Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2007 | 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vendetta714
Ya! Write me a check for 37k and we've got a deal.

The insurance wont be a big deal cuz im going to pay half with my parents. So the issue is saving money for the diffence between my car now and the EVO. I have a job with good income so its only a matter of time.
So what exactly is it that you do for money?
Old Jun 14, 2007 | 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
The STi is slower than the IX, equal to the 05, and faster than the 03-04s. Of course, they're all close enough for it to be a driver's race. Regardless, it's widely-known that the Evo is a superior platform for anyone who prefers performance. The STi is better suited for daily driving.

Just remember that the IX you drove is much better than any VIII you'll buy, especially if you end up with an 03/04.
couldnt have said it better myself.
Old Jun 14, 2007 | 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by vendetta714
So i went to my nearest Mitsubishi dealer today for one reason only.......Test drive an Evo. I have been look for a new car and the only thing i have in mind is an evo. Most likely i will get an 8, but driving one today was amazing. Now, im 100% sure thats the car. So in as near as 6 months im getting one.

here was the evo i drove. 06 tarmac black evo IX mr

Everyone I have told im getting an Evo gives me SIHT, they all say STI is way better. It may be quicker, but an Evo can out corner an STI anyday.
I think it all depends on drivers. I traded in my C5 Vette with my 06 MR a few weeks ago. I used to chase Evos and Stis on twisty roads and never lost. So I didn't think they handled that well. But when I test drove an Evo and a Sti, I was very impressed by their traction and realized what I was racing against. Sti is also very nice, except Evo has alot more torqur on lower end, and steering response is alot shaper than Sti. They are both equally fast, I think. I just liked Evo better. I got my MR because I have no plan to modify the car, and Bilstein suspension felt better than regular suspension. Also, having an extra gear is good for me, for I like driving on twisty road.

In summary, no matter which Evo you get, you'll love it. Some of us have race ready Evo, or stock Evo like mine. Some of like drag racing, or mountain twisty road like me. But we all love our Evos!!