Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

best exhaust with quite feature...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
True..... A silencer is a great way to kill the sound. It is also a great way to kill power.
Some people only want the power at the track... street racing is bad

But anyway, to answer why the perforation effects performance is simple flow characteristics. The perforations cause turbulence, which effects how well it flows vs a smooth bore which does not cause turbulence.

If you want to know what I'm talking about, cut both type in half and run water through them and see what it looks like.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by s2kguy
Some people only want the power at the track... street racing is bad
So I've heard.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

I'm very happy with the Magnaflow "street edition" 3" cat-back. Its nice and quiet like stock. It uses an actual muffler instead of a canister type silencer. I have modified it to remove the neck down where it meets the stock cat. Works and looks great. CVR has a excellent price on them.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Any pics? How much did it cost you to remove the taper?

Originally Posted by Bonestock!
I'm very happy with the Magnaflow "street edition" 3" cat-back. Its nice and quiet like stock. It uses an actual muffler instead of a canister type silencer. I have modified it to remove the neck down where it meets the stock cat. Works and looks great. CVR has a excellent price on them.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Just order this and have it welded on:

http://www.daddysscp.com/dcart4/prod...7&cat=1&page=3

I put a few pics up in CVR's GB thread.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
You are right. You probably do know more about this subject than I do. I guess I just havent been around cars and dyno testing long enough to SEE results in person.

Look I didnt come here to argue with you. I use the forums as a place to share knowledge and learn more about the car I'm driving.

Ok so you noticed a difference with a resonator vs w/out. Care to share how much of a difference it made? How different was the torque curve? Was the difference just a spike of 1-6whp or was it throughout the rpms? Was the testing done in similar weather conditions, dyno, car etc... ?

And besides, arent the mufflers you use for your exhaust straight flow through and Perforated? Basically its a bigger thicker resonator. So does that mean your own exhaust is robbing power from itself?

Last edited by BluEVOIX; Jun 2, 2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor

If quiet is what you want, get which ever one you like wether it robs power or not. Then get a down pipe with a cut out so when you want the power, just hit a switch.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 06:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
Look I didnt come here to argue with you. I use the forums as a place to share knowledge and learn more about the car I'm driving.

Ok so you noticed a difference with a resonator vs w/out. Care to share how much of a difference it made? How different was the torque curve? Was the difference just a spike of 1-6whp or was it throughout the rpms? Was the testing done in similar weather conditions, dyno, car etc... ?

And besides, arent the mufflers you use for your exhaust straight flow through and Perforated? Basically its a bigger thicker resonator. So does that mean your own exhaust is robbing power from itself?
There are numerous exhausts threads with discussion of exactly what a resonator, silencer, etc... does to the power output of a car. There is no sense in typing a 10 paragraph response. Bottom line... IT JUST ROBS POWER!

Does our exhaust rob power from itself? You do have to have a muffler you understand that right? We can make an exhaust with a muffler delete pipe so there is NO restriction what so ever.

Actually our Bullet muffler is the highest flowing muffler we have tested thats why we use it. Yes a muffler can rob power as well. To kind of put thing into perspective.... when our black car was still rather "subtle" and could be driven on the street with no problems we tested the difference between our full 3" turboback with the bullet muffler and the exhaust coming out of the side of the front bumper. There was VERY little difference.

Our exhaust is the lightest highest horsepower making turboback available for the Evo.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 08:58 AM

Our exhaust is the lightest highest horsepower making turboback available for the Evo.
that's one hell of a statement lol. i do like the cutout idea, i never really thought about that!!! Buschar, do you have theses? electronic would be my route on this. let me know. thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RCJr9186
that's one hell of a statement lol. i do like the cutout idea, i never really thought about that!!! Buschar, do you have theses? electronic would be my route on this. let me know. thanks.
It is a true statement.

No im sorry we do not offer a cutout option.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 10:36 AM

hm. anybody know anybody who makes an electronic cutout for the EVO? i'm sure i can do a search and find it on yahooo or whatever but if yall know of any specific brands or names that would be a good help. even w/ the cutout i may go w/ Buschar CBE and test pipe just for the name.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 11:47 AM

nvm, i found the cutout. very nice!! i'm almost certain that's what i'm gonna do. run the cutout DP, stock or high flow cat along w/ some sort of quite catback. so i'll be running like a sleeper until it's time to race. then it's on! lol