Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo on a road trip?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drove to Mrtyle Beach once from Chicago, Illinois but it was in my buddy's Impala. Trsut me drive the evo you will regret it if you don't. The whole time I drove through the mountains I wished I had the Evo. Plus when you cruise the strip you'll want to be rolling in something better than a Kia. That's just my 2 cents.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by EvoIXPilot
Guys,

Taking a week vacation to Myrtle Beach. My gf and I are discussing whether take the Evo or not... She wants me take her beater (Kia) because she thinks I'll be worrying if somethings going to happen to the car while we're down there, which in the past, on some occasions I do. My questions to you all are would you take your Evo down there? Is Myrtle Beach pretty safe from dirtbag haters and stereo theives? Or is she right, we should just take the beater?
She makes a fine point, but the drive there and back would be so much more fun. hehehe
Old Jun 5, 2007, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

You forgot the V1 (or passport) . Protection from the pigs. Then you can also drive the car like you should on the highway

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
+1

We take one of the EVOs 1200+ miles round trip every summer to the Outer Banks in NC

My 03 has 70k+. Id drive it to cali and back without a second thought. Its a car man drive it
Old Jun 5, 2007, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

+1 for my V1 but it will come out while driving through Va.-guess its the only place I'll do the speed limit
Old Jun 12, 2007, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slicedbreadno2
Take the beater, put less mileage on the evo. I'm sure the kia will be way better on gas.

2nd that
Old Jun 29, 2007, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

I'm leaving for Myrtle Beach early Sunday morning. I'm taking mine down cause the last time I went down I didn't take my old truck and man did it suck having to ride around in someone elses car. I sure hope I'm not going to be spending that much in gas though.