Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

xs power vs stock FMIC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 01:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by prj.evo

In fact, I cant remember the last time I read that someone actually bought and used this I/C and wasn't happy with it.
Amen!
Old Jun 22, 2007, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^thats becuase usually people who spend over 30g's on a car dont buy off brand parts....
Old Jun 22, 2007, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
^^thats becuase usually people who spend over 30g's on a car dont buy off brand parts....

Obviously you havent been a member of this forum long enough to read the many threads that have beaten this topic to death. In fact, it wouldnt suprise me if this thread was closed.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by prj.evo
Obviously you havent been a member of this forum long enough to read the many threads that have beaten this topic to death. In fact, it wouldnt suprise me if this thread was closed.
most of the time they buying cheap first and, if they don't sell a car, eventually they change it to the "expensive" one... why is that?
Old Jun 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Time to put this thread to rest. Here is a back to back dyno comparison of the Ebay (XS Power) intercooler, and the stock unit:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=258830

The Ebay core made something like 20-25hp more over the stocker. Case dismissed.

Last edited by sonicnofadz; Jun 22, 2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

i love the "you bought a car for 30g's how can u put a xxx dollar part on it.

WTF do u people think you are driving? hello! 30 grand gets u an AVERAGE car these days like a family sedan or a mildly optioned small to midsize SUV.

man there are hyundais costing 30g's put the glass dick down and stop smoking your crack. yeah u have a great sports car but its not some exotic ****... give it up already. and i agree with the post that mentions something to the effect that no one whos actually bought has had any complaints or has gained NOTHING on theire setup.

incidentally im moving up to a green and some other supporting mods and i did the same, ebay cooler, cuz i dont find it necessary to spend another 1 g on an intercooler, i doubt on my pump gas low boost setup that it will make much difference at all.

Old Jun 22, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

gosh da*m my comp. is slow as... an sti, haha but THANK YOU sonicnodadz! i'm already paying 500 a month plus helping my mom out with bills. i'd DEFINATELY rather buy cheap, well built "ebay" parts over name brand for the price. i bought my exhaust off of ebay for 270 bucks including shipping and it's been holding up pretty darn good. sounds even a little better then some name brands.....In MY Opinion ofcourese! I prob. will buy better "better" name brand stuff when the parts i have don't hold up or make me Lose power. thnx for the thread!

i love this saying ..." WHAT WORKS, WORKS"
Old Jun 22, 2007, 05:24 PM

YO YO Check this out

I hear if you roll down the windows the car will get even cooler
Old Jun 22, 2007, 05:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
Time to put this thread to rest. Here is a back to back dyno comparison of the Ebay (XS Power) intercooler, and the stock unit:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=258830

The Ebay core made something like 20-25hp more over the stocker. Case dismissed.
Was that a dynorun when he had heatsoak issues as noted later in that thread?
Old Jun 22, 2007, 07:08 PM
Account Disabled

yeah- come on man this thing does not heat soak it just doesnt run as cool as the Buschur, and I was cool with that considering my driving style and and the price.

I could be wrong but, what about these talons and gsx that are running turbos equilavent to the 03 Evos with these dinky little intercoolers that are hiding in the bumper somwehere? Are they blowing engines and crap cause of there tiny IC heatsoaking. Ive never heard of any!!!

Last edited by APEX1; Jun 22, 2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 07:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by APEX1
yeah- come on man this thing does not heat soak it just doesnt run as cool as the Buschur, and I was cool with that considering my driving style and and the price.

I could be wrong but, what about these talons and gsx that are running turbos equilavent to the 03 Evos with these dinky little intercoolers that are hiding in the bumper somwehere? Are they blowing engines and crap cause of there tiny IC heatsoaking. Ive never heard of any!!!
Just stop talking and go touch your radiator to see if it was running hotter.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Brian_H
Just stop talking and go touch your radiator to see if it was running hotter.
Ill tell you how hot it is after you tell me how my new tail lights look
Old Jun 22, 2007, 07:22 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by APEX1
Ill tell you how hot it is after you tell me how my new tail lights look
So you're going to do another scientific test after a hard run, glorious. Don't forget to touch the downpipe this time.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

The XS Power Intercooler is not bad at all. If I remember correctly, the bushcur race intercooler outperformed the XS by apprx 10 whp. Im not sure if the car was re-tuned when the XS Power Intercooler was installed, however the results were pretty decent considering the price difference.

I understand that some feel as though the XS Core is succeptable to excessive heat soak. This may be the case, however for those of you running Meth, this really shouldnt be a huge concern. The Meth cools the intake charge so much, often heat soak wont be an issue. I have made pretty decent power using the XS Power Intercooler. I have a few more parts / mods going into my car as we speak. I hope to make 620 - 650 with this intercooler in the very near future.

So.... If you have the extra bread, and it will make you sleep better at night, by all means, by the Buschur Intercooler. From what I understand, its a great product

If you dont mind purchasing a cheaper alternative that may not perform as well (once again, meth should take care of this), go for the XS Power.

I'm no guru or engineer, this is just my two cents based upon my experience with the XS Power Intercooler...

Cheers
Old Jun 22, 2007, 07:26 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

one thing to remember is that the BR test had knock correction turned off.

Quick Reply: xs power vs stock FMIC