Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Shipping to APO

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shipping to APO

Not sure where to post this, but for now i will just post it here. I just have a few questions that maybe can be answered by some of the vendors on here. Alot of times you have items listed on here as the prices shipped to the U.S - alaska hawaii, but what i don't understand is because i have an APO address i get charged extra shipping. We'll not from not all vendors but most of them. My understanding is that an APO address is not any different than a stateside address. The only difference is that you have to ship USPS. I get stuff sent here on a regular basis from friends and family and i doesn't cost them any extra money to ship items here. I feel like i'm getting taking advantage of in a way. Can someone explain this to me? Help out the troops alittle bit. I didn't ask to be stationed over here!
Old May 10, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

You are in Bury huh? I am at Lakenheath. You should check out the Lory park in Bury on Sat nights after 9pm. Good times!!!! PM me for my mobile # if interested. You're not the '03 Evo that just removed the wing are ya?

Now to answer your question. APO addy cost the same us US domestic shipping rates IF they ship directly from the P/O. Many don't do that and use a 3rd party like stamps.com or mailboxes etc. They WILL charge more.
Old May 10, 2007, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bonestock!
You are in Bury huh? I am at Lakenheath. You should check out the Lory park in Bury on Sat nights after 9pm. Good times!!!! PM me for my mobile # if interested. You're not the '03 Evo that just removed the wing are ya?

Now to answer your question. APO addy cost the same us US domestic shipping rates IF they ship directly from the P/O. Many don't do that and use a 3rd party like stamps.com or mailboxes etc. They WILL charge more.

Yeah that's me. There's not too many of our kind around here. I think there is a blue one somewhere around here. But he drives it rarely. Wing faded as most of them do. Got it fixed, but there was rust underneath where mitsu didn't put some tape down. I have to fix that before i put it on. Cost me like 140 POUNDS to reclear coat my wing! they rob you over here. I see your trying to sell your ride. I was thinking about selling mine as we'll but i love it too much. How in the hell do you only have 9000 miles. I'm up to 66000! Put 25,000 in the last year commuting from bury to base.My car is pretty much stock right now. Trying to get ahold of an TBE if someone will ship to me. That's pretty much what this thread is about. Some vendors offering exhausts as prices SHIPPED then when they see i'm APO it's like 75-150 dollars more.
Old May 10, 2007, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Pay more?

Why don't you ask the poast office how much it is to ship something and then ask UPS. The reason it cost more for us to an apo is cause in the states it really cheap to use services like UPS FedEx DLH with in the us. So when you get charged extra its cause to ship to an apo you must ship USPM. Does that awnswe your question. If your woundering Ive Lived over in europe for over 8 years on my own and 9 with my family. Thats 17+ years here. Hope that was helpful
Old May 10, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WongFu
Why don't you ask the poast office how much it is to ship something and then ask UPS. The reason it cost more for us to an apo is cause in the states it really cheap to use services like UPS FedEx DLH with in the us. So when you get charged extra its cause to ship to an apo you must ship USPM. Does that awnswe your question. If your woundering Ive Lived over in europe for over 8 years on my own and 9 with my family. Thats 17+ years here. Hope that was helpful
i can't ask UPS anything UPS is't here. I'm just frustrated. I've been trying to get an exhaust and some vendors are giving me free shipping and some are trying to charge me an arm and a leg. Gruppe-s is the only one so far that was going to give a good deal but they were out of stock. GO FIGURE!
Old May 10, 2007, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

We thought about selling it and I had an AIC (like he had a chance) looking at it. When it came down to it, I couldn't sell it. Mine only has 9k miles because I rarely drive it. Its a play toy. I am taking it to the Ring in July! Thats gonna be EPIC! My wing had a small white spot on it when we shipped it here in December. Now its getting bad but not peeling or anything. I am gonna take it to Mitsu to get some warranty work on it when we PCS in Oct.

Lets see, I have had the following ship here:
CVR
Gruppe S
Buschur
JSC
Invision Evo
Lancer shop
Import Image
Summit Racing
Jegs
Nolimit
Subydude
Forced Performance
Blouch
Deadbolt

and loads more. I cant keep up with all of them! Sometimes a few vendors will charge slightly more but at the end of the day, I am happy they will ship to us.

Last edited by Bonestock!; May 10, 2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old May 10, 2007, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info!
Old May 10, 2007, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by karlzhot
i can't ask UPS anything UPS is't here. I'm just frustrated. I've been trying to get an exhaust and some vendors are giving me free shipping and some are trying to charge me an arm and a leg. Gruppe-s is the only one so far that was going to give a good deal but they were out of stock. GO FIGURE!
UPS ships here. Only one MAJOR problem with that. It has to go to your local addy and then you get hit with VAT/Duty. But the guy above is correct. 99% of advertised shipped prices are quoted using UPS so USPS shipping will be slightly higher.

Oh yeah,, if you want something big like a TBE, order it from an east coast shop or you will be waiting for ever. CVR is in NY and thats where the APO center is so shipping is quick and cheap.

Last edited by Bonestock!; May 10, 2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old May 10, 2007, 02:37 PM
Pocket Mo

Originally Posted by karlzhot
Not sure where to post this, but for now i will just post it here. I just have a few questions that maybe can be answered by some of the vendors on here. Alot of times you have items listed on here as the prices shipped to the U.S - alaska hawaii, but what i don't understand is because i have an APO address i get charged extra shipping. We'll not from not all vendors but most of them. My understanding is that an APO address is not any different than a stateside address. The only difference is that you have to ship USPS. I get stuff sent here on a regular basis from friends and family and i doesn't cost them any extra money to ship items here. I feel like i'm getting taking advantage of in a way. Can someone explain this to me? Help out the troops alittle bit. I didn't ask to be stationed over here!
It's usually because large carriers like UPS and FedEx offer discounted shipping rates to companies that ship out a large volume of packages. Only USPS will ship to an APO address and they do not have any types of discounted rates for businesses.

For example, vendor A can ship out an exhaust system for $75. That same box and weight would cost me $120 to ship to a similar location. The USPS charges $90 regardless of who's sending it. The vendor would have to charge you $90 instead of the $75 rate they could get with UPS because UPS and FedEx cannot deliver to an APO address.

Hope this helps and stay safe over there.
Old May 10, 2007, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by andysoo8284
It's usually because large carriers like UPS and FedEx offer discounted shipping rates to companies that ship out a large volume of packages. Only USPS will ship to an APO address and they do not have any types of discounted rates for businesses.

For example, vendor A can ship out an exhaust system for $75. That same box and weight would cost me $120 to ship to a similar location. The USPS charges $90 regardless of who's sending it. The vendor would have to charge you $90 instead of the $75 rate they could get with UPS because UPS and FedEx cannot deliver to an APO address.

Hope this helps and stay safe over there.
Thanks! makes sense, but still sucks.