Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

ssq vs ssq2

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2007, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ssq vs ssq2

I've heard that when vented to atmosphere that the hks ssq is not that effective of a bov for some reason, not sure why. does anyone know if the hks ssq2 has fixed the promlem or anything good or bad about the bov that you know of?
Old May 17, 2007, 01:40 AM
Evolved Member

ummm is there even a ssq2? There is a recirculation adapter that plugs onto the end of the SSQ so it can be rerouted....if that's what you're thinking about then yes it'll work best since it not venting out your metered air. I'll start the ranting about using el searcho button as the BOV topic has been dogged for a while now, and when it comes to BOV and you aren't pushing 25+psi, get yourself a stock EVO IX diverter valve, bypass valve, recirculated BOV, whatever name floats your boat.
Old May 17, 2007, 01:54 AM
Evolved Member

a few things, yes there is a version 2. Next off everyone hates on the hks bov because they say its too loud and claim it doesnt hold boost. . But yet I have the hks ssqv and It holds 23psi all day No tapper. O and to clarify, I have the one of the worst boost controllers and bov's according to most people on here (hks ssqv and turbo x's mbc) but guess what. . No boost leak, and no tapper 23 psi ALL DAY!!
Old May 17, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nissan2Evo
ummm is there even a ssq2? There is a recirculation adapter that plugs onto the end of the SSQ so it can be rerouted....if that's what you're thinking about then yes it'll work best since it not venting out your metered air. I'll start the ranting about using el searcho button as the BOV topic has been dogged for a while now, and when it comes to BOV and you aren't pushing 25+psi, get yourself a stock EVO IX diverter valve, bypass valve, recirculated BOV, whatever name floats your boat.
stock valves leak a lot...
id upgrade to something that can be recirculated
Old May 17, 2007, 05:51 PM
Pocket Mo

This topic's been beaten to death. Stay away from the HKS SSQV even with the recirc adapter. Forge makes very nice DVs that hold boost like a champ and don't cause any sort of problems with the Evos.
Old May 17, 2007, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by subrwho
a few things, yes there is a version 2. Next off everyone hates on the hks bov because they say its too loud and claim it doesnt hold boost. . But yet I have the hks ssqv and It holds 23psi all day No tapper. O and to clarify, I have the one of the worst boost controllers and bov's according to most people on here (hks ssqv and turbo x's mbc) but guess what. . No boost leak, and no tapper 23 psi ALL DAY!!
members "hate" on the hks ssqv because of the drivability issues associated with it. op, if you are looking to hear the woosh sound, just get a buschar cone filter. if you are looking for a good bov that holds boost, get a jdm mr bov, evo 9 bov, or a forge.
Old May 17, 2007, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo150
members "hate" on the hks ssqv because of the drivability issues associated with it. op, if you are looking to hear the woosh sound, just get a buschar cone filter. if you are looking for a good bov that holds boost, get a jdm mr bov, evo 9 bov, or a forge.
Mine hold boost just fine
had a forge before, didn't like it. I'll stick with the hks ssqv, it works fine for me and always has on all my turboed cars.
Old May 17, 2007, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by subrwho
Mine hold boost just fine
had a forge before, didn't like it. I'll stick with the hks ssqv, it works fine for me and always has on all my turboed cars.
i am sure it does hold boost fine. but the majority,not all, members that have run the ssqv on the evo had issues with it. im a hks fan myself and would probably run one but to many issues
Old May 21, 2007, 01:12 AM

my question is though, is there a big difference between the 1 and the 2? ive seen the 2 on lancershops website and i figure if it is the second version, then maybe they have gotten some kinks out. so anyone use the 2nd or know someone that has?