Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

High School Evo Owners?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ambystom01
I noticed this article which is interesting, http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayof...ket/index.html. Look at the stats, 51% of drivers cited for 100 MPH or faster speeds are between the ages of 15 and 24.
"The highest percentage age group for male drivers was 20-24 (34%) followed by age group 15-19 (21%)"

majority of men speeding over 100 are still 20-24 years old
Old Mar 8, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shooot my first vehicle was public transportation...lol
Old Mar 8, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

The way i look at it the young kid does not get it. Its been researched plenty of times that the brain does act differently to different situations depending on age. IF u took any college pysch classes you would know that. Now its good that a high schooler can get a nice car like a evo at a young age. But really its not a good idea for most they just race and crash them than all the isurance goes up for every one. But like i said most there are some perfesonal racers that are only 17 that could handle the evo like it was meant to be handled. Just my 02 but what would i know right kid i mean i don't have a raceing back ground
Old Mar 8, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Ok I'm gonna have to agree with both sides here, my parents did help me and I paid them back cause I have been saving up since i was 15 working at a restaurant, its not my first car and it is possible but extremely difficult to pay for an amazing machine like this one when you are studying.

It is true that we(teenagers) have a level of maturity that's below most adults and i thought i was mature enough to handle the Evo until i got into a fender bender. That's when the switch just flipped and i said f-this I have to be more careful. Ever since then I have been driving like a grandma at the speed limit while my buddies from school in their, GTS's, 350Z's, Honda's, speed by me, street race and get tickets(I have never been stopped in the evo for speeding, the only ticket I've had was from the accident: "careless driving").

They still don't understand the risk's of speeding, cutting-off people and the outcome that it can have. I admit my mistakes and I was your typical kid who'd never driven a fast car before, until life slapped me in the face and now i feel that I take care of my evo even more than i did before....I still like to go to the track and have fun every time I can slip a day off work.

Please guys don't think that you are invulnerable in the evo and that your "Brembos" will save you in time, take it to the track and just blast your music and chill-out in the street...I'm just speaking from experience.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:05 AM

Im a new member, but not at all new to this topic on any mechanical message boards. I have been part of bmw forums since I was 16. I had a stock 325i in high school, it's no evo, but it's not a beater at that age either. I'm now almost 21 and just now acquired all my money ive been saving for 4 years to import an evo vii from Japan. My 325 is fully built now for the track, but i've nearly destroyed that thing several times, does it mean I'm a good driver and can correct things fast? No, I'm not a terrible driver, but I'm 20, I've just been lucky. I have alot of friends who's parents have bought them evo's to brand new bimmers to even a brand new aston martin db7. They've all said the same s*** about how they don't wanna wreck cuz their parents will be upset, and they've all wrecked. Cuz when you're sitting at a stop light and an admirable opponent pulls up, are you gonna roll your window down and say, "my parents bought this and I don't wanna wreck it because it will let them down."? No, you're gonna launch, speed, and hope you can pull through the next corner, and when you don't, that's when you feel bad, not when all cylinders are bangin and you're haulin *** down the road. This topic will always be debated on every message board that has to do with cars. We can't stop people from having rich parents and having them buy or not buy their car in high school, we just have to get over it and accept them as a fell driver of our car of choice. Just my .02 cents while I sit in class.

Last edited by corndogface; Mar 10, 2009 at 11:07 AM.