Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

IX GSR vs. IX GSR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IX GSR vs. IX GSR

Mmods are full 3" tbe turboxs, HKS intake, boost controller, walbro fuel pump and a Jestr custome tune @ 24 psi. Ran another EB IX and we were pretty much neck and neck. I later came to find out his mods are the same as mine except he has upper and lower intercooler piping and no fuel pump I don't think and also he wasn't tuned. Now I had my girl with me in the car and stuff in the backseat and trunk. He says I should have smoked him no problem. Now is there a problem with how my car is running or what's going on?!? If I should have smoked him and we were neck and neck. Just trying to see how an IX with those mods and no tune can practically keep up with pretty much the same exact car and a tune?!?! any ideas guys?!?!

Last edited by ElectricEvoIX; Apr 5, 2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

Street Racing is against Evolutionm.net's rules and should never be posted on their forum. This thread will likely be deleted, please, make sure you don't violate the member agreement, you need to reread it.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

it was a closed portion of the highway and the cops were notified, isnt that right?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

+1 (maybe should have said..."at the dragstrip" and posted it in that forum
Old Apr 5, 2007, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

thanx guys for the warning, some minor changes lol but does anyone have any feedback on what I said before?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont' mean any disrespect but different drivers + weight differnece maybe
Old Apr 5, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Varrius
Street Racing is against Evolutionm.net's rules and should never be posted on their forum. This thread will likely be deleted, please, make sure you don't violate the member agreement, you need to reread it.
Why are you trying to act like an moderator?

Racing from rolls depends on a lot of things, go the drag strip and come back with your trap speed b/c that would be a better indication of hp.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Like someone else said, driver skill + weight of vehicle is something to take into consideration.. if cars are equal in power. Which they probably are close to being.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

no disrepsect taken I guess what i'm targeting it is, I'm tuned versus almost exact same mods without a tune, implications of that? Trying to see was my tune really that much bang for the buck.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by m4tt VIII
i dont' mean any disrespect but different drivers + weight differnece maybe
Very true, plus you never know some IXs are stronger than other IXs from the factory. I mean you have put down 326whp, which is pretty good for your mods, but some untuned IXs have put down 300 to 310whp and once tuned they go up to like 330 to 340whp or sometimes more. My point is given the weight difference and other potential factors sometimes you just don't know.

I saw just a couple of weeks ago at my local 1/8 mile strip there was a IX GSR with just a drop in air filter, muffler modification , ACT clutch and flywheel, and 100 octane running 7.9-8.0s@86-87mph. That is very fast for that drag strip believe me, especially with his mods. For comparison sake, most stock EVO IXs run 8.4-8.6@80-82mph there, and most tuned and bolt on IXs run 7.8-8.0@86-88mph. Imagine when that IX gets tuned and a full exhaust
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thatguy
Why are you trying to act like an moderator?
he forgot to tell him to brush his teeth. I love the "reread the member agreement"

Last edited by CAD EVO; Apr 5, 2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

just gonna have to track to see how we can run head to head again. I just thought that tuned vs. untuned would be an obvious difference.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ElectricEvoIX
just gonna have to track to see how we can run head to head again. I just thought that tuned vs. untuned would be an obvious difference.
maybe your dyno tune wasn't good for the street. some cars only make power on the dyno but not on the street. Agressive dyno tunes usually falls in to that catagory. If not, you got a bad gas in your tank.
Also, you won't see the obvious result unless you gain like more than100whp. 20~40whp difference from 300whp car isn't that much a difference.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

have you noticed any difference in power when driving the car? could be a boost leak... maybe a very slight one at that.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolved83
have you noticed any difference in power when driving the car? could be a boost leak... maybe a very slight one at that.
We found out I had a boost leak while my car was on the dyno so that threw off my numbers, but mike fixed it up for me good and he drove my car pretty hard and gave it the ok, boost was holding fine and not dropping 6-7 psi like it was before. Obviously after the tune I noticed a difference from bone stock compared to after the tune. The car pulled harder obviously and everything else was good and boost was holding good and hard after the leak was fixed. I also know weather can play a role in the performance of the car as well as the driving and the weight and all.