Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

perrin vta bov

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
perrin vta bov

http://www.perrinperformance.com/pro...ory=37&model=3

would i need to buy some sort of adapter for this to work on the evo, or will it just fit right in? anyone running one?
Old Jun 15, 2007, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

anyone?
Old Jun 15, 2007, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a vta bov on our cars is bad.

your stock dv is the best for your car.

if you just want to hear it, get a cone filter and a tune. (i do not recommend even doing that)
Old Jun 15, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

thanks
that has nothing to do with what i asked

im in need a bov because i need something that can hold more boost....
i know the effects of running a vta everyone talks about, but yet none of my friends have yet to experience them on thier cars running a vta bov. ill take my chances

will that bov fit or do i need some sort of adapter?
Old Jun 15, 2007, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

your stock evo ix bov will hold 25psi. over that i recommend the forge
Old Jun 16, 2007, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
thanks
that has nothing to do with what i asked

im in need a bov because i need something that can hold more boost....
i know the effects of running a vta everyone talks about, but yet none of my friends have yet to experience them on thier cars running a vta bov. ill take my chances

will that bov fit or do i need some sort of adapter?
Without a major upgrade, IE new TURBO, you do NOT need a bov. Sounds to me your buddies are all going PSSSSST, and you want to immitate them. Venting to atmosphere screws up the Evo's ability to measure air flow, end of story.

Basically, you pretty much have to be an idiot to vta on this car. Are you really an idiot?
Old Jun 16, 2007, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by s2kguy

Basically, you pretty much have to be an idiot to vta on this car. Are you really an idiot?
Does this help him?
Old Jun 16, 2007, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

ok im putting together a whole entire turbo kit to throw on my car.....
i will be running 30+ psi

all i ask is will it fit on there or will i need an adapter or something? i dont need everyone telling me not to run a vta on the evo

so im an idiot because i NEED a vta bov. im not getting it for the sound and my car will be tuned so i can run a vta. im not as dumb as you think. but thanks for everyone who isults me over a question. so lets stop telling me im gonna mess my car up when im not and just answer my question.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

From a guy with shifter bushings listed as his only mod...

Somehow I doubt the turbo kit, but if you are you need to talk to the vendor who is selling you the kit and see what they recommend you do. Are they replacing the MAF? Do they want a recirc bov or vta?

I stand by my belief you just want your car to go PSSSSST. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but throwing your car into a lean or rich condition just to hear some noise is silly.

So if your buying a turbo kit, go talk to the said vendor and find out what THEY recommend you do.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Looking at the pic, IMO, I would not think you would need any sort of adaptor, but I could be wrong. You will need to block off the other end where it would normally re-circulate though, but as suggested, I'd just ask the vendor to be safe. On a side note, did you read under the description on the link you posted about their re-circulating BOV's? Supposedly they can handle 190 psi of boost! Impressive if true and if you're not at all that interested in hearing the BOV "blow off" really loud, the re-circ. may be a better choice over a VTA. I know I re-circulate with a Forge BOV and I can still hear it at only 16psi of boost. I couldn't imagine over 30 . I guess in any event, go with what works best for you and your application

Last edited by krish; Jun 16, 2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

hmmm ok
just because thats all i have listed doesnt mean anything. everyone i race i tell my car is stock, but is it really? im sorry i dont need to list all my mods to feel really cool like you. big list my equal big ***** i guess

think what you want, i dont care about the pshhh sound, but the car is going to be tuned for a vta, the tuner told me to get a vta bov , so all im doing is tryin to figure out if it fits. im not buying a turbo kit, im putting one together myself, so i asked the tuner what he recommends and thats what i was told for many different reasons.

again, could anyone answer my question? i guess no one on here knows because everyone sticks to the same stuff around here. you hear from a coulpe people a vta is bad for your car and all a sudden every kid on here has to say the same thing.

learn how to tune a car and a vta isnt so bad after all i guess
Old Jun 16, 2007, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

VTA is bad. Real bad. If you are getting BOV get one that is recirculating. It will still make the sound for all the ricers :P
Old Jun 16, 2007, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

go with a tial
Old Jun 16, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

the tuner told me to get a vta bov

I guess we were posting the same time(LOL). If the tuner says to get a VTA for various reasons and you trust his advice, then I'd go for it. I've watched a lot of car clips with big performace cars and a lot of them I've seen VTA so it must not be too bad if tuned and set up properly. I personally had bad success using a BOV that VTA (damaged the original BOV and had to substitute) on my EVO I. After the car ran like crap because it wasn't setup for it, I had to hurry up and get a replacement re-circulating BOV and the car has never been better, but I know every car is different and so I always say, go with whatever works best for you. As mentioned already, Tial may be another good option if you're looking for a good quality BOV. Forge and Tial seem to be the two most popular BOV's

Last edited by krish; Jun 16, 2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 03:34 PM

who is the tuner that told you to get a vta dv he not much of a tuner, if you install a map sensor on your car witch i dont think you even know what that is , with a map sensor you would be save to vta otherwise yor tuner is a idiot

Quick Reply: perrin vta bov