Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2007 | 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
it's funny, people say an sti is better, but the sti guys always eyerape my car.
Old Jun 11, 2007 | 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by evleb
is the 8 jdm, faster than the 9 usdm?/
I would assume so, hypothetically speaking. The JDM Evo VIII is more powerful in terms of hp and torque, despite the 280 hp rating (although supposedly it's around 310 hp). In addition, the JDM Evo is around 170 pounds lighter or so. More power and less weight.
Old Jun 11, 2007 | 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by heavens turbo
it's funny, people say an sti is better, but the sti guys always eyerape my car.
So True.
Old Jun 11, 2007 | 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Ya, there are about 10-15 evos max in my city and probably over 100 sti's in my city and i live in a big city. I see at least 3 sti's a day. And an evo a month, aside from the guy with the TB VIII that lives next to my girlfriend(he knows nothing about his car tho, so it makes me sad ahha)
Old Jun 11, 2007 | 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
^ Interesting. Maybe I'll have to drive through there when I go with my buddy who is from SB.
Old Jun 11, 2007 | 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Most major tuners in Japan prefer EVO over Impreza b/c of evo's platform.
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
^ Interesting. Maybe I'll have to drive through there when I go with my buddy who is from SB.
Ya when you do, PM me and we can meet up, take me for a ride in your SE
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 01:12 PM

when i went to Nopi Nationals last year there were 100+ subie's there. i think there was a total of mabey 20 EVO's there... that's including company cars.
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 01:14 PM

oh and an 06 EVO vs 06 STI.... the evo beats it by .03 - i have a vid on my Myspace profile comaring the 2. i tried posting it on here but it didn't work. if u wana take a look at it my pro is on my EVOm profile.
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 01:23 PM

You need better friends. Especially one's with a bigger brain size.
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

I have an evo and an sti.

EVO > STI

period.
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

former sti owner ,
i think the sti is a much nicer looking car inside and out ,
but performance wise the evo is much better imo (had 05sti now 05 mr)
seems to me the transmission, drivetrain is much smoother in the evo .
+the sti/wrx is a pain in the **** to work on

get a 8 or 9 good luck ..
Old Jun 13, 2007 | 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

I was in the same situation like you about three months ago. Debating between EVO, STI, and Audi S4 2.7 TT. My cousin have a brand new '07 STI and I get to drive it couple time, not impress at all. It is a more refine vehicle than the EVO, but being a high performance car, the STI have very small front sway bar and no rear sway bar at all. The shifter feel sloppy, really disappoint me.

The Audi is even worst, but I guess with the aftermarket parts it can be better. But I just don't want to deal with the expensive parts, the heavy car, and hard to work on factors.

And as soon as I test drive the EVO IX, I know that's was it. In my case it was the EVO IX RS. It have the worst interior of the three, but I really like the seats, and it fit me really well. It just so fun to drive. Endless power band, passing car on the highway is a breeze. Handling like it on rail. The ride a little stiff. Oh yeah, I get to race again my cousin STI from 40-110, and I beat him by at least two car length.
Old Jun 13, 2007 | 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
I was in the same situation like you about three months ago. Debating between EVO, STI, and Audi S4 2.7 TT. My cousin have a brand new '07 STI and I get to drive it couple time, not impress at all. It is a more refine vehicle than the EVO, but being a high performance car, the STI have very small front sway bar and no rear sway bar at all. The shifter feel sloppy, really disappoint me.

The Audi is even worst, but I guess with the aftermarket parts it can be better. But I just don't want to deal with the expensive parts, the heavy car, and hard to work on factors.

And as soon as I test drive the EVO IX, I know that's was it. In my case it was the EVO IX RS. It have the worst interior of the three, but I really like the seats, and it fit me really well. It just so fun to drive. Endless power band, passing car on the highway is a breeze. Handling like it on rail. The ride a little stiff. Oh yeah, I get to race again my cousin STI from 40-110, and I beat him by at least two car length.
Thats bad *** that you got to show up your cousin but for like the fifth time im not debating on whether to get an evo or sti. Im getting an EVO.
Old Jun 13, 2007 | 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9

Thats bad *** that you got to show up your cousin but for like the fifth time im not debating on whether to get an evo or sti. Im getting an EVO.

Quick Reply: My Test Drive