Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Upping PSI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2007 | 05:27 PM
Account Disabled

correct me if im wrong but shouldnt the pressure be released through that hole behind the engine underneath the oil cap. its on the side of the engine closest to the firewall. Left most part of the engine?
Old Jun 5, 2007 | 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
correct me if im wrong but shouldnt the pressure be released through that hole behind the engine underneath the oil cap. its on the side of the engine closest to the firewall. Left most part of the engine?
Yea the PCV Valve
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
My dip stick popped out until i had a friend weld a vaccum tube for my breather line on my intake (since buschur's does not come with one). Under boost the PCV is closed and all that pressure is usually sucked out by the breather tube going back into the intake pipe. If that breather tube is not connected than your not creating vaccum anymore.
I think BUschur's itnake tube doesn't come with one cause it's not necessary to recirc the fumes from the valve cover to the intake. Those gases can be vented to the atmosphere... but its better to have them filtered by way of breather filter / oil catch. How were you accomplishing that before you welded a hole in your intake?
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...2ffad0426ba636

Here ya go!
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

The dip stick problem is common, but just strapping it down is not a fix!!! There is too much pressure in the crankcase and that needs to be released unless you want to start blowing seals. Do you have an aftermarket intake, and if so, are you running the valve cover breather tube back into the intake? The PCV system has to be working correctly or sometimes it will create too much pressure.
I have the hks direct drive racing intake and do believe the breather tube goes back into the intake. Ill run up to shop i get everything done at and definitly talk to them about a cylinder leak down test. TurboXS did the tuning and CarV2 (the shop i go to) knows their stuff so they will be able to do the tests. Thanks for the advice, i appreciate it. Fingers crossed i can find/fix the problem.

Last edited by V8eatr; Jun 6, 2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Well im getting the leak down test mid next week when im getting my work wheels put on and we are checking the pcv system, so ill let you know what the word is.
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
The PCV only works when the car isn't boosting
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kingman4
I think BUschur's itnake tube doesn't come with one cause it's not necessary to recirc the fumes from the valve cover to the intake. Those gases can be vented to the atmosphere... but its better to have them filtered by way of breather filter / oil catch. How were you accomplishing that before you welded a hole in your intake?
I used to just have the breather tube venting the fumes until i was blowing out dipsticks. I now have the dual catch can on my car, it is better to hook things up the way they were designed (breather tube back into the intake). If you just vent the fumes you are not creating vaccum in the crankcase. By hooking the breather tube back into the intake the turbo is creating the vaccum.
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

V8eatr, Let us know how everything goes
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

not a fix , but get some good oil catch cans for the blow by on the pcv and intake.
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Most likely I will find out next thursday so when I do I will def let you guys know whats going on.
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 09:31 PM
Account Disabled

no im not talking about the PCV valve, if you looke underneath to the left of it there is a brass hole. What the heck is that?
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 09:39 PM
Account Disabled

Damn, that's crazy. I've been running 22psi for a while now and never had that happen to me. Is this something that would only happen on a dyno?
Old Jun 6, 2007 | 09:43 PM
EvoM Community Team
Veteran: Navy

+1
Old Jun 7, 2007 | 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Clos23
Damn, that's crazy. I've been running 22psi for a while now and never had that happen to me. Is this something that would only happen on a dyno?
I dont believe so because after the tune i had a 2 hour drive home and pushed it at some points on the way home...I-95 is a fun highway to drive and traffic rolls nice. When i got home i popped the hood to check everything out and the dipstick did pop out a tiny bit but nothing serious like it did on the dyno. I also have 45k miles on my car...not sure if that has something to do with it. Im hopefully finding out the problem next thursday so ill let everyone know what the verdict is. One more thing, im looking for a stock Evo IX BOV, if anyone has one for sale or knows of one for sale, please pm me.