Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Just test drove a 2006 Evo...am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2007, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Id rather you just stick to your Tempo and SRT4...but thats just me
Old May 27, 2007, 04:41 AM
Laz
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostless
Id rather you just stick to your Tempo and SRT4...but thats just me
you'd rather me stick to an SRT-4 because I drove a broken evo and didn't like it? did you even read the thread?
Old May 27, 2007, 04:44 AM
Laz
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Street Tuners
----------> So why did you make this thread in the first place, SINCE you have an answer to the Original question you posted? <------------

Dude.....I suggest that it is not such a smart thing; to come on Any enthusiast's site and say that their particular car is "supposed to feel slow"....you are asking for ridicule and to be labled a .....TROLL.....we all do dumb things from time to time, maybe you should start over with another post or something.....
What?? reading comprehension FTL. I made the post to ask what an evo is supposed to feel like because I know each car has its own feel. I've gathered enough from this thread that the evo was broke, and now I'm gonna test drive another one. I'm simply a random guy that wants to buy an evo but is looking for advice on how they drive and I get flamed for saying the one I drove is slow, even though it was probably broke. what's the deal??

and if you actually read, I didn't say that your car is "supposed to feel slow," I ASKED if the car was supposed to feel slow. read the paragraph a few times
Old May 27, 2007, 04:46 AM
Laz
Evolving Member

BTW thanks for the quick replies to the people who are helping me. I'll let you guys know how the test drive in the 03 goes. I really want an evo and I think that the dealership was trying to sell me a busted evo. That's probably the reason it's been sitting on their lot for months
Old May 27, 2007, 04:55 AM
Laz
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jhanksevo
Where are you in NC im coming back home for leave im from Raleigh if you are anywhere near ill take you for a ride in my car
ha ha ha I was in raleigh all day yesterday but am leaving today, figures
Old May 27, 2007, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Laz
BTW thanks for the quick replies to the people who are helping me. I'll let you guys know how the test drive in the 03 goes. I really want an evo and I think that the dealership was trying to sell me a busted evo. That's probably the reason it's been sitting on their lot for months
The 03 are considerably slower but even still should feel pretty damn quick. When I test drove my 03 I was just "looking" well after the test drive I was sold. Sighned papers and took it home. That was 2 years ago to the day actually and I still love the car.

If the car is running normal youll drive it and want it. I only say that because I really wanted an STi (dont hate lol) and I was test driving them around for weeks then I figured id check out a few Evos and the very first one I bought right after the test drive. They really are amazing to drive
Old May 27, 2007, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jordanz3
and also cars tend to feel faster in the passenger seat. at least thats how I feel
It feels that way to everyone
Old May 27, 2007, 05:20 AM
Laz
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EMonz57
The 03 are considerably slower but even still should feel pretty damn quick.

how much slower? what's the 0-60 mph and 1/4 mile of a stock 2003? are there any differences between the 03, 04, and 05 performance-wise? are the 2003s worth 20k with high mileage? thanks for the help
Old May 27, 2007, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

what i suggest you do is go test drive a new stock evo at a dealership if possible, and then you can then you can get an understanding for what they should feel like (noises, feel, etc)
Old May 27, 2007, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Laz
how much slower? what's the 0-60 mph and 1/4 mile of a stock 2003? are there any differences between the 03, 04, and 05 performance-wise? are the 2003s worth 20k with high mileage? thanks for the help
on average 03 and 04s are high 13 sec cars bone stock. 05 are mid to low 13s and 06 from what it seems are low 13s and some high 12s bone stock.

Not so sure bout the price. I paid $21k for my 03 with 12k on it and that was 2 years ago when the 03 was still going on average for about $26k
Old May 27, 2007, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Laz

lets put it this way, if an IX raced a 03 viii it would be a drivers race, and the race would be probably be determined in the launch. to me a few tenths of a seconds isnt a huge difference in quickness. good luck with your upcoming test drive, im sure you will be happy to see how nice the car feels when its healthy
Old May 27, 2007, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

stock evo's in my mind are almost dead quiet except for some minor turbo noise and normal whine in 1st and 2nd gear
Old May 27, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Wrong wrong wrong. I currently own an SRT-4 and an Evo. The reason I bought the Evo after already owning an SRT-4 is because it felt so much faster in the test drive even with the salesperson in the car. I like both cars but your making an error in thinking your a human dyno based on perceived torque. What dealership was it? What mitsu dealership only has only one Evo?
Old May 27, 2007, 05:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
whattt!!!!

Originally Posted by Laz
Hey guys. I just joined a few days ago. I'm really interested in Lancer Evolutions and just got to test one for the first time earlier today. It was a IX 2006 with 12k miles. The only comparable car I've driven is a Dodge SRT-4, which is supposed to be considerably slower than a Lancer Evo.

The car was in nice condition, but something worried me: as soon as we took off, the car was making a really weird whining noise, almost similar to a supercharger. It did it at low and high RPMs. I asked the dealership salesman what the noise was and he said it was the turbo. Hmm. Turbos aren't supposed to

Are Lancer Evos supposed to "feel" slow due to their AWD and supreme handling, or is something wrong with this car? I left the place disgusted and even turned down an excellent deal on the car because it felt like it was a damn family sedan.

I personally think there was something wrong with it. Are Evos supposed to feel faster than an SRT-4 or what? There's no reason to drop $26k on an Evo if I can get an SRT-4 for $13k in my location with the SRT-4 feeling faster.

Is the high pitched whining noise in the Evo normal? I want to know these things before I give up on getting an Evo. Thanks for your time.

what comparing a viper on dippers AKA srt-4, that thing is not even close to be compared with an Evo is a different type of car, now if you compare an sti with an evo i can understand that, my bud has an srt-4 i spank him every time we get out of work 3rd gear pulls 2nd 4th launched all day long Evo spanking srt-4 (viper on dippers)
Old May 27, 2007, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

if your in socal id be glad tolet u drivemy evo.. and then tellme what you thinkl about it...

Quick Reply: Just test drove a 2006 Evo...am I missing something?