Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How to get louder turbo spool?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2007, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DJmarkymark
+1 on the ricerness
Old Apr 24, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You could also mike the turbo inlet and then instal a 1000WATT PA system to the roof and set it to 11.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by High_PSI
You could also mike the turbo inlet and then instal a 1000WATT PA system to the roof and set it to 11.
You know I did that on my GTI and I think I actually freed up a few ponies!
Old Apr 24, 2007, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just switched 2 a 20-g turbo man that thing is loud. i have apexi intake
Old Apr 24, 2007, 03:48 PM

i've got a bucshur pipe with filter and its pretty loud, you might have mistaken the turbo spoolin for the intake suckin in air
Old Apr 24, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

I know a guy who has a megan racing header, ported o2 housing, and I believe an aftermarket downpipe w/ a turboxs catback. He also has a buschur-style open air intake. That thing just sounds mean. It's an 03. I love the sound of the turbo spoolin'. Deeper sounding than my T25, which has a high pitch to it, as you all with 2G DSM's are aware of.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 05:29 PM

I really appreciate all the helpful posts. For the members posting "smart" answers just to look cool, you're wasting your time posting here, I simply zip right passed those replies...

Anyhow, I forgot to include, I also have Tanabe DP, Perrin Cat, & Espelir CB. All I hear when I'm driving (light or hard) is the HKS RS SUCKING in air.. dont really hear the high pitch spooling noise when I first bought the car.

Another intake that looks really interesting is the Apexi intake with induction box. Seems like it keeps the air cooler and traps in more of the suction noise the HKS RS has. Anyone have some comments on this intake?

I definitely have to have a tune done... I am also doing a reflash in the next few weeks so I would do them at the same time.

Feel free to tune in with some more info, if not, thanks anyways...
Old Apr 24, 2007, 05:34 PM

If anyone thinks I'm trying to spend money on my car to mod it just so I can increase the sound of my turbo, and sound "ricey", thats pretty lame. I just thought the increased spool would come along with the mods I have done so far.

Does the intake pipe itself or the filter element matter more for turbo noise? I know the sound I am hearing is the intake suction noise and not the whistling spool.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 05:40 PM

If anyone thinks I'm trying to spend money on my car to mod it just so I can increase the sound of my turbo, and sound "ricey", thats pretty lame. I just thought the increased spool would come along with the mods I have done so far.
its still there, its just too loud now

i missed it after i added exhaust and intake on my old evo as well

it was a pretty cool noise.. now i dont even have FI anymore...

///M3
Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

get a turbo mp3, throw it on a cd and pop it in your cd player
Old Apr 24, 2007, 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=Does the intake pipe itself or the filter element matter more for turbo noise? I know the sound I am hearing is the intake suction noise and not the whistling spool.[/QUOTE]

It's the filter, i've have the pipe and kit from buschur and i've ran it with just filter and its just as loud as if i had the pipe
Old Apr 24, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

If you want to hear the turbo more then rip out the sound deadening material that is in your car!
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:13 AM
Account Disabled

I wounder if you know how they live in tokyo
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

I think this guy is confusing himself with turbo whine and supercharger whine. Sounds to me like he wants his turbo to whine like a SC and its not going to happen no matter what he does. The intake will let him hear the whoosh of air going into the turbo and he will hear his BOV more. But foreget about the high pitched whine your looking for.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DDDEVO
I know a guy who has a megan racing header, ported o2 housing, and I believe an aftermarket downpipe w/ a turboxs catback. He also has a buschur-style open air intake. That thing just sounds mean. It's an 03. I love the sound of the turbo spoolin'. Deeper sounding than my T25, which has a high pitch to it, as you all with 2G DSM's are aware of.
The T-25 is the 2" Dick of the DSM Turbo World. Such a shame to need a transplant to add some masculinity

Quick Reply: How to get louder turbo spool?