here "ill-luzion" hits you dead on
Old Apr 5, 2007, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the only way you're gonna come even close to that figure on the stock turbo AND pump gas w/o meth is with every bolt on imagineable, AEM EMS, AND headwork.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 06:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 i'd say you could possibly get there if you tune very aggresively for a little extra kick. seems like you already are and only making 340whp. i'm going to estimate you make 380whp tops. With methanol 400whp would be possible on a more realistic tune. I did some testing running a higher boost like that and after 15-20 min of driving hard the car slowly went from 0 knock to 6 knock....if i kept beating on it im sure the trend would have continued.

cheers!

Originally Posted by ShamelessCookie
Good luck... but I'll be surprised if you hit that mark.

I'm going a similar route, only using Buschur parts and minus the manifold you have...

I'll also have a fuel pump, injectors, and a 20G-9LT... and I'll be happy if I hit 400/400... so if you can do it on stock pump, stock injectors, stock turbo, and stock ECU... then I'd be shocked.

Your cams don't provide more than 15 or so whp... what they do is help flatten the curves for smoother delivery.

The FMIC, manifold, intake, and O2 are 35whp tops.

By my estimate, that puts you (at the very best) at 385whp
Old Apr 5, 2007, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope you meet your goal, but I'd be suprised. 26 psi on 93, huh? That seems a little dangerous, doesn't it?

What's funny is that if this car was dynoed here in California on a local DD or MD, using 93 octane (which we obviously don't have), it would probably make 330whp or so. Sucks for us out here!
Old Apr 5, 2007, 07:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You are running too much boost on pump gas. Plain and simple you are going to hurt your motor.

The mods you listed will not hit 400/400 whp on an accurately reading dyno. Its simply not going to happen.

I highly doubt you will break 365 but best of luck

eric
Old Apr 5, 2007, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
haha. for those of u who think this thread is useless, raise your hand
+1 good luck with 400/400 bruddah
Old Apr 5, 2007, 07:16 AM
Account Disabled

just get a meth kit and call it a day...
Old Apr 5, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

I think you can hit between 360 to 380whp with all those mods, but I just don't see you hitting 400whp. We will have to wait and see how much you gain from the GSC S1 Cams, although I believe the S1s make great power under the curve, but I don't think they make as much peak power as the Cosworth.

Now do I think 400whp can be achieved on a stock turbo IX w/ no meth and pump gas, yes, but I believe it will not be common and would have to be an especially powerful running EVO IX or a very high reading dyno. Even if 400whp is hit, it will be nice, but with so many dynos reading differently it's really not that important in my opinion. Your gains is what matters the most. Now a stock turbo no meth and pump gas EVO IX trapping 120mph in the 1/4 mile, now that would be impressive!
Old Apr 5, 2007, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

I bet you if you got tuned w/ an AEM EMS you would hit 400whp and pretty easily too. It has actually been done several times with AEM EMS. I mean you didn't say stock ECU. I always forget about the AEM EMS, not many IXs are running it, but the ones that have been running it have all put down extremely impressive numbers.

AMS LICP
UR CATBACK
UR STRAIGHT PIPE
UR DOWNPIPE
GSC S1 CAMS
HALLMAN MBC
FULLRACE MANIFOLD
HKS RS INTAKE
AMS UICP
AMS FMIC
o2 HOUSING
AEM EMS with a good tune from an experienced tuner

There you go 400whp and stock turbo

Last edited by 3000ways; Apr 5, 2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

+1 on getting meth to aid in reaching your goal I think it could be done on stock ecu.. (dynojet)
Old Apr 5, 2007, 09:07 AM

400whp is nice for bragging purposes, but try not to get so hung up on a specific number. It's more about how the car feels when you drive it, and what your purpose for it is. Also motor safety and reliably is important to say the least...
Old Apr 5, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

shameless, you still planning on running 20glt with stock cams and stock manifold? The stock 9 turbo is a very good unit - it would be a shame if you replace it before maxing it out

Just think about it - you are gonna loose 200-300 rpm spool and around 25-30HP from what you could have had with an optimized setup...

Originally Posted by ShamelessCookie
Good luck... but I'll be surprised if you hit that mark.

I'm going a similar route, only using Buschur parts and minus the manifold you have...

I'll also have a fuel pump, injectors, and a 20G-9LT... and I'll be happy if I hit 400/400... so if you can do it on stock pump, stock injectors, stock turbo, and stock ECU... then I'd be shocked.

Your cams don't provide more than 15 or so whp... what they do is help flatten the curves for smoother delivery.

The FMIC, manifold, intake, and O2 are 35whp tops.

By my estimate, that puts you (at the very best) at 385whp
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

do it jeff !
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

You're not going to hit 400whp unless you convert to an EMS or run alky/meth. So keep dreaming.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck.
I have my doubts like others but keep us posted.

Quick Reply: 400WHP/400WTQ on EVO IX