Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo IX GG SE or EVO IX MR SE? Which One?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2007, 12:50 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
most people choose the 5 spd for drag. People like the 6spd for Road Race, but more and more are moving to 5 for that also.

The only MR advantage is the suspension (easily had for your difference in price) and a slightly lower RPM on the highway. I feel like the MR is more rare, but I went with the regular SE and never looked back
Old Apr 19, 2007, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

+1 for the MR SE for being Rare! damn it...

This is getting harder and harder...

The main reason im getting rid of the RSX is that so my wife quits stealing my s2k, and i want something different. I looked into mitsubishi`s financing today, its like 6-7% to finance the Evo 36-60 months. That rate is jacked up even for a beacon score of 728-736. I got our Honda and Acura at 4.99% for new and certified pre-owned.

I cant believe mitsubishi still thinks that the Evo 9 is a prime commodity right now when everyone else is waiting for the Evo X. which i like, but dont wanna pay $40,000 FOR it. Thats what the dealers are saying for the 1st year , people will be paying MSRP or More...

same damn dealership has another S2000 04 30xxx miles for $16,000 we test drove it and it was like brand new. Im even tempted in getting that one. If the financing falls through i`ll just get another s2000. That kinda solves my problem, but leaves me with no room for groceries and luggage stuff. hence we got that damn RSX(reliable but not an EVO)
Old Apr 20, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Why are you set on getting financing from Mitsubishi? Check out Capital One Auto Finance...they usually have pretty decent rates. Also check your local credit unions as they will most likely have the best deal. When I got my MR from the dealer they gave me an interest rate from a nearby private credit union that I wasn't even eligible for (Lockheed Financial Credit Union) because that CU is only for employees of Lockheed but somehow the dealer took care of that.

Originally Posted by Blitz
When I was ready to buy my car, I was dead set on Wicked White. There was no question that it was what I wanted. Unfortunately, the dealership could not locate a white IX anywhere in the Midwest or even in the country (this was three months ago, so the Evos had stopped shipping). By that time, I had gotten the price down to around $30,000 by calling Southcoast on the phone and getting a quote on a new IX. Since the local dealership couldn't find the color I wanted, they were willing to give me a Graphite Gray for $28,500 right then and there. It came down to yes or no. They asked me flat out if I was going to drive an Evo home that night. I told them I would sleep on it, knowing full well that I would feel like crap every time I saw a WW Evo from that moment on if I had one in another color.

I went home and called Southcoast. They said they had one (!) white IX left in stock. I booked tickets for California. A few hours before we were set to fly, I got a call from the dealership. Someone had just traded in a Wicked White IX MR with 3,000 miles on the odometer and they were willing to give it to me for under $30,000. I jumped on it. I hadn't even been in the market for an MR, and managed to get one in the color I wanted close to home for around the same price I would have paid for a new white IX at Southcoast. If I had only said yes when they asked me if I wanted the Graphite Gray that night, someone else would be driving my car right now.

Moral of the story: if you know in your heart that you really, really want a certain color, don't settle for anything else. You aren't buying the car for a day or two. You'll be happy you did later.
I can completely agree with the above said. I changed my mind around a few times about color while I was still deciding...but come the time to purchase, I was dead set on getting a WW IX MR. Huntington Beach Mitsubishi had 1 left and they held it for 3 weeks for me with a sold sign on it, even though I had not processed a deposit or paperwork. I was not going to settle for GG or AS or any other color...keep in mind unless you've got deep pockets, you're gonna have the car for a couple years. If you end up going to meets and seeing other Evo's around, you don't want to see another Evo in the color you really wanted just sitting there...and get this feeling like, "damn, why didn't I keep looking/wait?"
Old Apr 20, 2007, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

1.9% for 60 months through mitsu now for IXs
Old Apr 20, 2007, 04:50 PM

1.9% where?

6.25% right now from our credit union and 5.9 through some banks...I`d love to have 1.9%
Old Apr 20, 2007, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

You'll be happy in either one...flip a damn coin!