Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Stages?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rich EVO MR SE
Now you're aware.
Ah...not really. You still have not given your location. Not provided even one link to an incident of someone paying a fine. Nor a link to any quoted local or state law or regulation.

If what you say is true, and it may very well be, then there should be plenty of references you can post/quote.

BOT, if someone did want to create their own "stages" simply due to the cost effectiveness of tuning and dyno use, what would be the wisest groupings of mods?

And, if Rich is correct, what is the highest flowing cat? Has anyone running a cat done any research on cats? Or are you using an OEM cat? Or a high-flow cat?

Thanks,
Jim in Tucson
Old May 13, 2007, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim in Tucson
I simply made them up; It's my car. I described what made sense to me and is working for me. Maybe it would work for someone else. Maybe not.

Ah...you have to keep your bottle filled! If not, KA-BOOM!

This is your car, right? So you can mod it anyway you choose. However, I think you might be the only modded EVO with just Meth.

Let's see. Seven divided by two. Yep, your right, 3.5.
So you made up stages for your car?

Meth isn't stored in a bottle. It's a tank. I don't have meth, but I'm considering buying it. It's the best bang for the buck. You can do a lot more with meth than you can with a full catback. If people on these boards would stop being lemmings and think for themselves, they'd realize a better path to modding their cars than what people are currently following.

But I'm off topic and I believe you are missing the point.

Stages are not standardized so you can't give them any sort of meaning nor discuss them in a knowledegable manner. The list you gave really means nothing to me nor others on this forum.
Old May 13, 2007, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SophieSleeps
So you made up stages for your car?
Absolutely. It's my car, I can mod it any way I choose. You can do the same with your car.

Stages are not standardized so you can't give them any sort of meaning nor discuss them in a knowledgeable manner.
O contraire! I made up the stages I'm using, so I can most certainly give them meaning and discuss them in a knowledgeable manner.

The list you gave really means nothing to me nor others on this forum.
I don't see how you can honestly speak for others on this forum. I know I certainly can't.
Old May 13, 2007, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

I have a megan downpipe , HFC and greddy SP2 exhaust. I had a testpipe originally but changed to a HFC just to be safe. The volume is almost exactly the same at all speeds but I did notice a slight loss of that throw you back in the seat fast feeling at WOT.
Old May 13, 2007, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely. It's my car, I can mod it any way I choose. You can do the same with your car.
I never said you couldn't nor did I suggest you mod it any any way.

O contraire! I made up the stages I'm using, so I can most certainly give them meaning and discuss them in a knowledgeable manner.
You're free to make up any name you want to.

You can all your turbo a purple gumpelator if you want to.
If you want to have a discussion with other people, they're not gonna have a clue what you're talking about.

I don't see how you can honestly speak for others on this forum. I know I certainly can't.
Then why do you think you can legitemately discuss your mods in "stages" if you made them up yourself and no one else knows what they are?

This isn't personal. Don't get me wrong.
I have nothing against you.

but making up your own names for levels of modification to your car is infantile.
You might as well just tell people that you drive a Stage 11 EVO and then explain to them that your staging terminology begins at Stage 10.

But to each his own. Good luck with your ride. Looks like you have some good mods in your signature.

(by the way, if you have your own system for "stages" why do you list your individual mods in your signature? If everyone knew what stages were, why wouldn't you just list your stage in your signature? )
Old May 14, 2007, 03:51 AM
Evolved Member

And, if Rich is correct, what is the highest flowing cat? Has anyone running a cat done any research on cats? Or are you using an OEM cat? Or a high-flow cat?

Thanks,
Jim in Tucson
Ultimate Racing makes a nice one that is not too expensive...There are better ones depending on your HP goals, but they cost a lot more.