Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New here, need some advice

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New here, need some advice

Hey everyone,
I will be a proud new Evo owner very soon. I have reached a point now where I can afford one however I am in an odd situation and would like some advice.

My name is Zac, I am 23 right now and in the Army currently in Iraq, Lil Rico on the board has been giving me some great help latley and I am in a similar situation.

I currently own a 2006 Honda Civic SI which I will be upside down on no matter what it looks like prolly about 6 or 7k. I have about 10k saved right now. I am currently looking for THE ONE which I consider to be a Electric Blue or Tarmac Black IX hoping for SSL packge but does not have to be. I would like it to be new.

Here is my problem.

Seeing I find one by August when I go on my mid tour....I could swap it out and have a relativley high payment fiureabout 4-5k down after the loss on trade in.........O

I wait 4 more months or so gather a larger down payment of around 16k and by that time be about a 5k negative equity. I ust worry the longer I wait the less chance I will fnd a "new" one that is the one. I already am in contact with my hometown dealer who foun a new IX in Tarmac Black which I would die for. They want 31k for it which is not to bad. My mom is bringing my car in to get appraised next week so then I can start working the numbers came with the Dealership. I just wanted to see what you all thought...I want to be in the 400/month payment range would love to be 300 if possible. Sorry for the long first post, would like to see if you think my thinking is achievable. Finances in the long run are not a problem as I am paying 520/month on my SI with 130 for insurance...(i know i got SCREWED) on top of that i had like 13k in credit card debt which I paid off already. Any tips or advice would be great, and its great to be around a bunch of mature people, I am tired of the Honda crowd and can finally afford my dream ride.
Old May 26, 2007, 07:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Dude 1st off, thank you for doing what you do so that we can do what we do...we honor your service.....Funny but I went down the same road as you. I had a 06Si, and traded it on an Evo MR. I also took a beating like you 6k in the hole. I put down 4K and bit the bullet cause I know these cars won't be around for much longer. I personally think if you're gonna get one then go ahead and do it. The time factor is severly against you. And the price will likely go up as these cars are harder to find. At the end I can only imagine what these dealers will ask for these cars especially the MR's. I don't think you will get a better deal even if you save up more downpayment money. Go ahead and get the car and re-fianance after a year or so. Also Big and Important issue, think about the contract..are you buying from out of state? If so then you'll have to pay sales tax in the state where you reside. I found that out the hard way last week to the tune of $600. You can have that tax rolled into your loan if you ask the salesman to do it that way.
I had a Midnight black Si, it was a major pain to keep clean, are you sure you want one of those...hahaha...black and hot Evo? Anyway's Dude..if you got any thing else we will do what we can to help you out...let me know....
Old May 26, 2007, 09:20 PM

Man I will tell you this I am on the lines of getting an EVO also, I am talking my time to look and I will be buying it cash, first what do you owe on your civic? I would say save up more money. Or just sell the civic for what you owe and then go get the EVO man. They will be around, good things come to those who wait. Hope you stay safe over there.
Old May 27, 2007, 05:45 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you can, pay off the civic, wait for that to reflect on your credit then you'll get a better interest rate on your new purchase and better payments.
Old May 27, 2007, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the responses. I currently own (cough choke) 24.7k on the Civic yeah I know I was screwed.....hard. Trade in is estimated on KBB to be at 16-18k right now. It is going in for apprasial next week so I can start seeing what numbers I can work for the Black IX thats located close to my hometown where I will be going in August for my mid tour leave. I though about saving up the rest of the 10months I am here but I worry that a new one wont be around by that time. I have been craving an EVO forever. I hope to be an active member here and actually be able to claim one in the near future.

On a side note....anyone want to buy an 06 Honda Civic SI with every option with DC Sports Header and Exhuast along with Eibach Sportlines and a Siebon CF hood? haha. but seriously buy it and make sure you offer more than I owe.