Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Autotrader spam or are people just that stupid?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2007, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Question Autotrader spam or are people just that stupid?

I've got my Evo for sale on Autotrader. It's actually pretty much sold but, I'm waiting to take the ad down until the money changes hands and everything is signed just in case something doesn't pan out.

Anyway in the last few days I've gotten some really odd inquiries about it and I'm curious if any of these are actual buyers or if there is some new ploy for spammers to get your e-mail.

One of them offered to "give me" $5K less than I'm asking and left his contact phone number as (616)666-6666. Sounds like a pretty serious trust worthy buyer huh?

I wanted to offer him a chance to kiss my a*s but, before I typed out a reply I stopped and thought great I send this guy a reply even if it isn't a nasty one then he has my e-mail address and I'm getting even more crap then usual.

The most recent one sends me something to the effect of:

I've been in the market for one of these for years. I don't have the money now but, I can't find anything else as fast for as cheap and good looking. Are these cars for real? Help!

This to an ad that says "serious inquiries only". Are people really this dumb or are they just hoping they peak my curiosity enough to get me to respond and then send me a bunch of crap or screw me over in some way?