Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

how come they did away with the intercooler sprayer for the 9's ??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get co2 then its not pointless.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

i have everything off mine ill sell you..... pm me
Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by redevoboy
Get co2 then its not pointless.

yeah but co2= $$? water= $0

so water wins. lol

hell i just want a sprayer to spray on cars that tailgate me when im trying so hard not to speed.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by idriveanevo
i have everything off mine ill sell you..... pm me
im just gonna use my wiper fluid lines and tank cuz its cheaper. yeah im cheap.
lol

but thanks for the offer.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

I use mine all the time.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:00 PM
Account Disabled

i would like to add in here just lastnight i decided to test the effects of the sprayer on my 8. 4th gear pull to 7500. Air temp at 7000 without having the sprayer on was 92.8* with 2 counts of knock which i never get with it on. With the sprayer on the temp at the same place starting at the same rpm in the same gear thus same variables was 86.2* and 0 counts of knock. Maybe its just my car but when doing a hwy pull or racing once i get to the top of fourth doing 21psi seems like the stock intercooler is starting to heatsoak thus i started with minimal knock. Once the intercooler sprayer is going it knocked off 6.6* off the intake temps which to me is a huge deal. Every time i start the car or go on the hwy i turn auto spray on for piece of mind as i know for whatever reason it DOES effect if i get knock at high speeds or not.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

hmm good info even if its a little help the water should cool the fmic when water hits it and give some advantage over not having one.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 05:38 AM

my friend had an 03 VIII and said he never saw any kind of difference other than when he was cruisin on the I on a hot day or racing. It can't be anymore than 10-15 bucks in suplies to make it happen on ur IX... go for it.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

co2 would definately be better than water, but water should be better than nothing. although not sure how much of a difference it would make..

on a side note, it is very tiring to read people respond to every single thread i end up reading telling someone to use the search button.. this is the most annoying forum in that regard. if no one ever posted new topics there would never be any new ideas, or new products discovered.. this is a forum, im sure the admins prune the forums enough that there is plenty of bandwidth to handle a handful of repeat threads from time to time.. you people who choose to reply "use the search button" need to get off the bandwagon already.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:26 AM
Account Disabled

i think the problem with most of these people that say the sprayer is bogus and has no effect are just saying that because theres no seat of the pants increase in power. In fact you cant feel one bit of differnce but just to know that im taking in cooler air charge even the 6.6* cooler will keep me using it over and over cause as everyone knows colder denser air=more power even if it is .1hp an increase is worth it to me.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

On the *****ing about searching...

I've spent 3 hours searching for things on this forum, and there's so much crap that people talk about in different threads that arn't even related, that it makes it almost impossible to find the information you want/need.

Not that there isn't common things out there that are easy to search/find.

As for the intercooler sprayer - I never thought it did much. *shrug* Though I can't see why it'd hurt to have it. I've got an 03 that I had to rebuild the spray kit on (re: rebuilt title), and I used ~5ft of hose that you can get almost anywhere.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:48 AM
Account Disabled

a tip to find a specific topic you want is go to advanced search and search for titles insted of entire posts
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Put a car on a dyno and feel how hot the intercooler gets even with the big *** fans running. Now spray the intercooler down with water and feel the difference. We picked up over 5 whp on my friends Talon on the dyno when I sprayed the FMIC down during the run.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bomjoon
yeah but co2= $$? water= $0

so water wins. lol

hell i just want a sprayer to spray on cars that tailgate me when im trying so hard not to speed.
get water injection then if your worried about money....
you will notice a big difference in that once your tuned for it

or better yet just get alky or meth injection, that cools the intake temps down and will give a huge power increase after tuned..

the intercooler sprayers did nothing...
Old Jun 12, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

+1 on the water/meth injection. If you want to see cooler intake temps and egt's, the kit is definately worth the $. You can use the windshield washer reservoir as the holding tank so you take up more space and you can also use windshield washer fluid which is cheap.

Last edited by EV06MR; Jun 12, 2007 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: how come they did away with the intercooler sprayer for the 9's ??