Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Agency Power...VS...HKS carbon Ti...VS..Greddy Ti-c..

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tirbolag9
the greddy tiC tapers right after the flange where it meets the cat. its also a full three inch after the taper. according to the guys at norcalevo...the tic is kinda loud and drones a bit on the freeway. but waaaayyy cheaper the carbon ti.

fits well with the jdm rear bumper also!
So does it taper from 80mm --> 76mm?
Old May 31, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

i went with the Ti-c
Old May 31, 2007, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbologist
So does it taper from 80mm --> 76mm?

from what i saw, yes. although i didn't measure. i was also told that the tiC is exactly the same as the Ti, but in SS and with a resonator. Oh yeh, the silencer bolts up in three spots instead of one.

since this exhaust isn't part of the choice list from the OP.....Garage HRS is 80mm with NO taper. It is also quiet, even with an HFC! not sure with a test pipe though. Downside is it will cost you an arm. But I love mine.

Last edited by tirbolag9; May 31, 2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tvieira24
Yeah, actually Helix is a prime example of of "rip-off" company. If you haven't noticed, thier TBE is the same as the ssauto TBE & the old RnR that used to float around on the forums.

If you even associate yourself with "Vivid Racing" then you are automatically a scum bag in my book. Get a couple of the kids from the NASIOC forums over here and you'd get your *** torn out. I wouldn't go aroudn claiming to have worked at a company that's robbed people out of thousands of dollars.

Anytime a forum that bases it's income off sponsers KICKS a sponsor off their board, you know theres some shady stuff going on.

WOW, that’s low considering you have dealt with me when??? When I was working at vivid I personally sold more full builds to sti and wrx owners than evo's! All went perfectly!!! So to say ALL business vivid does is bad is not fair or right! If they are still selling 6-8 million a year world wide and 95% of it is perfect business, would it not be common sense that the 5% percent would make a big deal about something getting messed up???

What happen on NASIOC was the owner of vivid finally came on and chewed out the members for talking crap like you and said not so good things. NOT shady business. If they did shady business they would not do that much business because everyone knows word of mouth rules!

Me personally I have many friends on NASIOC many who respect me personally and I would be happy to share all who they are, one being Clark Turner, one of the most reputable and best subi tuners!! Him and vivid are not cool though. So to say I worked for VIVID and am a scum bag is down right ignorant, that’s like me saying your a scum bag for driving a Subaru cause my friend had one a blew it up so they suck so you must suck too! It’s dumb and immature!

NASIOC is becoming like a Honda drama forum, so bring your drama friends over here and infect everyone who is looking for a good quality and fairly priced exhaust for their EVO!!! I don’t care!!! (the mods will )

If you knew me personally you would have nothing to say! I have had a bad experience with the Mitsu dealers, is that to say I will never buy an evo again... or that I will sell my car because it’s a mitsu??? NO!!! If you had the AP exhaust and you had probs post up the useful info, if not shut it! Cause if you read this thread everyone who has it, loves it!!! Good luck OP don’t listen to haters only people who know from personal experience which one is better!

Last edited by esevo; Jun 1, 2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Ooops

Last edited by Magnumpsi; Jun 1, 2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Evan...

Don't bother buddy. A few Right Coast guys complaining and bringing up a few Subie owners that somehow convinced half the people on NASIOC that Vivid Racing is not a reputable company from about 4 years ago is not worth it.

Back to the subject at hand before it got derailed: All of those exhausts are good exhaust and they all perform well and fit well, it comes down to sound.

Peace!!

Old Jun 1, 2007, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tirbolag9
from what i saw, yes. although i didn't measure. i was also told that the tiC is exactly the same as the Ti, but in SS and with a resonator. Oh yeh, the silencer bolts up in three spots instead of one.

since this exhaust isn't part of the choice list from the OP.....Garage HRS is 80mm with NO taper. It is also quiet, even with an HFC! not sure with a test pipe though. Downside is it will cost you an arm. But I love mine.

The greddy ti and the TI-c are not identical

the TI tapers to 3 inches to the cat, but the ti-c tapers down to 70mm ish

ive seen it myself and a local vendor confirmed this
Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Greddy Ti FTW!

That **** is full Titanium, looks nice as hell too. Really loud as well but looks the nicest.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ebay exhaust FTW
Old Jun 1, 2007, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bdiddy
Evan...

Don't bother buddy. A few Right Coast guys complaining and bringing up a few Subie owners that somehow convinced half the people on NASIOC that Vivid Racing is not a reputable company from about 4 years ago is not worth it.

Back to the subject at hand before it got derailed: All of those exhausts are good exhaust and they all perform well and fit well, it comes down to sound.

Peace!!

Agreed!
Old Jun 1, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

greddy...but i love JIC more than those 3
Old Jun 1, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DJmarkymark
The greddy ti and the TI-c are not identical

the TI tapers to 3 inches to the cat, but the ti-c tapers down to 70mm ish

ive seen it myself and a local vendor confirmed this
good to know. i was hoping to do a tiC to ti comparo but no one was around that had a ti for me to compare.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone have the HKS Spec-R full Titanium exhaust and if so, where can I get it?

Thanks,
Old Jun 2, 2007, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
japan only... jondemand