Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Agency Power...VS...HKS carbon Ti...VS..Greddy Ti-c..

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2007, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by groove304
I considered the AP exhaust. I just hate the metal band it uses to hold up the muffler. Looks ugly as hell.
I hear ya, but I cant even see it unless im under the car, so from sides and rear views it looks great!
Old May 25, 2007, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by esevo
I hear ya, but I cant even see it unless im under the car, so from sides and rear views it looks great!
I'm sure a bracket can be welded to the top and attached to the hangers. Just wasn't worth the headache in my opinion. I don't know why they don't just make them like that. Great looking exhaust otherwise...
Old May 25, 2007, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

cause it is real ti you cant weld it to SS, it would have to be a ti hanger which would make cost much more, but I can understand what you mean!!
Old May 25, 2007, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DonHugo
sound clip of the ap?

Sound Clip of Agency Power Exhaust: Click Here
Old May 25, 2007, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

ive had the hks carbon ti on 3 of my cars...its def the best LOOKING exhaust, but its not a true Ti. Overall i'd go with the HKS, its still well engineered, looks nice, and price isnt too bad, oh and the sound isnt raspy whatsoever, its a quiet deep tone. Run a test pipe and its alot louder imo. My 03 evo had a full 3in turboback with test pipe running a carbon Ti exhaust..in tunnels and such, i could def hear the thing roaring, i now run a high flow cat on my 05 evo and its not quite as loud
Old May 25, 2007, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

agency power has awesome sound! i loved it but went with the carbon hks instead just cuz of looks.
Old May 25, 2007, 02:00 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by esevo
Have you had the agency power??? Didnt think so... ( Agency power is its own company VIVID does NOT make them, the owners are the same but they are not "made" by Vividracing!!!) Also Its real ti!!!

I have had the HKS and Apexi as well as the greddy and even open down pipe... Out of all my exhaust the best sounding and over all is my Agency power!!! It looks good but I drive with all four windows down just to listen to it. (now thats good because i drive an RS!) Performance is top notch!!! Fit is great!!! My Greddy and HKS both droning every trip on the freeway! The AP does not! its true three inch even in the bends! I love it and swear by it! Plus you can get it cheaper than both the others! Good luck!!!
I don't have to own an AP product to know who manufacturers them. AP products are just rip-offs of other companies designs who spend lots of money in research and development. Vividracing = AP however you look at it. They share the same owner just a different association.
Old May 25, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Greddy and Hks both taper near the cat less than 3 inches

Id rank it

#1 Agency Power cuz its a full 3 inches
#2 Greddy TI-c cuz its cheaper than hks carbon ti
#3Hks Carbon ti
Old May 25, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Huh thats funny, I only used to work for VIVID RACING!!! I know a little bit more... Find any other exhaust that looks like theirs??? The Tech a VIVID, Pat, is a Mitsu corp tech!, he tests all AP products and help come up with the design of them, Helix is owned by gruppe-s and is a great product!!! are they just a rip off too??? Just because a company wants to sell their own products does not mean they are a rip off! If i was to go make a ti exhaust and sell it would I be just ripping of others??? Get the facts right!

http://www.agency-power.com/catalog/index.php

Agency power is its own LLC and is NOT THE SAME AS VIVID, look it up! There are parts they make that NO ONE else does so how are the a rip off??? For example;
I have never seen any one else make this... seems pretty original to me! oh and what about their 27mm rear sway!!!! name one bigger? AP is making the FIRST performance parts for the BMW 335i and many other new cars. So I think its safe to say Perrin, Agency Power, Helix and many other American companies that make parts for our cars make good products!!! Working at vivid I was sellin these parts all over the world!!! Call agency power there are companies in Japan buying AP parts!!!

"its better to let people think your stupid than to open your mouth and prove them right!"
Old May 25, 2007, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

100%agree that ap makes quality products

their 3 inch downpipe clears very well on my IX
Old May 25, 2007, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor

The Greddy Ti-C has a Titanium Tip thats the only part that is Titanium, it also has 2 count them resonators, very restrictive. The HKS TiC is the same only the TIP is Titanium and it is probably the worst when it comes to neck downs and small piping, also very resrtictive. Of the 3 metioned only the Agency Power exhaust is a full 3inch with no neck downs...no choice really if performance is your goal. A 3 inch pipe is a 3 inch pipe, if it isnt a REAL Greddy Ti...like mine....you get baller and performance all in one...hahaha...
Old May 25, 2007, 07:00 PM

HKS ti gets my vote!
Old May 25, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

HKS Carbon Ti, Greddy Ti-C and then Agency Power Ti
Old May 26, 2007, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Smile

man o man, it all goes either way!! aghh, still dont know which one to choose, does anyone have videos of these three? i have seen the same ones on agency-power.com, i need something of it driving, i have seen a few good ones of the HKS, and none of the Ti-C..
Old May 26, 2007, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Street Tuners
The Greddy Ti-C has a Titanium Tip thats the only part that is Titanium, it also has 2 count them resonators, very restrictive.
I only spot 1 resonator unless im missing something?
and anyway, i modest resonator helps with the drone when cruising, still sounds great at wot. I have heard it does have a taper tho, not sure how bad.

Quick Reply: Agency Power...VS...HKS carbon Ti...VS..Greddy Ti-c..