Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

xs power vs stock FMIC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2007, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by APEX1
#2- I beat the fuggin crap out of my car for 143 miles today, and I noticed that just sitting like 12 minutes and then 15 minutes and then 45 minutes the coolant needle was not stuck on operating temp! IT WAS LOWER! witch is telling me that the car is getting cooler air. when it was stock it NEVER did that. OH my car has 15,000 miles so I dont need a thermostat.
Uuummm what does the intercooler have to do with engine temp? Upgrading the intercooler shouldn't affect your engine temp. Upgrading the radiator yeah. Oh well as long as you're happy with your test.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 01:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tvbf1
Uuummm what does the intercooler have to do with engine temp? Upgrading the intercooler shouldn't affect your engine temp. Upgrading the radiator yeah. Oh well as long as you're happy with your test.
I really dont know? Im just tellin you guys what my car is doing?

Also If the engine is getting cooler air, wouldnt the engine cool down faster or not be as hot for as long? I dunno. just a question

Last edited by APEX1; Jun 21, 2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The reason the coolant temp gauge is lower, is because you have no dam thermostat. Come on man lol. I bet your car takes a long time to get warm and idles high also, or it may not get warm at all. The reason I know, is my thermostat got stuck open(better than stuck close) and my car would idle high and never get warm and the needle would barely rise above cold. Changed it out for a new one and back to normal. On my civic I had the reverse happen. My thermostat was stuck close and the needle would rise higher than normal because the cool air in the radiator could not enter the motor. Sorry to burst your bubble, but no thermostat is not good because the motor never gets to the operating temp it needs for optimal performance.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OH my car has 15,000 miles so I dont need a thermostat.
I love this quote!
Old Jun 21, 2007, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
THIS is vs stock NOT vs Buschur FMIC

I think we will agree that the Buschur is the best, but Im not compairing it to that damn it!

says who?

all he is saying is buschur did a test with a ebay intercooler and one of thier intercoolers. i dont think it performed to good. of course its going to be better then the stock front mount on a stock motor...but what about when you NEED the air temps down? you should of just saved up and bought a perrin,ams or bushur. in the end your now spendin more money
Old Jun 21, 2007, 05:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
says who?

all he is saying is buschur did a test with a ebay intercooler and one of thier intercoolers. i dont think it performed to good. of course its going to be better then the stock front mount on a stock motor...but what about when you NEED the air temps down? you should of just saved up and bought a perrin,ams or bushur. in the end your now spendin more money
YEAH Buschur did the test on a 700whp car!!!!! I think there is a difference I think there is a difference between his and mine!

LOOK im just giving my opinion on this stupid IC. My tuner said he would NOT recommend these ebay ic to anyone, but he did say that the ic did its job on the dynojet, and I also asked him - (is this better than the stock fmic) he said yes.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 06:00 PM
Account Disabled

If I had an extra $1029 +tax + shipping I would have gotten the Buschur for sure, but I decided that the xspower for $132 shipped. It was best for my style of driving and application.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Brian_H
You sholud have touched the exhaust to see if it was cooler as well.
Hahahahaha classic
Old Jun 21, 2007, 06:38 PM
Former Vendor

There are alot of good front mounts for under a grand. You may have gained some horsepower from your ebay ****, but you'd do alot better with a proven name brand. I'd still like to see the dyno chart. I'm curious to how much pressure drop there is on the xs-power pos too. But it all comes down to this, why would you put **** parts on a beautiful car? It's like putting Martha Stewart cloths on a super model.
And all of us do not agree that Buschur is the best. Since when did you start speaking for all of us? I'm not knocking Buschur one bit, I just wish you'd get off they're dicks already.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 07:37 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Speed Corps
There are alot of good front mounts for under a grand. You may have gained some horsepower from your ebay ****, but you'd do alot better with a proven name brand. I'd still like to see the dyno chart. I'm curious to how much pressure drop there is on the xs-power pos too. But it all comes down to this, why would you put **** parts on a beautiful car? It's like putting Martha Stewart cloths on a super model.
And all of us do not agree that Buschur is the best. Since when did you start speaking for all of us? I'm not knocking Buschur one bit, I just wish you'd get off they're dicks already.
lol Im not on buschurs wee wee. If antyhing I cut there throat buy going to one of there former employees for my tune - Tym Swizter-

LOOK I payed $132 shipped for the xs power. I feel I got a great bang for my buck. Also if I decide to change my FMIC Im comfortable eating $132

Last edited by APEX1; Jun 21, 2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
as long as makes you happy.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

I'm very sure it's better than the stock unit, but if I have to go thru the trouble of raplace the stock IC, I want the best. Oh yeah, your test is wack. Glad it worked out for you.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 01:11 PM

as soon as I read ebay intercooler..... I droped this thread.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

XS power works great . 150$ you cant go wrong. And I was lucky enough to get one that doesnt have XS POWER branded onto the bottom.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speed Corps
Have you ever looked at one of these front mounts in person? There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. How can you talk so much sh*t about it if you HAVENT ever seen a dyno chart proving its worthlessness? Id shop at Kmart if Martha's clothes will look as good as this FMIC performs.

In fact, I cant remember the last time I read that someone actually bought and used this I/C and wasn't happy with it.

Quick Reply: xs power vs stock FMIC